Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

kpablo
07.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #31
I am ok with how it is atm... but i would like 2 things get implemented to avoid trolls...

Basically currently the issue is the debuff and the consumable that you have to buy to avoid it... and how a troll can wipe a raid just doing 1 taunt to one of the 2 NPC's... and he even does not need it...
So what about IF... you make that debuff & damage general to the zone? Like 100 yards (or less) of the zone... so everyone must have the consumable to be able to approach to the bosses or it's an instant death?
In this way i think it could prevent being griefed... and having a real world pvp matches between guilds fighting for downing the boss...

Just my 2 cents.

Toogeloo
07.09.2012 , 07:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kpablo View Post
I am ok with how it is atm... but i would like 2 things get implemented to avoid trolls...

Basically currently the issue is the debuff and the consumable that you have to buy to avoid it... and how a troll can wipe a raid just doing 1 taunt to one of the 2 NPC's... and he even does not need it...
So what about IF... you make that debuff & damage general to the zone? Like 100 yards (or less) of the zone... so everyone must have the consumable to be able to approach to the bosses or it's an instant death?
In this way i think it could prevent being griefed... and having a real world pvp matches between guilds fighting for downing the boss...

Just my 2 cents.
Except the World Boss is in a questing area... so this would inconvenience every level 45 doing their quests in that area.

JJDrakken
07.09.2012 , 10:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Beakertanks View Post
It is far too easy for a hadful of opposing faction players to wipe a Nightmare Pilgrim group.
HA Opposing Faction, you got your own faction screwing you over. It's just mental & should be instance.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

JJDrakken
07.09.2012 , 10:45 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
That's the point of having an open world boss. Deal with it.
The people who continue to say this are the people who are probably screwing people over at N.P. & giggling about it.

JJ
GUILD: LEGACY Server: The Harbinger
A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he ain't afraid of anything.
This Jawa is hiding something!

TresNight
07.10.2012 , 08:52 AM | #35
sphyg
"We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss."

Really Sphyg...... I'll explain again what tactics your guild used to get me guild to wipe multiple times on NP. Before the raid we specifically made sure that everyone's pvp flags were turned off cause mine is always turned on. Sat there for 5 minutes and got it off. We were doing NP when your guild showed up to do it but couldn't. So your guild members decide to use this trick to get our pvp flags turned on. If say Sphyg ran out into lets say my AoE my flag gets turned on for some odd reason Bioware made it this way. Then because the healer throws out a heal to me the healer gets it and eventually the whole raid. I would be fine if you guys did it a couple of times whatever. But the constant 1-2 hour of pulling NP and causing a wipe was BS. Also waiting til we got the guy down to 19% was bs too. To be fair Sphyg didn't do any of the pulling or taunting of the boss but his guild members and an officer did. But since this is considered fair play in Swtor you better believe you'll see my guild around when yours is trying to do NP.

KiranK
07.10.2012 , 10:51 AM | #36
"Just deal with it" is a piss poor argument. Nightmare pilgrim trolling just devolves into a "no one wins" scenario. We show up and pull, Sithies attack the boss, paranoia counter goes over 16 and everyone dies. Imps pull the boss, I add on, paranoia over 16, everyone dies. Now, NO ONE, can run the boss. BUT WAIT, WE CAN JUST DEAL WITH IT. That's the same as offering no solution. It's just an endless cycle of hate, screwing one another over. How is that fun? You can't just let the other faction have it once the trolling has started, because then they'll simply do it every time to guarantee only their faction(or guild) can farm the boss. You're virtually forced into participation of pure stupidity. Is this how world bosses were meant to be done? If so, then the intention to begin with severely flawed. Eliminate world bosses ENTIRELY and switch to world dungeons, where content is protected and instanced. "It's meant to be this way" is just as stupid of an answer as "Just deal with it".
There's no QQing in baseball.

sphyg
07.10.2012 , 11:00 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TresNight View Post
sphyg
"We did this last night. An opposing faction was attacking NP. The dudes were flagged for PVp. So my buddy sent in there and aoe taunted to take less damage. This pulled the boss and killed him instantly, but then they all got mad and said they were reporting bla bla bla.

My thought was, don't be flagged for PVp when fighting an open world boss."

Really Sphyg...... I'll explain again what tactics your guild used to get me guild to wipe multiple times on NP. Before the raid we specifically made sure that everyone's pvp flags were turned off cause mine is always turned on. Sat there for 5 minutes and got it off. We were doing NP when your guild showed up to do it but couldn't. So your guild members decide to use this trick to get our pvp flags turned on. If say Sphyg ran out into lets say my AoE my flag gets turned on for some odd reason Bioware made it this way. Then because the healer throws out a heal to me the healer gets it and eventually the whole raid. I would be fine if you guys did it a couple of times whatever. But the constant 1-2 hour of pulling NP and causing a wipe was BS. Also waiting til we got the guy down to 19% was bs too. To be fair Sphyg didn't do any of the pulling or taunting of the boss but his guild members and an officer did. But since this is considered fair play in Swtor you better believe you'll see my guild around when yours is trying to do NP.
I have tried to duplicate what you said happened a few times with a sith buddy. It didn't happen bro.

sphyg
07.10.2012 , 11:35 AM | #38
Oh and it doesn't have to be 30 daily coms to get the buff. Crafters can craft them.

DiLune
07.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #39
BW should have learned their lesson from WoW. The open world bosses where people could zerg in and screw up your try were awful. I can understand them hoping to penalize 32 man ops buzzsawing it, but that same mechanic leads to griefing when the boss is open world.

Zerocrypt
07.10.2012 , 12:43 PM | #40
From SWTOR:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your report that you were harassed by Republic players from the "Chatos Paladins" Guild where you were flagged for PvP and were interrupted with your Nightmare Pilgrim PvE event. I understand your disappointment regarding this issue on a PvE server and your advised that PvP flag were not your doing. We will investigate this issue, and take any appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures regarding the reported players Omniscient, sphyg and dreskord.

Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, and so we will not be in any further contact with you regarding this report. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered issues during Player versus Environment (PvE) gameplay. "

Among other things I submitted to SWTOR about Sphyg and the his group. Also submitted the screen shots via email with 0 flagged persons as well as his crew coming in flagged.

TOS.EA.COM/legalapp/webterms/us/en/pc

Section 11 Rules of Conduct.

- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other
area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited
to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within
an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to,
commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking,
phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of
counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

- Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.

- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take
actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA
Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the
game.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1857

Permanent Account Suspension
This is typically reserved for players who commit repeated violations within the
game or have grossly violated the Terms of Service through their actions or
intentions. The bottom line is that we want Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ to be
a fun and safe environment for all players. Players who are unable to abide by
our rules and insist on negatively affecting other players’ enjoyment of the
game, or harming the service itself, will receive increasing levels of sanctions
that can ultimately result in Permanent Account Suspension.

Bug Exploitation
There may be times when the game has a bug in it that, if exploited, can give an
unfair advantage to a player. At BioWare we do our best to make a game that has
as few of these bugs as possible, however due to the constantly evolving nature
of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, these may crop up at times. Please refrain
from taking advantage of any mechanic in the game that gives an ‘edge’ or unfair
benefit in any way as this can result in temporary or permanent account
suspension.

Should you encounter a bug please report it by accessing the Customer Service
Help Request menu in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game client and submitting
a ticket under the Bug Report category. Please include as much information as
possible in the report to enable us to reproduce and classify the bug.

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play
of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include
excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of
sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over
so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or
quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

I am happy to say they still have my ticket open and keep asking for more details.