Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM EC now obsolete.


Anrew's Avatar


Anrew
06.30.2012 , 07:18 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
You can easily clear HM EC in rakata gear and as such I'm more than happy to recruit people in rakata for my elitist guild. In fact I'm happy to recruit people wearing greens, as long as they have skill, cause BioWare keep ruining the game and all the good players quit, so it's worth putting the effort in to gearing up that 1 in a thousand good player you come across.

Why do people get so upset about good players being proud of being good and wanting to be properly rewarded for it? Is it envy? Jealousy? Do you just want a pat on the back and told you're good too? Well you're not and you don't deserve to lied to like that.
^ is kinda rediculous. I myself am a fine pve player got some rough edges, but my guild is casual and I'm fine with that good people. Sure I join some pugs for EC since everyone seems short of healers, but I'm just fine being in a casual guild of casual raiding (for now anyway), but seriously thats just insulting.
Besides properly rewarding players yes should come from gear or other unique items, but also titles!

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
06.30.2012 , 02:09 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiftyas View Post
Yes they did a terrible job itemising the gear and you've had to buy BH gear to strip for mods from day 1 (personally I kinda liked this cause it gave me more to do, but that's just me).
But HM EC only became obsolete with 1.3 because you couldn't get BiS gear without running it prior to that. You had to run it for the armorings so you can chuck them in orange critted gear so you could get the set bonus and an augment. Now you can just chuck an augment kit on to T/C/R sets to get the set bonus and an augment.
I disagree with this in a general sense, though maybe it was true for specific classes (I have no problem believing this was true for tanks).

Basically if your set bonus isn't tied to the right kind of armoring (high main stat vs high end) then the gain you got from the augment was at best very minor compared to the one you got from sticking a better main stat armoring in Rakata.

But ok fair enough. Technically you could call that a BiS situation, but then the issue ISN'T that people can get BH comms and buy gear with the same level mods. It's that people can get augment kits and make their rakata gear augmented.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
06.30.2012 , 02:19 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I disagree with this in a general sense, though maybe it was true for specific classes (I have no problem believing this was true for tanks).

Basically if your set bonus isn't tied to the right kind of armoring (high main stat vs high end) then the gain you got from the augment was at best very minor compared to the one you got from sticking a better main stat armoring in Rakata.

But ok fair enough. Technically you could call that a BiS situation, but then the issue ISN'T that people can get BH comms and buy gear with the same level mods. It's that people can get augment kits and make their rakata gear augmented.
The issue is a combination of the fact that they can get 61 mods and augment rakata gear.

Either of these alone isn't a big deal. Being able to augment rakata gear but only having 58 mods in it would be fine or being able to put 61 mods in rakata gear but not being able to augment it too would be fine. Both these leave a situation where you can't get BiS gear without running the hardest content, which is how it should be. But when you combine being able to augment rakata gear with being able to get 61 mods for it, it leaves you with a situation where you can get BiS gear without setting foot in the hardest content. It's just stupid.

Corwind-strider's Avatar


Corwind-strider
07.01.2012 , 05:51 AM | #114
MMO'S Don't just cater to "hardcore" raiders without a "causal" player base most of these games would die in the as> and since where trowing labels around most of your problems come form your "elitism" attitude what do you really care you have your gear get over yourself

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
07.01.2012 , 07:47 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Corwind-strider View Post
MMO'S Don't just cater to "hardcore" raiders without a "causal" player base most of these games would die in the as> and since where trowing labels around most of your problems come form your "elitism" attitude what do you really care you have your gear get over yourself
You do realise it's extremely easy to cater to both yeah? In fact pre 1.3 swtor did cater to both.

I can't really understand your horrible grammar, but I'll assume you were attempting to insult me for being an elitist. The truth of the matter is, I'm not actually an elitist, I just think everyone should be rewarded on their merits. Giving everyone the same reward no matter their skill/time/effort level is ridicules and I'm pretty sure if you had ever been good at something and the lazy/bads around you had been rewarded the same for it you wouldn't be happy about it either.

But that isn't even my main problem, I wouldn't care less if bads around me were wearing the same gear as me, as long as I still had something to do in the game. I'm upset by this patch because it eliminated any need for me to play it. I have cleared everything and have all BiS gear. I was fairly close to this before the patch, but I still had a 2-8 weeks to go, depending on how good my rolls were.

Sure, as a person that actually put the effort in to becoming a good player, it annoys me that bads get equally rewarded to me, why wouldn't it? But, like I said, it's not the main reason I'm upset.

