Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adaptive Gear

berlinscrub
06.26.2012 , 09:24 AM | #1
so supposedly...The social gear has turned into adaptive gear(to match the stats of of your combat gear you have on) Maybe im not seeing it...But im not really seeing a stat change...Am I doing something wrong
Imperial till I die

<Hellz Battalion>
Sasir - Lvl 50 Sith Sorc of Canderus Ordo

Lazzer
06.26.2012 , 09:27 AM | #2
The stats scale, they don't change to different stats or match your other gear. Adaptive gear scales as light, medium or heavy depending on your class.

eirenmichael
06.26.2012 , 09:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by berlinscrub View Post
so supposedly...The social gear has turned into adaptive gear(to match the stats of of your combat gear you have on) Maybe im not seeing it...But im not really seeing a stat change...Am I doing something wrong
You need to pull all the mods/armouring/enhancements out of your rakata/columi etc gear and put them in the social/adaptive gear.

berlinscrub
06.26.2012 , 09:35 AM | #4
Ah ok I got it...The wording in the notes make it sound like the adaptive gear takes on the same stats as the the combat gear you have on
Quote:
Adaptive Gear is another feature the community’s been clamoring for, and you can now wear your favorite social gear into combat and still enjoy the bonuses you receive from your best combat gear. We’ll almost certainly be seeing more eccentric-looking groups tackling high-level Operations, but that’s part of the fun.
*shruggs*
Imperial till I die

<Hellz Battalion>

Jurav
06.26.2012 , 09:36 AM | #5
But the Armor Set bonuses still do not apply, so you still cannot wear any armor you want in raids. You lose to much from the set bonuses.

berlinscrub
06.26.2012 , 09:38 AM | #6
I gotcha
Imperial till I die

<Hellz Battalion>

MillionsKNives
06.26.2012 , 09:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurav View Post
But the Armor Set bonuses still do not apply, so you still cannot wear any armor you want in raids. You lose to much from the set bonuses.
You can still swap out one piece without losing set bonus. Plus campaign has set bonus attached to armoring. Unfortunately it doesn't look like tionese - rakata are changing any time soon.

KrittaB
06.26.2012 , 09:44 AM | #8
The only gear where set bonuses don't transfer is T1, T2 gear bonuses do transfer.

Grayswan
06.26.2012 , 10:07 AM | #9
I was excited about this, I love cosmetic gear. I had my containment gear ready to go.
Then I saw that it would cost me 15,000 credits to remove EACH modification on EACH piece of armor.
That's 45,000 times 5 pieces of armor...
225,000 credits to change my current armor over to my cosmetic armor... to make it worth using.
Then... when I get tired of looking at that set, I get to do it again?
OH, or make (or buy) another set of mods for it.... yes this sucks.
WHY should it cost so much to remove something from a piece of gear?!

Not excited any more, not happy. Disappointed.

Dauh
06.26.2012 , 10:09 AM | #10
So this adaptive gear they added in, its pointless? I swear Bioware make such stupid decisions on purpose.