Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.3: Allies
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
06.26.2012 , 09:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
Yes, with a major issue being antivirus believing swtor.exe is a virus. So far I've seen it happen to a number of antiviruses. Just make sure to add it as an exception so you can actually play the game post-patch.
Indeed; transfers really messed something up.

Ramahospitality
06.26.2012 , 09:59 AM | #12
When 1.2 came out there was a HUGE wave of input from the smuggler community over two changes you made.

Removing Corso's harpoon
and
Removing the giggle.

I've actually gone out of my way to keep these issues fresh just on the off-chance that you would fix these wrongs, but I guess I was right not to expect anything. I understand that 1.3 was more about class balancing, legacy updates, etc... and that 1.4 will go back to Major Content. However, when every smuggler on the forums complains about a change, shouldn't you probably listen to them?

Here are the biggest threads I remember about the issues listed above.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414473
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=411041
These are from right after 1.2 came out.

Another issue I want to discuss is the Project animation. Everyone on the Consular Forums is raging against the new animation. Several alternative ways of fixing the issue have been named. The best I've seen is to make Disturbance instant, and thereby the mirrored ability to Chock, and keep Project the way it was, but give it a cast bar, not calling it instant anymore.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=489080
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...473447&page=10
EDIT: the two above urls have been updated to show new opinions from the community.

Come on BW, help us out here and actually listen to the community.

EDIT 2: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...364621&page=19
here's another 19 page thread of people wanting the giggle back.

BW, are you listening?

Deewe
06.26.2012 , 10:05 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by James Ohlen
Our third major Game Update 1.3:
  1. Legacy Character Perks
  2. Ranked Warzones
  3. Group Finder
  4. Adaptive Gear

And you call this major? Where is the content?

BTW:

The legacy perks are mostly a few database fields updates. And still a credit sink. Hopefully you did not spend more than 2 weeks designing and coding it.

The ranked WZ a glorified group finder tool that allows us to group as whole team and re-queue as such. Wow impressed.

The group finder doesn't even take into account our talent trees specs and doesn't even teleport us back. It's not even as good as what Wow did 3 years ago.

The adptative gear isn't that bad but a click fest to craft the augments (reminds be SWG) a big money sink and still not as good as the simple appearance tab as not only sets bonuses are lost and well the UI is clunky.

(edit) Next time put the patch much earlier on the PTS so you have the time to tweak the game regarding the player feedback.

P.S.: still waiting for the 1.2 bugs and player raised concerns to be addressed.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Razimir
06.26.2012 , 10:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
[LIST=1]

If somethink is major it doest mean it has new content....

Tygranir
06.26.2012 , 10:12 AM | #15
  1. Legacy Character Perks
  2. Ranked Warzones
  3. Group Finder
  4. Adaptive Gear

BTW:

The legacy perks are mostly a few database fields updates. And still a credit sink. Hopefully you did not spend more than 2 weeks designing and coding it.

The ranked WZ a glorified group finder tool that allows us to group at a whole team and re-queue as such. Wow impressed.

The group finder doesn't even take into account our talent trees specs and doesn't even teleport us back. It's not even as good as what Wow did 3 years ago.

The adptative gear isn't that bad but a click fest to craft the augments (reminds be SWG) a big money sink and still not as good as the simple appearance tab as not only sets bonuses are lost and well the UI is clunky.

(edit) Next time put the patch much earlier on the PTS so you have the time to tweak the game regarding the player feedback.

P.S.: still waiting for the 1.2 bugs and player raised concerns to be addressed.
Wait.... This isn't WoW??? OMG

/sarcasm
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

Deewe
06.26.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Razimir View Post
If somethink is major it doest mean it has new content....
Right still this is an MMO so major is more tied to content than bug fixes and a few features that should have been at launch.

(edit) And it would have been nice would they have done well these features:
  1. Legacy Character Perks: drop the money sink or spread them legacy wide and pick some nice features from my sig
  2. Ranked Warzones: at least separate premades from others, add ranked WZ for non 50's
  3. Group Finder: timer, check specs roles, port back to original spot, improve the UI
  4. Adaptive Gear: transfer the set bonuses, and well reduce the click fest to craft and the inventory madness.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Commomp
06.26.2012 , 10:23 AM | #17
My jaw dropped down to my feet when I opened up my game. I am absolutely happy with the advanced graphics and how it much more detailed everything is and what it looks like in the world around us. Thank you Bio-Ware and thank you for keeping up all these wonderful updates, and I hope that the economy keeps all of you in a job.
CE For SWTOR and lovin it!
There is nothing in life that can't be explained after having smoked a little bantha poodu.

psi_overtake
06.26.2012 , 10:26 AM | #18
Where is the content?
Coming in 1.4, which as you can see, 1.3 is not.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Brickabrack
06.26.2012 , 11:23 AM | #19
Good job BioWare. I hope you guys are celebrating tonight. Why? Because it's back to work for you tomorrow! *cracks the whip*
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

Drysyn
06.26.2012 , 11:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
James Ohlen welcomes the community to Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Read More
yeah really great download the patch and wait only 1hour 15 minutes in a que because you brainboxes at bioware opened server transfers but didn't bother to think about about server load why am i still paying for this absolutely poor service?