Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Perks Swindling

Sunni
06.26.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1
Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

With 1.3 BW decides that all Legacy Perks only unlocks for the character that purchases it. Whats the purpose of it all if you have a lot of alts? BW even admitted that its difficult to earn just a million credits. Yet they make a system that requires you to earn multiple millions of credits to fully enjoy the perks.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

TheBBP
06.26.2012 , 10:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

With 1.3 BW decides that all Legacy Perks only unlocks for the character that purchases it. Whats the purpose of it all if you have a lot of alts? BW even admitted that its difficult to earn just a million credits. Yet they make a system that requires you to earn multiple millions of credits to fully enjoy the perks.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...
I bet you never sensationalize things much.

Regardless. They are PERKS. Something EXTRA to be enjoyed. They are an option and not a necessity. So yes, if you want to experience all the bonuses, it will cost you.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

JustTed
06.26.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud.
I'm pretty sure Madoff's victims could read.

kurzis
06.26.2012 , 10:23 AM | #4
its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.

Azyrth
06.26.2012 , 10:28 AM | #5
only thing I bought was the ship mailbox and if its not legacy bound I will be getting the credits back.

SalBasss
06.26.2012 , 10:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Azyrth View Post
only thing I bought was the ship mailbox and if its not legacy bound I will be getting the credits back.
It is for legacy-wide, although it has been in the game for a while.

ivanhedgehog
06.26.2012 , 10:32 AM | #7
This game does not need any more money sinks. there are plenty already. Content that a majority cannot afford to use is content that was a waste to code.

netskink
06.26.2012 , 10:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kurzis View Post
its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.
LOL. Yes, you could use in game credits to get the legacy perk or real soon now, hyou can use $US to unlock them. Come on man don't you see where we are headed?
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

Snizitch
06.26.2012 , 10:40 AM | #9
Don't like them, don't buy them. Easy-peasy!

ibervang
06.26.2012 , 10:48 AM | #10
I agree, it is a complete joke the new stuff. If i want the stuff i would like to get to my alts, i would need to send them 1+M... for each for them. I got 5 chars in total, 1 is level 50, so only wanted the craft critical with him. 2 i could go without the xp boost. And then there is my char of the opposin faction, that i proberly cant sent to either, so he cant benifit from this.... This have barely anything to do with legacy, only to unlock it for each char. If this is how they will do things, i cant see this game last.... what a complete joke.