Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked wz for general pvp plz

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked wz for general pvp plz

Saelos
06.26.2012 , 06:09 PM | #21
It's ranked warzones therefore going in you know you are going up against people who want to be the best of the best. Part of wanting to be the best of the best is having a good team, and thus a good pvp guild. If you can't deal with that then don't join ranked warzones.

Personally, I'm ecstatic the way things are. By the time the puggers get to join I would have full War Hero gear plus all my augments. I'll feed you to my dogs.

Astarica
06.26.2012 , 06:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Saelos View Post
It's ranked warzones therefore going in you know you are going up against people who want to be the best of the best. Part of wanting to be the best of the best is having a good team, and thus a good pvp guild. If you can't deal with that then don't join ranked warzones.

Personally, I'm ecstatic the way things are. By the time the puggers get to join I would have full War Hero gear plus all my augments. I'll feed you to my dogs.
In other words you're not confident you can even beat a PUG without the advantage of full War Hero, which most people would already have from pre season anyway if they play competitively even as a PUG, so your plan won't even work against decent PUGs.

DarthStubb
06.26.2012 , 06:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RedHatcc View Post
I agree. They should have let their be premade 8 mans vs premade 8 mans, and queing ranked wz's for solo players. Seriously I am in a social guild with 5 co workers. How the frack am I suppose to have a chance at ranked wz's now?
You can get 3 more players to form the 8 man operation. There is no requirement that all players in the operation have to be from the same guild.
Kei (PvP Officer)
< Midian > - Master Dar'Nala (APAC PvP)

Quinlynn
06.26.2012 , 06:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmdluke View Post
you don't really understand how 'seasons' in sports work do you. you don't keep your rank from pre-season to regular season, just like you don't keep your rank from this season to next season.

Do you think the NY Giants are going to start this year's football season as the number 1 team? no they will all have an even rank when the season starts.
You mean the comms and gear they purchase with those comms is being taken away after pre-season?

RedHatcc
06.26.2012 , 06:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Saelos View Post

Sounds like you are being carried through by your guild. You probably suck, and couldn't win anything without the gear. For us that do not have a pvp guild, we are stuck out here alone.... I am sorry but I completely disagree with you. I see your point and I will never agree with that. I'll feed your dogs to my goldfish.
<=============[]xxxxxxx() ()xxxxxxx[]=============>
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓║ SITH INQUISITOR ║▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
<=============[]xxxxxxx() ()xxxxxxx[]=============>

Kurfer
06.26.2012 , 06:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Beratac View Post
mean while everyone else doing spe'd groups gets a jump a head on the ranking system.. ya thats truely a fair way to introduce something..
Ranking doesn't give you better gear. You have access to war hero just like everyone else.

Quote:
I'll feed your dogs to my goldfish.
Haha awesome!

Drudenfusz
06.26.2012 , 08:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by rayniejenkins View Post
So you think they are not opening up solo ques in ranked WZ's in pre-season just to be a meanie weenie? Did the thought ever occur to you that they had some reasoning behind not doing this or restriction that still needed to be addressed? I guess its just easier on the melon to think they are being big meanie weenies.
I understand that BioWare is not capable to get this working yet, but I don'T understand why they think it is a good idea to get both ready on the same time. The folks who queue solo might also would like to have some testing time on live servers before the true competion of the first season starts. If they do both at the same time, be sure we will see again complaining threads here on the forums. And I can than once again tell how stupid I think the decisions BioWare make often are.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Sir_D
06.26.2012 , 08:25 PM | #28
How hard is it to get a 8 man pug ops and farm ranked comms. You don't need a guild to do rwz and you don't need rating to get the gear. Screw if you lose every time, getting rwz comms is better than getting wz comms and trading them.

Ballisticbryan
06.26.2012 , 08:44 PM | #29
if anyone read at all.. they would know that this is built for 8 people to play...

LTR---- Learn to read.
Server: Shadow Hand
50 Marauder- Ballistik | 25 Assassin -Psychotik | 27 Operative- Shaam wow
Server: The Bastion <Attrition>
50 Jedi Shadow - Fraener

Temeluchus
06.26.2012 , 08:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beratac View Post
thanks for that sporting explanation.. pt is.. they need to open it up to everyone.. not season from now.. or what ever... thats the problem with games... pre this and pre that... BS... open it up to everyone or don't even launch it until you can... frankly its friggen stupid doing it this way
If ratings reset at the beginning of Season One, you have access to the same gear as those doing Rateds and those doing Rateds are playing the same Warzones as you(just with "Rated" in front of them); what exactly is the problem and why are you so mad?

Even if they do have access to Rated WH gear, it has the exact same stats as WH. The only difference is cosmetic. Is that really such a huge deal for you?Because that's the only legitimate point I can think of for one to be disappointed,not angry, in the current queues and it's not gamebreaking,unfair or a doomsday scenario.

If you don't like it, then find 7 random people on your server and form a Rated premade, post on your server forums that you are forming a Rated premade, or bug people in your guild to queue up with you. Problem solved.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.