Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

versatility of LFG tool is a huge disappointment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
versatility of LFG tool is a huge disappointment
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Veerlo
06.26.2012 , 01:01 PM | #21
So I couldn't test properly the lfg tool. This happens often and the substantial number of players that log on day 1 of an.update will likely break even more the.update that's why you see these kinda bugs slipped.into live. Just my point of.view!
CE owner,
New to SWTOR or wanna have 7 days of sub level account, goodies and free transfer ? Click here

Lostpenguins
06.26.2012 , 01:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
To be a known issue it has to b discovered by testers I logged in PTS every night to test and get the title to use the off tool. BUT apart from the first few days I never got a queue pop up on either my 2 lvl 50 or my lvl 38. There was max 30 peeps on the fleet wo I
Wow... you're still not getting me. I quote Bioware saying, "This was a known issue."

I responded by asking if this was a known issue before release of it.

My point being: if it was known before the feature was released, then my disappointment increases as they are just adding to the track record of releasing features in a rushed state. It's understandable that patches will release with some known bugs, but where they draw the line of acceptable/not acceptable is baffling sometimes. In my opinion, releasing the LFG tool where it's broken in the sense that you can't invite guildies is terrible.

So I don't care if you couldn't test it later on. I don't care if you never saw the bug. I don't care if it's because 50 people were on the PTS and they never got to test the feature. I care if they knew about it, but went, "Meh, release anyhow." IMO, that's bad. If they did that then obviously (as stated above) they differ very much so with my views on what are acceptable bugs. But, hey, it's okay to release Soa in fights where he can reset halfway through it and now takes 3 minutes to run back to him. That's awesome. /sarcasm

So yeah, that's the bottom line: if they keep releasing stuff half-broken because they want qty rather than quality, well, that's just terrible IMO and I'll probably quit this game with that continued practice.

Glzmo
06.27.2012 , 12:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alxandria View Post
The only problem is that the Known Issues thread itself isn't highly visible. I lurk the forums everyday and even now I think I know where to go looking for this, but I never see it referenced anywhere so I always forget about it.
A known issues "blog" that's directly accessible via the support menu as well as via the Game's Launcher itself may be a good idea.

RasmusP
06.27.2012 , 04:54 AM | #24
the lfg tool is nice and good but something i think missing is if you are on a planet and use it it teleports you to the flashpoint but when you take exit area or leave fp after finish you are back at the fleet... so for now it is good to usae it if you are on the fleet but are you out and exploring/questing then it sucks you have to fly all the way back to the planet ands start over.. why not inplent same thing you have on the pvp tool it teleport you back where you started... even if you get the daily quest you can go back later to put it in when going off