Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM EC now obsolete.

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 11:52 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AichaHalcyon View Post
Some people need a carrot on a stick and digital goodies in order to feel rewarded/compensated for the perceived effort they put into a video game. Other people are happy with the activity itself and the time spent with like-minded individuals as its own reward.

I prefer the latter group of people.

And by the way, there is nothing hardcore about sitting at your computer playing a video game. I wish people would stop saying that they're "hardcore." If that was the case I'm a hardcore television watcher; I can click that remote with the best of 'em.
Totally couldn't tell by your bias post that you preferred the latter group until you stated it, thanks for clearing that up.
Who cares if they label it 'hardcore' or 'quololpooloo' it's just a label. We understand that by saying 'hardcore' they mean 'sitting in front of the computer non stop like a basement dweller.' Labelling things with consonants and vowels to make sounds is the point of words and which sound we use doesn't matter as long as the majority of people understand what that sound means.

Khevar
06.27.2012 , 11:55 AM | #42
Some people need a carrot on a stick and digital goodies in order to feel rewarded/compensated for the perceived effort they put into a video game. Other people are happy with the activity itself and the time spent with like-minded individuals as its own reward.

I prefer the latter group of people.

And by the way, there is nothing hardcore about sitting at your computer playing a video game. I wish people would stop saying that they're "hardcore." If that was the case I'm a hardcore television watcher; I can click that remote with the best of 'em.

Personally, I'm just glad to be having fun. If my going through end-game content slowly makes me "casual" then so be it.

I'd rather be a "casual" player having a good time then a "hardcore" player who is annoyed.

wainot-keel
06.27.2012 , 11:58 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.
LMAO

Okay, good bye and good luck

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 12:03 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post

Personally, I'm just glad to be having fun. If my going through end-game content slowly makes me "casual" then so be it.

I'd rather be a "casual" player having a good time then a "hardcore" player who is annoyed.
Good on you. I'm glad there are people enjoying the game. I'm not saying there isn't any enjoyment to be had with the game, I'm just saying they keep eliminating all enjoyment for people that enjoy spending a lot of time gaming. Being an MMORPG a very large portion of their market are addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming. They should appeal to their audience or look into a different genre.

Leovinus
06.27.2012 , 12:10 PM | #45
Good on you. I'm glad there are people enjoying the game. I'm not saying there isn't any enjoyment to be had with the game, I'm just saying they keep eliminating all enjoyment for people that enjoy spending a lot of time gaming. Being an MMORPG a very large portion of their market are addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming. They should appeal to their audience or look into a different genre.
As I alluded to earlier, for a current day AAA MMORPG, the available population of "addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming" is far, far smaller than the total pool of players they need to attract in order to make a game viable to create and run . It is simply out of the question to appeal to that audience. There's not enough of them to justify the necessary expenditure needed to satisfy them, not by a long shot.

Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
As I alluded to earlier, for a current day AAA MMORPG, the available population of "addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming" is far, far smaller than the total pool of players they need to attract in order to make a game viable to create and run . It is simply out of the question to appeal to that audience. There's not enough of them to justify the necessary expenditure needed to satisfy them, not by a long shot.
Fair call.

But it is possible to cater to both with very little effort.

AichaHalcyon
06.27.2012 , 12:16 PM | #47
Or you could flip that and say that perhaps those "hardcore" addicts who spend 20 hours a day chewing through endgame content picked the wrong game. From the beginning, Bioware made it known that this was going to be a story-driven mmo. Not a raid-driven mmo. Not a pvp-driven mmo. It was always going to have a heavy emphasis on re-rolling alts, companions, and story.

In all honesty though, I do hope you find the game you are looking for.
Guild Leader, Omega Company
Social and Casual PVE Progression
www.omegacompany.xtreemhost.com

NwahsNirom
06.27.2012 , 12:40 PM | #48
Or you could flip that and say that perhaps those "hardcore" addicts who spend 20 hours a day chewing through endgame content picked the wrong game. From the beginning, Bioware made it known that this was going to be a story-driven mmo. Not a raid-driven mmo. Not a pvp-driven mmo. It was always going to have a heavy emphasis on re-rolling alts, companions, and story.

In all honesty though, I do hope you find the game you are looking for.
Hear hear.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website

Ebon Hawk | Guild Leader | PvE, PvP, GSF Guild
3/5 HM ToS, 2/5 HM Rav, 4/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF

Kuly
06.27.2012 , 01:08 PM | #49
The point of gear is so you have the stats to do the next content released. But if getting the gear to do that content doesn't include doing the current hardest content... Well then... That's just f***ing stupid.

Being a hardcore raider I had full 61 mods in everything, I was just still running HM EC to win a couple more rolls so I can have full augmented gear... Now I have it and have no need to running anything. I am now have 100% best gear I could possibly get a couple weeks short of when I should have had it. On top of that other people will be able to get there without having to put the effort in.

Same thing MMOs have been doing forever, just making gear easier to get long before it should be.
No it is not. That maybe the point of the gear to you, but not everyone.

Siorac
06.27.2012 , 01:13 PM | #50
But why? If you regularly run hard mode EC you get BiS gear faster than in any other way. And because of the mainhand it's the only way to actually get real, full BiS. It's still a challenge. People getting Black Hole comms from other sources don't prevent you from entering HM EC. I genuinely don't see the problem.