Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Djaram
12.30.2011 , 03:45 AM | #31
Yep, me too. I'm sitting too close to my HDTV for my own good, a fix will make a lot of people happy.

Raz_dash
12.30.2011 , 04:25 AM | #32
add my name to the list

the text is way too small and i can't get it to change

Phuzzi
12.30.2011 , 05:42 AM | #33
It amazes me this sort of issue wasn't addressed in beta, the current UI should never had made it past alpha let alone that the game's gone live with it.

Anadrea
12.30.2011 , 06:18 AM | #34
I've known my glasses need updating for a while (It's a slow progression, I can still read these forums and others fine, but other text of the same size gets fuzzy when I try to read it depending on contrast.). However, I absolutely cannot read the tooltips at a distance normally experienced using my desktop. Leaning in all the time just gives me a backache.

Anyway, I support font size changes and I'll stop whining now .
"You're not old, only twice recycled!" -Devalyn

Tara_xo
12.30.2011 , 06:21 AM | #35
I agree, it's a real strain on my eyes to try to read some of the text.

Val_Den
12.30.2011 , 06:49 AM | #36
I am middle aged and have a hard time seeing the font as well. The amount of eye strain has kept me from being able to play the game well enough to keep up with friends and guild mates. My work around has been to ask my friend to give me a brief on tool tips and conversations. I feel like I am imposing on them.

apmanley
12.30.2011 , 01:38 PM | #37
Agreed. A UI scale needs to be added. One of the developer blogs had said that we would have the option to change our font sizes, so I'm not sure why we don't. Also, how do you change the chat font size?

Bowoci
12.30.2011 , 01:48 PM | #38
Add my wife and my /sign to this as well.

They need to add some type of font size adjustment to the entire UI, not just the chat box. We are also middle aged... and the text in the cut scenes, tooltips, vendors etc is way too small!

Icealli
12.30.2011 , 03:48 PM | #39
I'm having this problem as well, also my entire screen is a lil' blurry including the text.

hackpunk
12.30.2011 , 10:49 PM | #40
Fix this please!