Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Legacy Perks Swindling


MrSchmo's Avatar


MrSchmo
06.26.2012 , 11:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by menelli View Post
GG Bioware.... GG.

First you're all like "Legacy Perks, OMG, you need them so bad and they're so cool" but then you fail to mention that they have completely nothing to do with the legacy system except requiring a certain level of it to unlock them.
Isn't the whole point of the Legacy system to actually SHARE it with all your characters ?
I am very dissappointed with this.
Did no one read the comming soon tab on the legacy menu? It's been there since 1.2 and they all stated that they were character only perks. People need to read and do a little research, in fact you didn't need to do research cause it was on the legacy menus the whole time. Why is this a surprise?
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Ashanor's Avatar


Ashanor
06.26.2012 , 11:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by carthaholic View Post
I'm at work so I can't test the game myself. Are you telling these perks needs to be bought? Like all the rest of the pretty useless Legacy junk? And they don't unlock for all characters? ***, really? How disapointing. This stuff is so underwhelming it's nearly microscopic at this point... Why not make it much like a talent tree? You gain spendable points as you level up your Legacy, so the more you play your characters the more you get perks and make your life much easier in the process. Would make more flippin' sense. Instead we get another money sink... 'Cause you know, I already can't afford any of this stuff, so adding more on top of it is just adding insult to injury. And it's pretty frustrating to see that anytime there's new 'content' it's stuff I won't be able to benefit from in a short amount of time but rather in months from here...
Agreed about making it like a talent tree and getting points from legacy levels. Turning it into a money sink is lame, but making them per character instead of account wide is just insulting.

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
06.26.2012 , 11:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowOfZara View Post
The new "legacy" perks are freaking ********! The whole point of the Legacy system was to make your characters feel like they are all related in some way, well these new perks blow that all the way to hell. Being for only the character they are bought for is a loud of crap, and people who assumed they were like all the other legacy things (like me), just got screwed out of a bunch of credits. The first thing I did when I logged into my level 50 Marauder was buy all the dungeon exp perks because I plan to live in dungeons on my alts, then I see that it is character only unlocks when I hit my guild's forums, well there goes 275k..
i did the sam on my jugg so i sent a ticket to bioware, they could have told us these things during the in depth on it but nooooooo

Subatia's Avatar


Subatia
06.26.2012 , 11:20 AM | #24
I hate BW for forcing us to do all this stuff!!!!

Oh wait, they're not. Optional stuff is optional.

Nobody is forcing you to get this. No body is forcing you to get the new companion.

If you want one of these options, this is how it is being done.

Suck it up or don't.
The CS in this game is amazing. It takes a certain amount of skill to turn a fan into an unsubscriber in 4 short hours.

Celebrus's Avatar


Celebrus
06.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I bet you never sensationalize things much.

Regardless. They are PERKS. Something EXTRA to be enjoyed. They are an option and not a necessity. So yes, if you want to experience all the bonuses, it will cost you.
It's abunch of quality of life benefits, emotes, and other worthless things that should really come right out of the game box, sorry, but it's a time sink.

This game is nothing but a credit treadmill, it's nothing more than a cycle of farming the same three daily hubs every time they rush out a fresh batch of credit sinks for us to spend our nights grinding away BH and belsavis and Ilum just to have the benefit of making the game a TINY bit less frustrating.

Sorry, you can claim they are additions, or they are perks, but in my book the reality is that this game has no meaningful content, and to keep people playing, they are simply pushing out more credit sinks to make you repeat the daily grind over and over and over again.

Spin it however you want, legacy is nothing but a hamster wheel designed to keep you grinding the same boring daily hubs, your ability to enjoy something so mind numbing and repetitive doesn't have anything to do with what it actually is.

Blackardin's Avatar


Blackardin
06.26.2012 , 11:25 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kurzis View Post
its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.
I hope someone takes the time to explain to these, er folks, the reason and how it is a money saver, gives one choice per character, etc. etc. etc.

I honestly don't have the patience to even attempt it and then get hit with their venomous replies. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

Blackardin's Avatar


Blackardin
06.26.2012 , 11:26 AM | #27
Quote:
Spin it however you want, legacy is nothing but a hamster wheel designed to keep you grinding the same boring daily hubs, your ability to enjoy something so mind numbing and repetitive doesn't have anything to do with what it actually is.
LOL. I can't stand it. Not a clue, just raging on and on and on. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

Celebrus's Avatar


Celebrus
06.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
I hope someone takes the time to explain to these, er folks, the reason and how it is a money saver, gives one choice per character, etc. etc. etc.

I honestly don't have the patience to even attempt it and then get hit with their venomous replies. ;p
Man.

You guys are really giving Bioware an easy out with this legacy thing.

Sorry, but you're setting the bar extremely low, I guess you have to with the inept team thats pushing this game though.

Celebrus's Avatar


Celebrus
06.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
LOL. I can't stand it. Not a clue, just raging on and on and on. ;p
I'm rather tranquil actually.

Considering your response amounts to "I don't like what you say that means you're wrong, RAWR." I'd have to say you're the one thats raging, my friend.

Nakazia's Avatar


Nakazia
06.26.2012 , 11:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
This game does not need any more money sinks. there are plenty already. Content that a majority cannot afford to use is content that was a waste to code.
Agreed, I also don't enjoy the idea of farming dailes in a lag infested are to obtain these "perks" either.

Nothing is ever free. I assumed that Legacy levels might mean something... but all it represents atm is unlocks that I'll never utilize because I can't afford them.

The sheer amount of cash sinks in this game are becomming atrocious.

The amount of effort to obtain these through credits simply doesn't equal the actual advantage given in most cases.

The thought of giving Legacy perks to individual characters is a hard one for me to swallow as well. Legacy advantages should be for everyone across it, individual perks shouldn't be part of the equation and just represent another bad cash sink.

If farming credits for Legacy perks at nausem is what's going to be required, they really should think again. It's not fun or practical for endgame in anyway and isn't worth the time invested for most players to achieve the rewards provided from them.