Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fomorii
09.04.2014 , 03:11 PM | #181
Well, it's been something like three years since this game came out and I still can't change the miniscule font size of ability or item tooltips. People have been complaining about this the entire time and there's nothing to show for it. I've been playing on and off since beta and SWTOR is finally starting to live up to its potential, but its oversights like this that remind me why this game has the bad rep that its got. Hopefully, yelling till I'm hoarse, figuratively speaking, will get this issue bumped up the priority list.

Honestly, Bioware, this should never have been an issue in the first place. We shouldn't have to beg for a way to customize tooltip font size as that's just a basic necessity of any MMO.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◥══╪═╪══◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Squad 11-11-11 *Partially Forgotten Already* Goodbye sweet .

Rappeldrache
11.06.2014 , 05:32 PM | #182
/signed
Sorry, for not being proficient enough with the english language.

KrejikDvor
07.12.2015 , 10:02 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Fomorii View Post
Well, it's been something like three years since this game came out and I still can't change the miniscule font size of ability or item tooltips. People have been complaining about this the entire time and there's nothing to show for it. I've been playing on and off since beta and SWTOR is finally starting to live up to its potential, but its oversights like this that remind me why this game has the bad rep that its got. Hopefully, yelling till I'm hoarse, figuratively speaking, will get this issue bumped up the priority list.

Honestly, Bioware, this should never have been an issue in the first place. We shouldn't have to beg for a way to customize tooltip font size as that's just a basic necessity of any MMO.
I have to agree here. I'm not as young as I used to be but I'm not so old that I should have trouble reading the text in a video game. My screen is a decent 32" and I can't read the text! I feel like my grandma trying to play SWTOR! This isn't right. It's not as if people with good vision can read it and those that need glasses struggle. No one can see it that good and certainly not for the hours of game play bioware should want us to commit to it. I remember when I played WOW years ago before SWTOR came out they had the option to change font sizes and colors. This is like buying a new car that only has am/fm radio! Hello we have the technology! This should be a standard feature.

Nebdar
07.13.2015 , 12:52 AM | #184
the chat window has font setting up to 32 default=14
options -interface editor-> Global scale and all of those windows have their own scaling up to +25%
RED ECLIPSE -> YOUR NEW BEST SERVER
BYE TOFN

Avorniel
07.16.2015 , 04:27 AM | #185
You know you can buy magnifier screens that fit infront of TV's / Monitors or even glasses you can wear (not very trendy though)
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent.

Icestar
07.16.2015 , 06:54 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebdar View Post
the chat window has font setting up to 32 default=14
options -interface editor-> Global scale and all of those windows have their own scaling up to +25%
Is there a need for higher font setting then 32? That looks huge to me

ServerusEcru
08.13.2015 , 04:13 PM | #187
I was having no problems until last night. I was booted from the game and then Nvidia updated. Afterwards it optimized, and everything went small. I am disappointed. It not only affected, SWTOR but ESO and all my other MMO's as well.
Mo'nos D˘shalo, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR

Long Live <THE JEDI ORDER>, 2014 - Present

Shadowcyborgx
12.04.2015 , 06:32 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
I am 18 and i have no trouble seeing things on a small smart phone screen, but the text in game makes my eyes hurt.

I cant even see the name of an ability under its cast bar.

I support changing font size.
Glad to know its not just me, I have a magnifying glass I use to read the script, crazy... all this technology and software and I can't find a way to change the size of the font... really makes playing the game difficult at times.

Eriias
04.03.2016 , 08:19 PM | #189
I just came back to the game for the expansions, and with my visual impairment, I can't figure out how I EVER played this game. I was here at day one, but this is ridiculous. The lack of accessibility settings is appalling, and that this hasn't been fixed for 4 frigging years is really upsetting. Get it together, BioWare. Make it so we can read what you've written.

Revnsens
07.02.2016 , 11:39 PM | #190
THEY DID IT!!!!
Go to Interface Editor, then on Main HUD, select Conversation, and thats it
Super Pancake Power!
| EMPIRE | REPUBLIC |
Acme | Unlimited | TzT | Mela Pelas | TkT | Ravensens |
Saggitarius | Beinecke | Mexican | AcmeJr | Acm | Acmc | Acmu |