Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Attis Station


MistaMoo's Avatar


MistaMoo
06.25.2012 , 01:20 PM | #1
I'm not sure where this goes, but I having a great deal of trouble in this area.
I started out here lvl 36 Jedi Shadow, realized I couldn't take anything on Quesh. So I grinded till i got to lvl 37. I took on some quests in Quesh, hoping that would help me get better armour and exp for my storyline quest, but it didn't.

So todayI went to Hoth, and lvl'd to 39, came back to Quesh and took on Val. No problem, took him down easiy. Then it wants me to save 8 people, sure I thought, no problem.

PROBLEM.
I cannot seem to defeat those damn people with silver stars in their name fast enough before they kill me. The other people, no problem 3 hits, dead. Them, a few hits in, and I'm dead.

Advice?

rhirne's Avatar


rhirne
06.25.2012 , 04:47 PM | #2
Attis Station is one that requires some patience. You can't just Zerg it, you gotta go in with a strategy. Don't over-pull, use your CC's and interupts. Attis is one that pretty much every Consular has a similar experience. You just gotta take it in stride and be smart. Those enemies are close together. be sure to heal up to full between every battle. There are some healing stations in-between, but I haven't found them useful

Also, make sure you are armored up correctly. Don't go gimping yourself and your companion with bad gear - make sure it's current and good.And if you are using Qyzen to tank, TURN OFF HIS AoE - will screw up your CC everytimel.
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Asheby's Avatar


Asheby
06.28.2012 , 05:07 PM | #3
This quest was the only time I've used Theron + Holiday. The extra CC is very helpful. Died over and over with Qz, even with his AOE and a lift and stun in effect off he'd get 2 shot, and I couldnt burn stuff down quick enough + heal.
Healing and tanking flashpoints myself with one DPS after level 40 (Qz as tank) has been much, much easier than this quest was w/Qz. Something seems wrong about that.
Sorry, this was the order:
"1. Get Tharan
2. Forcelift the sorceror.
3. Nuke the maruader (tank and heal).
4. when Sorceror comes back, ignore the Jugg and focus on Sorceror and interrupt his aoe - stun, mind snap, and holiday.
5. Once sorceror is down, kill Jugg last (tank and heal)."

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.07.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Wow, another instance that basically forces you to use your healer companion to progress....wonderful.....i think i will drop my consular while i am at a low level to avoid this heartache.

I know i like a challenge, but this class quest (which bioware say are totally solo-able) is like a heroic quest, they really need to tone this quest down.

Either way, i will be moving to a different class until they sort it out, not sure which to pick though.

uziforyou's Avatar


uziforyou
10.10.2012 , 11:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Wow, another instance that basically forces you to use your healer companion to progress....wonderful.....i think i will drop my consular while i am at a low level to avoid this heartache.

I know i like a challenge, but this class quest (which bioware say are totally solo-able) is like a heroic quest, they really need to tone this quest down.

Either way, i will be moving to a different class until they sort it out, not sure which to pick though.
Well, that depends on spec I guess. I was a sage and used my tank companion. I healed him when necessary and interupted/cleansed where possible. This was a tough mission but I recall I only died once before completing it. I'm sure level had something to do with it but I also did it at whatever level it came up. I didn't have to go off and level some and then come back to complete it.

So quitting the class because of this mission?! I don't get that.

P.S. I have a commando, sentinal and sniper where I use healing companions mostly. But am I 'forced' to? No. It's just easier with less down time to use a healing companion. I've used tank and dps companions and they work just fine, there's just more down time to prep for the next fight. Bottomline, I don't think anyone is 'forced' to use a healing companion.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Malefik's Avatar


Malefik
10.14.2012 , 08:30 AM | #6
Force lift is your friend there. If you put in the points to make it instant and lift more than one its a cake walk. err....unless it doesn't stick. I used healing companion and did it under leveled by 2. Died once. Balance Sage
BLESSED DARKNESS
~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~~~x~~~
~~x~~x~~> May the Dark Light shine! <~~x~~x~~

Serving the Dark Side since 1999

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.14.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
Well, that depends on spec I guess. I was a sage and used my tank companion. I healed him when necessary and interupted/cleansed where possible. This was a tough mission but I recall I only died once before completing it. I'm sure level had something to do with it but I also did it at whatever level it came up. I didn't have to go off and level some and then come back to complete it.

