Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS queuing as tanks/healers

NasherUK
06.26.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1
This seems to be a problem. First FP group I find using the LFG tool we get a DPS who queued as a healer (for a shorter queue) and then demanded that someone else help him heal because he couldn't do it alone. There doesn't seem to be a kick option either.

There needs to be a check on what spec people currently have. People with "damage" specs should not be able to tick healer or tank.

Tkerzis
06.26.2012 , 01:12 PM | #2
This was to be expected, I fully agree with the OP that you shouldn't be able to queue as a tank/healer if you aren't specced appropriately. At Least from level 30 and onwards.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

ArchangelLBC
06.26.2012 , 01:32 PM | #3
There is supposed to be (key word supposed) a group kick option so that if someone tries that crap they get kicked by everyone else.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Tatile
06.26.2012 , 01:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkerzis View Post
This was to be expected, I fully agree with the OP that you shouldn't be able to queue as a tank/healer if you aren't specced appropriately. At Least from level 30 and onwards.
I agree that they should put restrictions on what you can queue as depending on your current spec, then allow in exceptions for when they put in dual-spec.

This happened a fair amount in WoW (I ran with friends, was a healer and the other half was a tank - DPS we got tended to be real DPS) but I don't believe anything was done to address the issue - it was expected that the community would sort out the issue.

Nolenthar
06.26.2012 , 02:17 PM | #5
it's up to the community to solve the issue, and they ought to be doing stupid stuff the very first days of the tools coming live.
While people will start to be blacklisted by groups for doing such silly things and get autokicked, then they will learn eventually.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Aetou
06.26.2012 , 04:43 PM | #6
Yep, they need both a skill check and a gear check really. Queuing for a role you can't do is bad. Queuing for HM flashpoints in L49-50 Greens is equally bad.

Codle
06.26.2012 , 04:49 PM | #7
Had a similar problem today. Doing Hammer Station with 2 friends (Commando DPS and Shadow Tank) and used the group finder to find another DPS, since I was the healer. We got another Shadow as a DPS, and went into the flashpoint. He ran ahead to the two gold droids near the start and grabbed all the aggro, so my friend was trying to pull it back since he was the tank, which didn't go too well and left us pretty confused. Apparently, the DPS Shadow had decided he wanted to Tank. If you're going to tank, then why queue as DPS?

I realise that there's probably not going to be an easy fix for this, if at all, I just wish people would have more common sense and, if they queue for something, they should be prepared to take up that role.

ragamer
06.26.2012 , 06:40 PM | #8
Remember... You will NEVER be assigned to a team that contains a person in your ignore list.

DayneDrak
06.27.2012 , 01:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
There is supposed to be (key word supposed) a group kick option so that if someone tries that crap they get kicked by everyone else.
There is, I had to utilize it today, but it's kind of hidden. I had to target the person, right click their target window, choose the Group submenu, and the vote kick option was there. I didn't see it by right clicking their name in the ops frames.

Nolenthar
06.27.2012 , 02:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
Yep, they need both a skill check and a gear check really. Queuing for a role you can't do is bad. Queuing for HM flashpoints in L49-50 Greens is equally bad.
No, if anything there is too much restriction.

Most FP HM can be tanked by a dps if the healer is good, most FP Hm are easy enough so a hybrid specced healer can heal.

Players need to evolve, an automatic system can't think for everyone.

That's already retarded than you can't sign a dps class as tank if you know you're up to the job. A dps specc jug/guard/vanguard can definitely tank most of the FP HM, just as marauder/sentinel/commando/mercenary can as well.

As well, FP HM were nerfed so much that you can do them in green I'm afraid.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening