Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purple Color Crystals

MalachiDraven
12.18.2011 , 06:05 PM | #1
Where the heck are they?!? This is really lame. Being a Dark Side character, I only have access to Red, Orange, Yellow, and Purple color crystals. Purple is the only non-ugly one of those colors (in my opinion), and it's nowhere to be found in-game! Freakin' Light Side pansies get TWO special colors, but I don't mind - cuz I wanted Purple all along, but it's not here!

I can't even freakin' craft it! And what the heck is up with Yellow color crystals being a RARE crafting recipe?!? Light Side users get to craft their two colors with regular stuff, so if I want to craft my own color crystal, I have to use Red - or I can go find a damn rare crafting component? How come Light Side doesn't have to do that?

And yes, before some idiot asks - I AM mad, bro.
Guild Leader of
<Dawn of Insanity>
Server: The Fatman US-East Coast PvP
Visit us at doi.enjin.com !

bloodspray
12.18.2011 , 06:07 PM | #2
i'v got like 3-4 epic red/blue /green n yellow recipes for color crystals by reverse engineer

im looking for purple too as well

pulsenz
12.18.2011 , 06:07 PM | #3
Couldn't care less about crystal colours, if that helps.

AntoniusDelitan
12.18.2011 , 06:07 PM | #4
Are you Samuel L. Jackson?
Then you don't get purple!

U NO CAN HAS!!

In all seriousness, I hear that some buyable weapons have purple color crystals.
Or, wait for artifice crafters to find some.

Tiresias
12.18.2011 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by pulsenz View Post
Couldn't care less about crystal colours, if that helps.
Actually it doesn't. Move along now.

Ellianshia
12.18.2011 , 06:09 PM | #6
I certainly wouldn't mind pink myself... that would be a peculiar color crystal and would so fit my kidskin gloves Sith Assassin.

Saelyth
12.18.2011 , 06:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post

In all seriousness, I hear that some buyable weapons have purple color crystals.
Or, wait for artifice crafters to find some.
One of the weapons had it in the beta, but that was when it was mod-able, which i dont think it is anymore.

2nd, Its kinda misleading because of a few things.

1. A few 'sith' NPC's are using purple sabers.
2. SWTOR promo videos show sith (inquisitor namely) using a purple crystal in their saber.

However awhile ago i heard that BW planned to make the purple color crystals one of the rare colors. So i doubt they will be craft-able. They are likely only epic drops.

GKGK
12.19.2011 , 08:58 AM | #8
There's a magenta recipe that was put into the game in a beta patch - no one's confirmed a drop anywhere.

As far as the purple crystals themselves, they're in the game - just rare as all hell since the game went live.

Naej
12.19.2011 , 09:22 AM | #9
I think they figured quite early that EVERYONE would want a purple lightsaber. It's just too epic.
Naej - 50 Jedi Guardian / Eljian - 50 Gunslinger [AWAKEN - PotF]
Furlone - 38 Vanguard / Jaen - 45 Jedi Shadow / Florune - 11 Mercenary / Jyang - 11 Operative

Ranebow
12.20.2011 , 07:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Naej View Post
I think they figured quite early that EVERYONE would want a purple lightsaber. It's just too epic.
They may have assumed that, but it's more likely just that, an assumption and not reality.
Looks like they have lent too much weight to this purple thing just to hype it up.

Ultimately, the crystal color system is goofed up badly lore wise.
It's better now that you are restricted by your alignment points, however that's also a double edged sword because it encourages people to focus on one alignment only and also to have the freedom to cross alignment without any or little penality/limitations.

Sith should only be allowed Red(common), Orange(uncommon), Yellow(semi-rare), Purple(rare), Black(very rare)

Jedi should only be allowed Blue(common), Green(uncommon), Yellow(semi-rare), Purple(rare), White(very rare)

I'm not in favor of black or white, just threw those in because people will complain that there isn't an uber epic color to try and obtain.

I would find it appropriate for Yellow and Purple to become available around levels 30-40.
So far, no quests, no recipes and no drops have rewarded purple.

Might I add that yellow, orange and green are even less popular because they look awful in the game. Where as the blue and red are rich, vibrant and canon/true to the lore/films, the yellow, green and orange look like wattered down kool-aid, or the cheap brand of freezer ice pops in the summer time. Green is the worst. Instead of being neon and more green, it looks like a big stick of Mountain Dew.

Bioware isn't doing anyone any favors by hyping up what is effectively fluff. What's going to happen is that a few people eventually get them, and they're super hard to obtain. Bioware will cave into demand and make them tradeable, so there's some commerce for them. Then they'll cave into further demand and make them more common - effectively rendering all the hard work of the original obtainers as wasted.

Star Wars MMOs have a history of disrespecting it's customer base NGE anyone?
Let's hope Bioware doesn't start to repeat that trend.