Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM EC now obsolete.


DSafana's Avatar


DSafana
06.27.2012 , 09:26 AM | #31
Rage Quit on forum . I've seen it all now.

rymah's Avatar


rymah
06.27.2012 , 10:26 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
Yes I have thought that, but it's total crap if that's the case. If you can't complete HM EC you shouldn't be allowed in to NM EC. Also if that's the case it'd be the second time they've f***ed up this badly. Remember how many good players quit pre 1.2 cause they ran out of stuff to do? They just continuously set the parameters so that if you're a good player you run out of s*** to do way before they release new content. This makes most the good players move on to challenging games and leave swtor full of noob.

You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.
Good players adapt and overcome, bad players take their ball and go home.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 10:28 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by rymah View Post
Good players adapt and overcome, bad players take their ball and go home.
Horrible players think this is true.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.27.2012 , 10:42 AM | #34
The sheer anger on this subject confuses me.

I'm a member of a guild and we're slowly working our way through end game and having a good time doing it. I see the increased amount of BH comms as something to help our team progress faster.

How is this a bad thing?

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 10:46 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
The sheer anger on this subject confuses me.

I'm a member of a guild and we're slowly working our way through end game and having a good time doing it. I see the increased amount of BH comms as something to help our team progress faster.

How is this a bad thing?
Because you could get pretty damn good gear doing this before. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear with that half a**ed attitude. It just takes away all incentive for the hardcore players.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.27.2012 , 10:51 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
Because you could get pretty damn good gear doing this before. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear with that half a**ed attitude. It just takes away all incentive for the hardcore players.
Wow.

"That half a**ed attitude"

So it really is all about elitism.

I guess BW has removed all incentive for you to play the game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 11:10 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
Wow.

"That half a**ed attitude"

So it really is all about elitism.

I guess BW has removed all incentive for you to play the game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
No it's not about elitism, it's about there being an incentive between being a casual player and a hardcore player. If you can get everything playing casually, there is absolutely no reason to play hardcore. So there is no reason for hardcore gamers to play this game.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
06.27.2012 , 11:35 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
No it's not about elitism, it's about there being an incentive between being a casual player and a hardcore player. If you can get everything playing casually, there is absolutely no reason to play hardcore. So there is no reason for hardcore gamers to play this game.
Do you think I'm playing "casually" because:

1. I'm in a guild, but doing endgame content slowly?
2. Having a good time while doing it?
3. Pleased to get some extra BH comms to upgrade my gear?

Those are the three points I made in my original post and you responded by saying I had a "half a**ed attitude".

Perhaps you were just frustrated at something else, and didn't mean to direct that towards me, but it sounded like you felt my playstyle wasn't worthy of obtaining end game gear.

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
06.27.2012 , 11:38 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
Do you think I'm playing "casually" because:

1. I'm in a guild, but doing endgame content slowly?
2. Having a good time while doing it?
3. Pleased to get some extra BH comms to upgrade my gear?

Those are the three points I made in my original post and you responded by saying I had a "half a**ed attitude".

Perhaps you were just frustrated at something else, and didn't mean to direct that towards me, but it sounded like you felt my playstyle wasn't worthy of obtaining end game gear.
Sorry to not make it clear. I think your casual because you're doing end game slowly. Hope that clears it up for you.

AichaHalcyon's Avatar


AichaHalcyon
06.27.2012 , 11:43 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
Do you think I'm playing "casually" because:

1. I'm in a guild, but doing endgame content slowly?
2. Having a good time while doing it?
3. Pleased to get some extra BH comms to upgrade my gear?

Those are the three points I made in my original post and you responded by saying I had a "half a**ed attitude".

Perhaps you were just frustrated at something else, and didn't mean to direct that towards me, but it sounded like you felt my playstyle wasn't worthy of obtaining end game gear.
Some people need a carrot on a stick and digital goodies in order to feel rewarded/compensated for the perceived effort they put into a video game. Other people are happy with the activity itself and the time spent with like-minded individuals as its own reward.

I prefer the latter group of people.

And by the way, there is nothing hardcore about sitting at your computer playing a video game. I wish people would stop saying that they're "hardcore." If that was the case I'm a hardcore television watcher; I can click that remote with the best of 'em.
Guild Leader, Omega Company
Social and Casual PVE Progression
www.omegacompany.xtreemhost.com