Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old Augment Slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dodik
06.27.2012 , 03:32 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by JMKnave View Post
All augment slots on pre 1.3 gear were converted to MK-1 only regardless of augment/item level.
Once again, they were not converted to MK-1 otherwise you could slot a tier 1 augment in them. They were in fact not converted to any tier at all.
Junglist Marvin Koo Schweik
Jung Ma

Planar
06.27.2012 , 03:36 PM | #152
So they are doing an unscheduled maintenance Thursday night, but still one must wonder are we going to get:

1. the shaft and all pre 1.3 augment slot items get MK-1 slots
  2. as they originally intended and set the augment slot to the level of the item OR the level of the existing augment (whichever is higher)
  3. what makes more sense and convert all pre 1.3 augment slots to MK-6

I would I could put a vote up so they could see which we all would prefer, in my opinion #3 is the only good choice, for one it will appease many of us that already lost money because we dont have to spend it upgrading other slots.

Dev post on maint: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...19#edit4747819

Werwers
06.27.2012 , 03:38 PM | #153
Bioware: Could you please answer either this post or my ticket?

I was saving a full set of augmented War Hero gear for patch 1.3 since mod extraction prices were being lowered, then i find out the augmented geari spent a ton of credits crafting and critting on are worthless after patch 1.3.

Ipalon
06.27.2012 , 03:40 PM | #154
Apart from many people have already said that augments they already had in gear would no longer be accepted back after they tried to change them.

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that when a kinda similar bug happened when people could no longer equip their matrix cubes, (after the 1.2 patch) within 2-4 hours there was a message on the sign in page saying "sorry there is a problem, please don't equip your matrix cube until we fix this" and then they did a patch and fixed it.

I think that is all the people on these forums who are complaining about this problem want.

A simple message saying " We are sorry, something went wrong, and we will fix it"

Werwers
06.27.2012 , 03:49 PM | #155
Yeah, it would be amazing if we could get a confirmation that they will fix it.

JimG
06.27.2012 , 04:09 PM | #156
I'm assuming tonight's patch will address these augment slot issues. Given what happened on the PTS when all of the existing augment slots disappeared from gear when they copied characters to the PTS, they should have done better testing on the augment slots before releasing this live. You just knew it wouldn't run smooth on live as there had been no further testing/updating of it on the PTS.

Planar
06.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I'm assuming tonight's patch will address these augment slot issues..
We all assume this, but would be great for a dev to say YEP thats one of the things, I mean the Group Que throwing someone who qued as a tank into the DPS slot needs fixing to. I realize they cant tell us things that people might use to exploit until the patch, but saying her pre 1.3 augments will get fixed and in what way and if group ques are being addressed couldnt possibly cause issues until the patch unless they arent sure they can fix em.

Werwers
06.27.2012 , 04:29 PM | #158
Hopefully it gets fixed, but if it doesn't and they keep ignoring tickets and posts, I will be pissed. I've never complained in a single forum post before, but this is seriously annoying.

DarthJopeous
06.27.2012 , 10:15 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by DiabloDoom View Post
As if crafting wasn't useless enough. In my experience with MMO's, crafting is always a must, the better the crafting system, the more the economy is player driven, the more social it can become developing communities, and the more the content can become player created giving an overall experience of gaming, amazing. This is by far the worst crafting system I have ever laid eyes on.
Exactly except crafting doesn't mean anything in SWTOR. So your veteran Synthweaver or armortech, lets just take it out of your hands. Now you need to require every crew skills to make augments work on your already augmented gear.

The most you should expect is to get a non friendly droid to respond to your bug reports and tell you that the augment slots becoming useless on crafted gear was intened and you need to pay to make it work. The best way not to be disappointed is not to expect anything good.

madcappah
06.28.2012 , 05:39 AM | #160
I don't see any mention of fixing it in the latest patch notes. I logged in this morning and still couldn't use the augment slots I've been using for months.

I think my subscription ends today or tomorrow.