Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old Augment Slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Planar
06.29.2012 , 09:06 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Why would you extract an undesirable, green quality placeholder augment? If you didn't need that augment, all you needed to do is swap in the new one....or, in this case, try to swap in the new one. Most people don't waste credits paying to extract mods they don't want when they are upgrading gear.
Ever heard of companions

JimG
06.29.2012 , 09:47 AM | #192
From the new patch notes: "Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot."

On the PTS, when characters were transferred, people lost their augment slots from existing gear. They were well aware that pre-1.3 gear with augments and augment slots had some issues when the 1.3 patch was applied. They should have done a much better job of testing this kind of stuff before releasing 1.3. All they had to do was create some dummy characters and transfer them to the PTS to make sure the latest fix was working correctly. If they did, then they obviously would have found these errors that people experienced. There's really no good reason that this stuff wasn't working correctly when 1.3 was released, caused all these issues and then had to be dealt with through a patch to try to fix the mess.

Agarwaenn
06.29.2012 , 11:26 AM | #193
I heard reports that items in guild banks or that were on the GTN when the patch went live last night, did not get fixed. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Been actively reporting SWTOR bugs since July 2011. It's almost a full time job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keller's Void - Rachgier, Galadrial, Galadeon (Empire)

Rehme
06.29.2012 , 12:50 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!
It looks like contacting customer service is an epic waste of time judging by the feedback folks are receiving. I also submitted a CS ticket with similar issues & its looking like now I wasted a boatload of credits on correcting Bioware's mistake. Awesome

danpen
07.01.2012 , 02:35 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehme View Post
It looks like contacting customer service is an epic waste of time judging by the feedback folks are receiving. I also submitted a CS ticket with similar issues & its looking like now I wasted a boatload of credits on correcting Bioware's mistake. Awesome
That's your fult
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Rotamortis
07.03.2012 , 09:35 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotamortis View Post
Requiring an ENTIRE KIT is the same as adding an augment slot to a blank piece of gear.

This means all the effort put into getting an augment slot was for naut. There should be SOME benefit to grinding all that crafting to get an aug slot. Make the "upgrade" require just a component, and an "new installation" require the entire kit. That is reasonable. If it requires an ENTIRE KIT, then there should be no cost to applying the kit.
Why does every concern about the aug kit issue merit a dev response except mine?
It's a valid question. Surely it is not "working as intended" to completely void all the effort people put into augmenting non-50 gear. An upgrade should not require the EXACT SAME mats and cost as completely new aug slot installation.

Will the bug be fixed?
Is it not a bug, and the goal is for devs to openly mock players for the efforts made on low-mid level aug gear?
Some of us greatly enjoy the crafting part of the game... are we simply here for the devs amusement
█╬╬╬╬╬╬•█║‾|███████████████████████████████)

JJDrakken
07.03.2012 , 10:10 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloDoom View Post
Seriously BW, if you're going to do something, do it right.
Oxymoron statement, look who your talking about.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

kurizma
07.03.2012 , 10:29 AM | #198
Items that were in the GTN were NOT FIXED. Crit crafted items that were in my inventory received the correct augment slot with last week's patch but the item i had for sale on the GTN still has an unusable augment slot. I contacted customer service and explained in detail on what was happening but i don't think they understand English very well as they asked me to reply to the closed ticket to provide more information.

What's so hard bout finding all pieces with augment slots with no MK value and updating them with the correct level MK augment slot? Why is there such a disconnect with Customer service and the Devs? Shouldn't the Dev Tracker be mandatory reading for CS reps?

Rehme
07.03.2012 , 11:11 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
That's your fult
nope because the only guarantee that something will get fixed is that there are no guarantees. My ticket hasnt even been acknowledged yet.

DiabloDoom
07.03.2012 , 11:44 AM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by JJDrakken View Post
Oxymoron statement, look who your talking about.

JJ
It's never too late to learn.