Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mephismo
12.24.2011 , 04:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I have put my resolution to 800x 600 for the game like I usually have my monitor set to so things aren't as small, and the text doesn't change based on resolution. It only makes it a little less fuzzy having at a higher resolution. I hope they change this a well, being forced to use a magnifying glass on a lot of text is taking away from my normal pace I play at, and is becoming very frustrating.
Changed screen res to 1440X900 worked for me

Glorawyn
12.24.2011 , 10:51 PM | #12
Would really like to see a UI scale added to the game. Atleast for text font size. Changing the resolution only seems to change how blurry the text is, but not the actual size. I'm playing on a 73" screen so.... I shouldn't be squinting everytime I try to read a tool tip or Codex entry. Fix it please Bioware! My only complaint so far. well that and broken gather nodes i can see but not click on lol

Nickter
12.24.2011 , 10:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonCal View Post
me too yo I have a 1360x768 and the text is super small and I dont want to get closer to the TV.
is because your on a tv. true font types dont show well on tv in any form. play at max res and at a desk, not in a lazyboy on a 60' plasma 15 feet away.

Ferrnitty
12.25.2011 , 08:04 AM | #14
until they allow for tooltip scaling this is going to be a huge issue.

AdriennaM
12.25.2011 , 08:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tapar View Post
I hate it when aliens talk, I can only BARELY see the text and it is driving me NUTS. I hope they get on this really fast and add some customization. I love the game otherwise but this is starting to impact my desire to play. Here's hoping something good happens!
Click on the "Other" tab in your chat window and you can read what they said.

I, too, have a problem reading the text. They really do need to add a ui scale option.

MerleCorey
12.25.2011 , 10:46 AM | #16
DEVS, Please consider this a hot list item. Your folks with eyes older than 40 Terran years have genetic disadvantages here!

GrandMalicore
12.25.2011 , 11:08 AM | #17
My only option is to play on my 40" viewsonic and the text size is a huge problem for me. I wish i could play at a desktop but my wife and kids use ours for school and everything else. plus that OS is Linux. Please include an upsdate that will fix this problem. Thank you!

akyma
12.25.2011 , 04:57 PM | #18
Idem!
I'm waiting to play.

Thx

dresenpai
12.25.2011 , 05:16 PM | #19
I know it isn't an in game solution but the font size seems just fine to me when using a 32" screen. On a 24" it is certainly too cramped. Going live just before the holidays is hell for timely updates.

Azyala
12.26.2011 , 03:35 PM | #20
One thing for sure, itís a huge issue for me. I canít see what the quests are telling me to do, so I just guess and have to guess on what to sell, or keep, also.

Even after changing the font size on chat, itís still too small.