Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I don't understand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I don't understand

Bogezzus's Avatar


Bogezzus
06.26.2012 , 04:35 PM | #1
So on my 14 Sent. I keep on coming across Operatives who can stun me, and take roughyl 9-10k+ HP away before the stun ends with their constant flow of crits. And then stun me again if they actually for some reason feel it's necessary.

I understand most cases they are 45+..but how is it that I can fight on some what of an even level with other 45+'s just not Ops?


And why is it 10-49 then if that's the case? If 49's are so incredibly powerful, shouldn't you split it up into tiers?

Basically what I am saying is why can Ops just sneak in, kill you, and sneak back out within seconds? And please don't tell me that's their only way of attacking and killing, we all know that's not true.

Really though, if anyone has any advice on how to beat an Operative on a Sent let me know.

lpsmash's Avatar


lpsmash
06.26.2012 , 04:43 PM | #2
I once got crit for 24k by an operative. True story.

Kalolo's Avatar


Kalolo
06.26.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
Did u unsub?
If so, then all BW has to do is : nerf operative again. Problem solved
Before Swtor launched i was
Then i tried the game and i was
I waited for fixes and i was and , sometimes going
Now i understand why people call you BIOFAIL and i'm

physiology's Avatar


physiology
06.26.2012 , 04:46 PM | #4
Are you sure it was just one operative and not a team of them?
Bathsaltbandit Sith Assassin

Bogezzus's Avatar


Bogezzus
06.26.2012 , 04:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalolo View Post
Did u unsub?
If so, then all BW has to do is : nerf operative again. Problem solved

Why would I unsub?

It's a pretty legitmate question.

Also fact, almost every MMORPG favors a single class. And that class would be the Rogue class. And that is the class in every MMO that gets the most flack. Also, quite often melee classes such as the warrior or tank are often lacking compared to every other class. Honestly I love the Sent/Guardian. But I hate Operatives.

Bogezzus's Avatar


Bogezzus
06.26.2012 , 04:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by physiology View Post
Are you sure it was just one operative and not a team of them?
There was definantly one. On more than one occasion. All I saw was a stun, then he/she pops up behind me and gives me a steady flow of 2.5-3k crits, usually 3-5 times, before the stun wears off. Not much I can do after that, if I'm still alive that is.

physiology's Avatar


physiology
06.26.2012 , 04:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bogezzus View Post
Why would I unsub?

It's a pretty legitmate question.

Also fact, almost every MMORPG favors a single class. And that class would be the Rogue class. And that is the class in every MMO that gets the most flack. Also, quite often melee classes such as the warrior or tank are often lacking compared to every other class. Honestly I love the Sent/Guardian. But I hate Operatives.
This will change, you're only 14 so you lack quite a bit of your classes' legendary defensive cooldowns. Upon reaching 40 (? someone feel free to correct me, I have not played my mara in sometime), you should have no problem countering them provided that you can use said cooldowns effectively.
Bathsaltbandit Sith Assassin

Varicite's Avatar


Varicite
06.26.2012 , 04:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bogezzus View Post
So on my 14 Sent. I keep on coming across Operatives who can stun me, and take roughyl 9-10k+ HP away before the stun ends with their constant flow of crits. And then stun me again if they actually for some reason feel it's necessary.

I understand most cases they are 45+..but how is it that I can fight on some what of an even level with other 45+'s just not Ops?


And why is it 10-49 then if that's the case? If 49's are so incredibly powerful, shouldn't you split it up into tiers?

Basically what I am saying is why can Ops just sneak in, kill you, and sneak back out within seconds? And please don't tell me that's their only way of attacking and killing, we all know that's not true.

Really though, if anyone has any advice on how to beat an Operative on a Sent let me know.
This is because you heard that Sentinels were unstoppable and believed it, huh?

No, your level 14 Sentinel pretty much has no chance of ever beating a lv45 Operative, unless they are almost dead, are AFK, unable to react in some manner, or any combination of all 3.

Accept it and move on. When you are also lv45, you'll have a much better shot at it, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Bogezzus's Avatar


Bogezzus
06.26.2012 , 04:51 PM | #9
Ah okay, so I just need to level up a bit. I guess that makes sense, can't expect a wonder trick to beating a Operative.

I appreciate the answers and help.

Bogezzus's Avatar


Bogezzus
06.26.2012 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
This is because you heard that Sentinels were unstoppable and believed it, huh?

No, your level 14 Sentinel pretty much has no chance of ever beating a lv45 Operative, unless they are almost dead, are AFK, unable to react in some manner, or any combination of all 3.

Accept it and move on. When you are also lv45, you'll have a much better shot at it, though.
Actually I tend to almost always play the Tank/warrior classes in MMO's. I've made pretty much every other class, and Sent was the last on my list. I was a little disappointed with Guardian, due to the fact the label 'Tank' doesn't apply to this game all that much. So I decided to go pure DPS with the sent, with more of less the same tanking capabilities, atleast in 10-49 PvP. Granted I haven't gotten very far into either, so I guess I don't have room to talk. :P