Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM EC now obsolete.

Fossman
07.01.2012 , 11:36 PM | #121
I wouldn't say that its completely obsolete now. Like someone said earlier its still the fastest way to get BH comms running HM and SM every week. Plus black-purple crystals are sexy.

AshlaBoga
07.02.2012 , 01:53 AM | #122
This is what I don't get: who PvEs just for gear? I PvE to beat the content. I don't care if some people have gear that's almost as good as what comes from HM EC. I'm doing HM EC for my own personal benefit. Should I care that someone is decked out in level 61 mods but haven't done HM EC or Nightmare Pilgrim? It's their loss, not mine.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Shiftyas
07.02.2012 , 04:07 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
This is what I don't get: who PvEs just for gear? I PvE to beat the content. I don't care if some people have gear that's almost as good as what comes from HM EC. I'm doing HM EC for my own personal benefit. Should I care that someone is decked out in level 61 mods but haven't done HM EC or Nightmare Pilgrim? It's their loss, not mine.
You people seem to be making this purely about what other people are wearing, that's only a tiny part of the issue. The key reason I'm pissed off is cause now there is no point in running HM EC. I still needed gear from there, then over night they removed any any need for me to run it.

Sure it was a hell of a lot of fun running the place for the first few weeks, but once you have it on farm the fun that comes from it is getting gear and talking **** on Vent with your mates. Remove the getting gear and you're left with something you can do on any other game and no reason to play this one.

Ellvaan
07.02.2012 , 04:59 AM | #124
Greetings everyone!

We recently removed several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

While we do welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, we ask that your feedback is constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please refer to this thread by Allison Berryman.

As a reminder, please keep the following in mind when replying:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please report it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the report function to report their post.
  6. Please note that we may remove responses to posts that have been removed.

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you!

Leovinus
07.02.2012 , 05:21 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
You people seem to be making this purely about what other people are wearing, that's only a tiny part of the issue. The key reason I'm pissed off is cause now there is no point in running HM EC. I still needed gear from there, then over night they removed any any need for me to run it.

Sure it was a hell of a lot of fun running the place for the first few weeks, but once you have it on farm the fun that comes from it is getting gear and talking **** on Vent with your mates. Remove the getting gear and you're left with something you can do on any other game and no reason to play this one.
But what you harp on, over and over and over, is that anyone who isn't doing HM EC can, right now, get gear that's roughly equivalent, though over a far longer timeframe. How the "bads" (not sure if you've used the term or not, but someone trying to lend support to you has, at least) shouldn't be getting the same gear. How THIS specifically has taken away the reason to do HM EC.

As if your only real goal is to get the gear. So what I'm suggesting to you is that maybe you're in it for the wrong reasons. Shouldn't you be fully geared up by now anyway, what with HM EC being out for as long as it is? So how does the fact that you can get full BH gear in a few months impact your reason to do HM EC after EC has been out long enough to be fully geared anyway. Ignore what BH comms you've gotten, or only use it to gear up companions. Or shelve that character and bring out another one. If you haven't figured out that the quantity and quality of content is only good for someone with a ton of time by doing it with multiple alts, then you should probably take a good hard look at the overall game design.

Admittedly, you might not require a ton of time, but generally people who don't, are part of long term hardcore raid forces that have been together for years, and you can't design raiding in a game's early life to be challenging for those folks.

Shiftyas
07.02.2012 , 06:17 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
But what you harp on, over and over and over, is that anyone who isn't doing HM EC can, right now, get gear that's roughly equivalent, though over a far longer timeframe. How the "bads" (not sure if you've used the term or not, but someone trying to lend support to you has, at least) shouldn't be getting the same gear. How THIS specifically has taken away the reason to do HM EC.

As if your only real goal is to get the gear. So what I'm suggesting to you is that maybe you're in it for the wrong reasons. Shouldn't you be fully geared up by now anyway, what with HM EC being out for as long as it is? So how does the fact that you can get full BH gear in a few months impact your reason to do HM EC after EC has been out long enough to be fully geared anyway. Ignore what BH comms you've gotten, or only use it to gear up companions. Or shelve that character and bring out another one. If you haven't figured out that the quantity and quality of content is only good for someone with a ton of time by doing it with multiple alts, then you should probably take a good hard look at the overall game design.

Admittedly, you might not require a ton of time, but generally people who don't, are part of long term hardcore raid forces that have been together for years, and you can't design raiding in a game's early life to be challenging for those folks.
Yeah, this post went on a lot about the whole gear thing, I was mainly just replying to people and that's what they were talking about....

But anyway, at this point it's just the same points being made, just worded differently. So no point continuing.

Hxxr
07.02.2012 , 06:46 AM | #127
A. It's the most challenging content available right not.

B. In order to fully customize the looks of your gear you need Campaign items. They only drop in HM EC.

C. Only way to get Q61 weapons - especially interesting for dual wielding classes as they need the offhand drop too because Bioware forgot to put OH weapons up for sale.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Alastasia
07.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #128
My guild has yet to clear HM EC. The new augments and black hole gear may help, but I tend to think skill and coordination are most important to raiding success. Execution trumps gear IMO. I could care less what someone is wearing when I see them. But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there. That is where the status is, not the gear. Those symbols of success are what I and my guildies are striving for. I see a Warhero geared dude on fleet and think, "Meh, so he trudged slowly up a mountain. Big whoop." But I see a black speeder and it's, "Wow! That dude bashed down a wall, kicked in a door and went howling through!" So hardcore raiders, be proud of your accomplishments and care not what gear others can get.

Aurojiin
07.06.2012 , 02:49 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Alastasia View Post
But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there.
Nightscythe... maybe.

Infernal/Unyielding? Lol no. Perhaps back when Soa's lightning balls actually hit worth a damn and there were so many bugs that getting a clean run was a miracle, but these days NiM EV and KP are a joke.

AshlaBoga
07.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Nightscythe... maybe.

Infernal/Unyielding? Lol no. Perhaps back when Soa's lightning balls actually hit worth a damn and there were so many bugs that getting a clean run was a miracle, but these days NiM EV and KP are a joke.
My nickname for the EV title was "Lord of Bugs."

I cleared him as soon as they fixed the bugs, and am impressed by anyone who kept at getting the Infernal title before they fixed "Soa, Lord of Invisible Lightning Balls."
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!