Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Old Augment Slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zhidius's Avatar


Zhidius
06.26.2012 , 02:41 PM | #71
I did one earlier and it works fine for me :S
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Participants in Game Testing are selected at random, assuming their system scan matches the requirements for testing. We're not excluding anyone - except those who may have been previously removed from testing or the Forums.
Zhidius

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
06.26.2012 , 02:49 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
Nice work! You went from wrong to couldnít be more wrong very nicely there. I know itís easy to kick BW and put down everything they do in SW:TOR (because most of it is horrible) but you also have to understand that sometimes you just donít get it. Like this case.

Low level augments are the only part of the system that works, because now as you try and purple out the items you want to use personally you are also getting augment kits for the REs. The mindset that everything is a grind is the problem; in this case augment materials add a consolation prize to not getting the RE you wanted to blue or purple, and creates another incentive to craft. You were already crafting 5 greens on average to get one blue and then 10 blues on average to get one purple; now when this process is done you ALSO have 15 augment parts and can augment the purple you end up crafting. Bonus!

Itís at 50 itís broken, because who gives a crap about purpling out the level 49 stuff? Recruit gear, which you GET FOR FREE NOW, is way better than 49 crafted purples in just PVE stats. So thatís the tier where you needlessly grind 10 belts to make a kit without any other motivation.
I get what you're trying to say, but I disagree and I agree with the person you quoted. Unless you are trying to make small profits in high volume on the lowbie GTN, it's a waste of time, in my opinion, to RE low level items and shoot for a new schematic, especially purple.

It's much better to craft greens, RE them for materials, and craft some more greens to level your craft skill. It's a waste of time to gather the blue materials for the blue schematics. Much better to do the companion missions to level companion affection for better endgame results. Now, if you do this as recommended by me, you will get mats for Augment kits, which you can apply (for a fee!) or sell, which is nice, but hardly a big deal.

Would have been far more preferable to have 1 tier that you can use at 50.

The idea that at 50 you can crit craft a level 30 orange because you like the appearance, and still have to slap a higher level augment kit in it to use the top end augments, is pure crap, by the way.

DiabloDoom's Avatar


DiabloDoom
06.26.2012 , 03:37 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhidius View Post
I did one earlier and it works fine for me :S
I'm sure.

jedimessiah's Avatar


jedimessiah
06.26.2012 , 03:49 PM | #74
I had the same issue. I wanted to swap out an augment, so I pulled the one out of my crafted Rakata belt w/ an augment slot. When I went to put the new one in the belt it gave me the same error.

Maestrodomus's Avatar


Maestrodomus
06.26.2012 , 04:05 PM | #75
This doesn't work as it's intended and now I have to waste a ton of time because this bug went live. I was just trying to re-itemize old level 49 purp augs in Rakata and other lvl 50 gear but no combination of either is working.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

Mirthadrond's Avatar


Mirthadrond
06.26.2012 , 04:05 PM | #76
This had better be a BUG and not 'working as intended'. Either way: FAIL

I have crit crafted lvl 49 augmented gear that I can't fit LVL 35 augments in?? Getting the message I need a higher level augment slot? On level 49 gear?? Really??

EDIT: While I'm at it... 'existing' augment slots DO NOT INDICATE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE.

ElitehunterDS's Avatar


ElitehunterDS
06.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #77
Worst part is you cant add an augment to a matrix cube, at least the rest can be fixed easily by a player..
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Maestrodomus's Avatar


Maestrodomus
06.26.2012 , 04:20 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Worst part is you cant add an augment to a matrix cube, at least the rest can be fixed easily by a player..
Yes you can.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

kurizma's Avatar


kurizma
06.26.2012 , 04:44 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirthadrond View Post
This had better be a BUG and not 'working as intended'. Either way: FAIL

I have crit crafted lvl 49 augmented gear that I can't fit LVL 35 augments in?? Getting the message I need a higher level augment slot? On level 49 gear?? Really??

EDIT: While I'm at it... 'existing' augment slots DO NOT INDICATE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE.
They confirmed this is a problem and looking into a couple pages ago. and since they don't have an augment level even level 1 augments don't work.... SO MUCH FAILS. hopefully a hotfix can be applied? or are we having maintenance again tonight?

Deyjarl's Avatar


Deyjarl
06.26.2012 , 04:51 PM | #80
It does kind of go off rails from the design system for mod Armor.

I can put any tier mod in any mod slot. There are no levels for them.

But for augments, you have to have the proper tier of augment slot. Even those augments have less over all effect on stats that mods.
What is your Duty? To serve Emperor's Will.
What is Emperor's Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? ...