So quitting the class because of this mission?! I don't get that.

P.S. I have a commando, sentinal and sniper where I use healing companions mostly. But am I 'forced' to? No. It's just easier with less down time to use a healing companion. I've used tank and dps companions and they work just fine, there's just more down time to prep for the next fight. Bottomline, I don't think anyone is 'forced' to use a healing companion.
When i say 'forced' i mean, its common knowledge that 99% of the player base will go for the easier solution rather then face a difficult situation, the easier solution will depend on their preferred spec, if its a tank or dps, they will use their healer companion, if they are spec'ed as healer, they will use their tank companion and heal him/her through it all.

I have tried tanking and healing and i honestly have no interest in them at all and the worst thing is, the companions that help give an optimal experience have an obnoxious personality, i know.....its an mmo, who cares about that crap (which alot of people tell me) the issue is, in all bioware games i have played, i have always romanced a companion, but unlike mass effect, you HAVE to take them with you to get affection with them OR spend over the top amount of credits to increase their affection via companion gifts.

If i leveled up a consular to either a shadow or a sage, i would have to pick the healer companion for an optimal leveling experience and not to mention the dailies and i honestly can't stand that companion, if you could kill off companions, he would be the first to go.

I was hoping to level up a consular to either a sage or shadow and romance either your padawan or the second tank you get. (Lt. Iresso i believe) and it seems like for an optimal leveling experience and to do their affection up, i would have to spec as healer.

Which is a such a pity.

JamieKirby's Avatar


JamieKirby
10.14.2012 , 01:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Malefik View Post
Force lift is your friend there. If you put in the points to make it instant and lift more than one its a cake walk. err....unless it doesn't stick. I used healing companion and did it under leveled by 2. Died once. Tele. Sage
Well, my companion tends to be dead for that to be useful....i guess until bioware actually plays this quest to discover their huge mistake, i will have to pause on my consular, because i definately refuse to group up to do a class quest, the quest would be alot more optimal, if they lowered the amount of elites in the fights, i mean facing 2 elites and 2 strong at the same time is abit of an overkill for a class quest.

firestarter's Avatar


firestarter
10.15.2012 , 04:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well, my companion tends to be dead for that to be useful....i guess until bioware actually plays this quest to discover their huge mistake, i will have to pause on my consular, because i definately refuse to group up to do a class quest, the quest would be alot more optimal, if they lowered the amount of elites in the fights, i mean facing 2 elites and 2 strong at the same time is abit of an overkill for a class quest.
Please show me where you have to face 2 elites and 2 strongs at one time cause you only face groups of 3.
1 elite, 1 strong and 1 normal at one time is the most common. 3 strongs when you walk up to the 2nd level of attis station. Did this quest 2 days ago and found it enjoyable. A little more thinking required than the easy cakewalk that the consular had till this point.
Dunno why players have so much trouble with it. No matter if you are sage or shadow you have one permanent cc so use it and dont tell me that after youve done that you and your companion cant handle 2 enemies. You even get a free healing probe when you click on the consoles at the walls.
Its not BWs fault that players dont learn how to play their class and dont gear themselves and their companions up.
Use freakin Theran Zedrax. This guy will heal you through if he has some decent armor AND even has an additional cc.
Exiluminator - AP Powertech

The Red Eclipse

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
10.15.2012 , 05:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post

If i leveled up a consular to either a shadow or a sage, i would have to pick the healer companion for an optimal leveling experience and not to mention the dailies and i honestly can't stand that companion, if you could kill off companions, he would be the first to go.
.
Completely false, I'm leveling my first sin without a healing companion and while i feel it might be easier if i had a healer (dont get one till lvl 40) I don't really feel too disadvantaged.

I already leveled my shadow and while i found attis station rough I did it without resorting to theran,

using a tank comp does work for a shadow but it relies on you doing enough damage to take the target down to execute range before your pet dies. Which now is not very hard at all.