Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cavalcade
02.03.2012 , 06:48 PM | #121
Just wanted to add to the cause. I DO play on an HDTV. I used to played WoW on my HDTV and never had an issue. I have a Gaming Laptop, 47" Wall Mounted HDTV and surround sound, blah blah blah. I would like to use this setup because it is optimally the most cost efficient (rather than buying another setup for my computer) and comfortable (couch) way to play. With my contacts in it's not unbearable with a few squints now and then. WIth my glasses on I might as well not try to read anything. Maybe I need new glasses, or maybe they should just fix the issue cuz I paid for this game. They should want me to continue enjoying this game while they continue to enjoy my monthly subscription fee. It is within' SWTORs best interest. Word.

Thrakar
02.04.2012 , 04:57 AM | #122
Agreed. Text needs to be scalable. Just started the game a few minutes ago and the first thing I had to do was go down to 800x600 just to get some of the text readable. Yeah big screen. Yeah couch. Yeah glasses. Year 41yo. Doesn't matter. Other games been providing text scaling for years, in response to player demand. Suspect they'll get to it soon, but should really have been there from the start.

In the mean time, I'm adding myself to the list of players here, calling for this to be a priority for the developers. Not read through the whole thread, just the begging and the end, so if somebody has posted a link to where my request is more likely to make a difference, please feel free to post it below. Would benefit others too.

Laters

Xupastars
02.04.2012 , 05:23 AM | #123
I made an eye exame last week and iam 100% good.
This game sometimes have blurry text and i wish that will be fixed.
Playing @1080p like others games with no problems, just swtor makes this.
Caetano Dark-Side Human Commando Legions of Lettow

bzkrem
02.06.2012 , 10:40 AM | #124
/signed

Psidaemon
02.07.2012 , 04:08 AM | #125
Hi - Just to make you all aware if you wanted to add any Blurry Text issues to this thread that I am constantly tfrying to get solved it will hep the cause;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...07#post2561607

Bioware said there is no blurry text issue and its a hardware issue with our monitors regarding pixel clock issues and it can be solved by re-syncing this. PAH!

This is a lie and needs to be addressed by Bioware in the correct forum section, but the more people signing up to the thread the more they will have to listen.

Illanair
02.07.2012 , 04:12 AM | #126
Dear thread.

Bioware is working on allowing customization of the UI. Post in the suggetions forum, instead of here if you want something done.

End of line.

Hope you can read that on your 42" eye killers.

ssgrif
02.07.2012 , 04:21 AM | #127
you can change the font size for the chat frame simply by right clicking the channel tab and selecting font size or settings, cant remember exactly which its called but its there

I made mine smaller and works a treat.

Dont think you can change the font size of the rest of the game like subtitles, spell/item names etc.
< Disciples of Babylon >
Wipe them out. All of them!
[PVE/PVP] [16M OPS]
~ |Guild Website| ~

Carousel_t
02.07.2012 , 04:35 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by ssgrif View Post
you can change the font size for the chat frame simply by right clicking the channel tab and selecting font size or settings, cant remember exactly which its called but its there

I made mine smaller and works a treat.

Dont think you can change the font size of the rest of the game like subtitles, spell/item names etc.
That would be great, but I'd rather see "general font resizing" in-gam rather than just chat. It's hard to understand Killiks sometimes..

And I do agree, font tends to get blurry sometimes.

Gochev
02.09.2012 , 04:05 AM | #129
yep known issue just the fonts ARE AMAZINGLY BAD QUALITY

even on 1980x1080 if you look carefully you will see them a little little blurry compared to skyrim fonts which look like a peace of art.

On lower resolutions like 1366x768 EVEN IF THIS IS THE native resolution the fonts are basiclly UNREADABLE or ... very very very very very VERY bad. But as we know the game is full of bugs maybe the most buggy game release ever so I am sure this will not be fixed in half year

I hope they will update at least this stupid fonts or at least give us a WAY to use some NORMAL fonts in game
May the source be with you.

MadMose
02.12.2012 , 11:22 AM | #130
My wife has some minor vision issues due to a degenerative disease, and the default font sizes are just too small for her. This is seriuosly impacting her ability to play a game that she loves. All it would take to fix this for her would be an option to increase font sizes.