Nerf Bounty Hunters

Vetorept

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quit with the nerf this class or nerf that class. it ruins every single MMO I have been in. it isnt the class that is overpowered, some people are just better than others doesn't matter what class they are playing. geez.

Don't worry, OP doesn't know what he's talking about.

Anyone who calls for a nerf to an entire archetype is dumb.

Edited by dougan

I am a bounty hunter, I will agree I can put out insane damage and I usually come out in the top 3 every time I pvp (Kill wise)

What you need to do to bring me down is to crowd control me. A really good Smuggler can kick my butt if he crowd controls me right, same with Jedi Consular. A jedi knight can kick my butt if he knows how to use his character, sometimes. Trooper is 50/50 if they know how to use their character.

There are some games where I just get stomped by players. I dont think this has anything to do with the game just the ability of the players using their characters.

Still early to tell, but I think its mostly balanced.

Sith marauders always lowest score in PvP because of the lack of crowd control, unless you're hiding in a group you can't really spam like other classes which is irritating.

Stunned stunned pushed away stunned slowed stunned dead pretty much what happens vs range and mage classes.

Edited by manlytears

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

Lol, yeah cause the SI knockback into fire/poison isn't overpowered...

Nah, they should nerf all other classes first. Because every class in the game is overpowered.

If you sit there and let a Merc BH chain cast Tracer Missiles and Rail Shot/Heatseeker combos, then you deserved to die. Sit on the BH and watch his DPS plummet. Remember to save your gap closers and break-free for Electrocute (1 minute CD) and Jet Boost (20 second CD).

As their class name implies, they are too dangerous to keep alive. We're raw offensive power, but not much defensive unless you hybrid into Bodyguard.

When I played beta, I played a BH. I was top 3 in almost every warzone for damage out... had a great KDR all the time and wiped the floor with the enemy team.

Now that I'm playing live, I play a Sorcerer. I'm top 3 in almost every warzone for damage out. I always have great KDR and I wipe the floor with the enemy team.

Do you realize what the constant in this equation is? I'll give you a hint. It's not the class. Good players will be good... bad players will be bad. As to the specific concern of Bounty Hunters... they're pretty much an easy mode class, but they're not OP. This game is incredibly well balanced for PvP. I think the reason you're seeing BH on top most often is because it does seem a bit easier, or more simple at least, to do consistently decent damage. But that doesn't mean it's overpowered. If anything, it's a detriment to the BH. It's almost too straightforward.

As a Sorcerer, I feel that I'm exponentially more powerful in PvP than when I played a BH. I have versatility and generally more tricks up my sleeve now. And when I encounter Bounty Hunters on the battlefield, I find them very easy to dispatch currently. When I see one using Death From Above into a cluster of my team mates, I instantly hit him with Jolt (interrupt on a 12 sec CD) and now he's wasted his cooldown. If a BH pulls me with his grappling hook and I feel that I'm at a distinct disadvantage at close range (which usually isn't the case), then I hit him with Electrocute or Overload (the knockback), pop my Force Speed and Static Barrier, and ****.

Every class has the right tools to deal with every other class, so long as you know what the right tool for the job even is. If you're engaging every enemy the exact same way, you'll most likely fail. BH has some tricks up his sleeve... but no matter what class you're playing, so do you. Use them appropriately, and you won't really ever be able to see anyone as overpowered.

Seriously though, this game is the most well balanced PvP game on launch that there has ever been. Don't ruin it by complaining and crying for nerfs because you aren't willing to learn your class.

When I played beta, I played a BH. I was top 3 in almost every warzone for damage out... had a great KDR all the time and wiped the floor with the enemy team.

Now that I'm playing live, I play a Sorcerer. I'm top 3 in almost every warzone for damage out. I always have great KDR and I wipe the floor with the enemy team.

Do you realize what the constant in this equation is? I'll give you a hint. It's not the class. Good players will be good... bad players will be bad.

This.

You should re-roll quick then the dev wont have to nerf it.

Game isn't even out yet and people calling for nerfs lol.

Deal with it learn a way to beat them just do not start the moaning threads cause you are rubbish at pvp.

This ^

Also, I doubt the OP is level 50 yet, complaining about pvp before you have all your abilities is like complaining your food tastes horrible before its cooked.