Corwind-strider's Avatar


Corwind-strider
07.01.2012 , 09:47 AM | #116
If people around me are bad its because i have fail to help them improve,if your out of stuff to do in game that not other fault that's your own as for time and effort well not every one has the time so should they miss out or be left behind as for effort your right its nice to see other put in the effort u do so surround yourself with those that do. your complaints are just the fact your bitter that not every one has to do what you did (and many others your not special there) to get your gear. facts are fact this is a game if your this upset about a game RL must be hard for you

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
07.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Corwind-strider View Post
If people around me are bad its because i have fail to help them improve,if your out of stuff to do in game that not other fault that's your own as for time and effort well not every one has the time so should they miss out or be left behind as for effort your right its nice to see other put in the effort u do so surround yourself with those that do. your complaints are just the fact your bitter that not every one has to do what you did (and many others your not special there) to get your gear. facts are fact this is a game if your this upset about a game RL must be hard for you
God this is incoherent, let me try to decode what you're saying.

"If people around me are bad its because i have fail to help them improve" I'm guess here you're trying to say I should waste my time carrying people and teaching them how to play?... I don't play games to hold noobs hands.

"if your out of stuff to do in game that not other fault that's your own" Ummm, are you trying to say me running out of content to run and gear to acquire is my fault?... I don't work for BioWare and they're the only ones in charge of content and gear, so it's 100% on them. If I had a say over what happens in the game, trust me, no one would be out of things to do.

"as for time and effort well not every one has the time so should they miss out or be left behind" No, but they shouldn't be equally rewarded either. In 1.2 they could get pretty damn near BiS gear, but they couldn't get actual BiS gear. That's the way it should be.

"as for effort your right its nice to see other put in the effort u do so surround yourself with those that do" I do... But there is no point in it any more.

" your complaints are just the fact your bitter that not every one has to do what you did (and many others your not special there) to get your gear." Wow it is actually a lot easier to ready your **** when I break it up. You know, like '.' and ',' would if you spent 5 minutes paying attention in class and learnt about them. Also learning the difference between 'your' and 'you're' would help you out a lot. Your (hahahaha I make me laugh) kind of right here, that is one of the things that is bugging me; but as I stated before, my main complaint is the fact that they removed any reason for me to play the game.

" facts are fact this is a game if your this upset about a game RL must be hard for you" Fact are facts? Really?!?!?!? This is a game, your facts are facts are spot on there. I don't know if RL is hard for me though, I haven't bothered with it in many years.

Corwind-strider's Avatar


Corwind-strider
07.01.2012 , 11:12 AM | #118
it was clearly coherent enough to decode what i said
if its so bad offer an alternative
I never said carry people i said help big difference but i doubt you would understand that since your where born pro
you are you're your i forgot every ones grammar Nazi with spell check

Quote:
In 1.2 they could get pretty damn near BiS gear, but they couldn't get actual BiS gear. That's the way it should be.
that's just you're opinion

Quote:
Fact are facts? Really?!?!?!? This is a game, your facts are facts are spot on there. I don't know if RL is hard for me though, I haven't bothered with it in many years
that explain a lot about you then i feel sorry for you

i hope this wall of txt is space far enough apart for you now

Leovinus's Avatar


Leovinus
07.01.2012 , 02:00 PM | #119
Yes, you have. Many of them. You just disagree. You do realize that it's highly likely that by the time anybody who doesn't fit your very narrow definition of deserving of this stuff can get it, NiM EC will be out, and it will no longer be BiS. Your personal benefit to doing HM EC is that you get two things. First, you get it way, WAY sooner, so you have that much more time to feel superior. Second, you have more choices by having access to that Campaign gear. Enjoy it instead of raging that somebody you don't feel lives up to your standard might eventually be able to get gear that is equivalent.

Shiftyas's Avatar


Shiftyas
07.01.2012 , 02:08 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
Yes, you have. Many of them. You just disagree. You do realize that it's highly likely that by the time anybody who doesn't fit your very narrow definition of deserving of this stuff can get it, NiM EC will be out, and it will no longer be BiS. Your personal benefit to doing HM EC is that you get two things. First, you get it way, WAY sooner, so you have that much more time to feel superior. Second, you have more choices by having access to that Campaign gear. Enjoy it instead of raging that somebody you don't feel lives up to your standard might eventually be able to get gear that is equivalent.
If NM EC is out in the next 6 weeks I will retract everything I have said on this post. But having cleared HM EC in rakata gear, I'm sure you'd be able to clear NM EC in BH gear which you could get without doing HM EC prior to 1.3.

HM EC was the first time they made PvE challenging in this game, but they still didn't make it anywhere near challenging enough. 4 bosses? And most of them learnable in less than a night? Ridicules.

I don't know if my definition of deserving is narrow, clearing the hardest content to get the best gear only seems logical. Do you disagree with this? If so, why?