Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing while leveling

Spigoe
12.26.2011 , 07:55 PM | #21
Things get considerably easier, once you have Force Surge, your Force will feel limitless.

Taegost
12.27.2011 , 09:16 AM | #22
I've been leveling as a healer since I unlocked my talents at 10. I had a few struggles early on (Fighting the disappearing spider and it's minions) and the fight to get the Lord title... But the only reason the first fight was hard was because my framerate sucked and I hadn't learned the nuances of the class yet. The other fight was because I was 5 levels below the boss (And still got her down to about 15%).
Since I got Andronikos, I haven't brought out Khem except for the 2 quests I had to. With him as a companion and me being high up in the healing tree, I solo everything and win.
It's actually at the point where I purposely go to a planet 2-3 levels low just so it's a challenge.
I don't find it to be slow at all... It might be faster as lightning spec, but I like the utility of being able to jump into the healing role on any heroic, and in a pinch I can come out on top.

felirx
12.27.2011 , 09:44 AM | #23
Leveling as a healer is very viable. Currently around 46, full heal spec from level one.
Soloed Hoth bonus Heroic2 on level 46. The last pull was 3 elites.
Ashara tanked and killed one, one was in whirlwind and I tanked the last one.

Naesh
12.27.2011 , 01:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ravndark View Post
Can you heal effectively in flash points and heroic quests while in a dps spec or do you have to be in healing spec?
I`ve been doing quite well leveling as a healer - damage is nice, has great soloing capabilities (able to solo 2+ quests easily with khemy :-) and it makes it a lot easier to find groups for flashpoints).

Now toyour question, you'll need a dedcated healing spec after a certain level because as mentioned before you'll have issues with force management if you dont.

On a sidenote, to those who believe leveling as a healer is a lot slower, that's wrong: might not be as fast but nothing too significant that should make you alienate this spec in the first place (tip: keep your companions equipped).
Show me the digits and we'll talk business.
Star Wars Portugal

Azhriaz
12.28.2011 , 06:07 AM | #25
Running out of Force and dying maybe a few times more is always considered downtime which could be spend killing mobs or finishing quests faster. It's all about management, the person who plays must understand how to manage his resources and that can be the difference in wasting time dying often or excelling in lvling.

I am full heal specced, I get invited in groups a lot, on my server there seems to be some lack of heal specced sorcerers and often after the group is done people put me in friends list so i get invites to FP's/HC's between questing.

That's one of the plussides of being healer.