Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

orion_eb
01.19.2012 , 07:42 AM | #91
Here is the direct quote from the official interface blog listed above:

"By contrast, we also had to be careful because screen resolution has gotten so high that text can be made too small to be legible. In The Old Republic players will be able to set their text-size preference, but we wanted an extremely usable default experience."

So what happened? Did everyone there forget there's text everywhere on the screen and not just in the chat box?

This just goes back to UI mods/scaling again and dev arrogance that we couldn't possibly want to change the best UI out there and if we do then we really don't understand their "vision".

Like it or hate it but Blizzard set the gold standard that all other game UIs will be judged by and the one here is nice looking but extremely lacking.

Neoxota
01.21.2012 , 01:48 PM | #92
/sign
I can see most of texts, but eyes getting red and tired in 10-20 minutes.
+ I am going to cancel subscription if larger fonts will not appear in next few patches.

DimSilver
01.21.2012 , 03:16 PM | #93
+1. That needs to be done.
Or may be oculists pay to Bioware for build up their clientele.

vekien
01.21.2012 , 03:33 PM | #94
Add me to this list, i currently cannot play at all.

In the future video though it does show they have created a slider (no idea why it works fine in video but not yet released but w/e..)

So I have unsubbed and stopped playing until this has been added "in the future"...

Billenbrock
01.22.2012 , 10:16 PM | #95
+1 fix this!!!!

Qiulle
01.24.2012 , 12:12 PM | #96
Same here I'm playing on a 50 inch and sitting close and still kills my eyes. do we all have to quit to get bioware to listen? I know a lot of people play games on larger monitors or their hdtv and more and more are going that way every day how do we prove to be a big enough population for them to give us a ui scaler. I really want to play this game just copy wow already on this one they got it right!

PokerDealerSTL
01.24.2012 , 12:26 PM | #97
I have as well unsubscribed due to this issue. My wife is Legally blind (but can see) and just cannot see the fonts no matter how low the screen resolutions are in the game. They just won an award for being disabled player friendly, however they are definitely not vision impaired friendly when it comes to this.

If they can fix the UI scaling like in WOW you have options to, we will both be able to play the game, and bring my WOW guild over to SWTOR... PLEASE FIX THIS!

jamesregis
01.25.2012 , 01:02 AM | #98
Add me to that list .there was an update this morning so maby they fixed it .....

Gobgrot
01.25.2012 , 02:02 AM | #99
I cant believe how fast this post is growing. Im reading it and the number of pages grows faster then I can read.

Count me in fonts are WAY TO HARD to read!!!!

DrillThrall
01.25.2012 , 05:37 PM | #100
/signed