Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Murah
01.27.2012 , 07:59 AM | #111
I don't know much about correcting eyesight, but if you are using a computer monitor to play the game, and you can't read stuff that I have no issue reading, then don't you just put on eyeglasses? Like some people need glasses to read a book? And for those of you complaining because you're trying to play the game on your hdtv... well you can't. Just like you can't play swtor on an xbox. use a computer with a computer monitor, and it's fine.

I get that it would be a nice feature to change the font sizes, but so are guild banks. And like a huge list of everything else that's missing. Considering all you have to do is use a normal computer monitor and throw on some eyeglasses, I don't see the huge issue.
Reunion Guild

JamieM
01.27.2012 , 09:27 AM | #112
You can play SWTOR on an HD TV - I play it on a 42 inch 1080p TV using HDMI cable connected to my XPS latop and it's incredible.

Nylonica
01.27.2012 , 11:39 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Murah View Post
I don't know much about correcting eyesight, but if you are using a computer monitor to play the game, and you can't read stuff that I have no issue reading, then don't you just put on eyeglasses? Like some people need glasses to read a book?
That is the most insulting stupid thing to say. Don't you think people put on their glasses! IT DOESN'T HELP!

use a computer with a computer monitor, and it's fine.
Rubbish. I use a computer monitor and its not fine - because guess what: I'm not a kid with perfect eyes.

I get that it would be a nice feature to change the font sizes, but so are guild banks.
No, guild banks are a frivolous perk - having a readable interface is a necessity. Now if it is biowares point of view that they just want kids with perfect vision and the rest of us can get lost, well then we can take our money and go elsewhere (like wow, where you can get readable text)

And like a huge list of everything else that's missing. Considering all you have to do is use a normal computer monitor and throw on some eyeglasses, I don't see the huge issue.

That's because you are a selfish little spoiled brat who hasn't learn to consider others - much like the programmers apparently.
--
Bioware, I need bigger fonts in the entire interface if I am to stay around. (That means tooltips, codex, talent trees, and not just the damn chat)

Outraegis
01.29.2012 , 04:25 AM | #114
The fonts are way too small for me, too. They're ruining the fun of the game.

Banthos
01.29.2012 , 03:14 PM | #115
Yes please add a patch that lets us scale up the font size. Also add costume slots and ability toggle armor pieces on and off so we can modify our appearance better.

Thanks

Fantastic game btw lots of good content!

kirorx
01.29.2012 , 03:32 PM | #116
Play on TV its pretty big but font is small since i sit far away on my couch.

HitmanZatoichi
01.31.2012 , 10:57 AM | #117
Also having the same problem and it's really driving me nuts. Finding it really difficult to make out the stats of items or even understand what certain things do. Hopefully with the amount of issues people are having with regards to text size they'll do something about it.

Also, this is how my face looks when i'm trying to read the screen

Vartanian
01.31.2012 , 01:12 PM | #118
This is really getting ridiculous! I've canceled my account until this font issue is fixed. I am getting tired of squinting at the screen! I don't wear glasses nor need them, but trying to read the font in this game, it seems I may need an optical implant to be able to do so! PLEASE PLEASE fix this issue already!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

NOTHING_IS_NOT
02.01.2012 , 12:35 PM | #119
Definitely needs to be made bigger, wayyy too small, please fix this asap, above all other problems/add ons your working on bioware!

phorim
02.02.2012 , 10:50 AM | #120
35 years old and this hurts my eyes. I'm not sure why PC mmo's always seem to be an eye test. I'm playing on a computer monitor, not a TV.