Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank top DPS after 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Rank top DPS after 1.3

Marak
07.13.2012 , 11:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Areaz View Post
Umm our Marks snipers pull 1500+ on bosses and 1700+ on the dummy. They've both tried Leth and say that Marks is still better.
I agree with the person you quoted. I pull more as DF than SS. By a good 150-200 dps.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Truescopes
07.14.2012 , 02:37 AM | #12
Umm our Marks snipers pull 1500+ on bosses and 1700+ on the dummy. They've both tried Leth and say that Marks is still better.
Yeah, I get 1,850 with leth on the dummy though.

Suryi
07.14.2012 , 03:11 AM | #13
As an assault vanguard on dummies I've pulled 1.8 - 1.85k (depending on mild variations in spec) on long parses, while sentinels in my guild claim (and I believe) they can pull over 2k. According to what I've seen on dpsmeter.com on stationary fights sents/maras do indeeed pull those numbers.

So far in raids this has hold true with either me or one of the sents on the top (depending on fight) then gunslingers then, well, everything else. This is just what I've observed in guild raids.

Rischardo
07.15.2012 , 01:05 AM | #14
Unfamiliarity with the spec and different itemization priorities between the three trees can skew the numbers. I do about 1800-1850 DPS on the test dummy as Lethality, so if your Snipers have almost all 61 items, this suggests that Lethality is generally better.

In order to get a true comparison, you need to either have tests from a Sniper who is comfortable with both specs (and can min max accordingly) or compare two similarly geared and skilled players. Our (now former) MM Sniper has about the same gear level as I do and played his MM very well in my opinion. Nevertheless, I consistently edged him our as Lethality in almost all of our Ops fights and he soon switched after that.

Areaz
07.23.2012 , 12:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rischardo View Post
Unfamiliarity with the spec and different itemization priorities between the three trees can skew the numbers. I do about 1800-1850 DPS on the test dummy as Lethality, so if your Snipers have almost all 61 items, this suggests that Lethality is generally better.

In order to get a true comparison, you need to either have tests from a Sniper who is comfortable with both specs (and can min max accordingly) or compare two similarly geared and skilled players. Our (now former) MM Sniper has about the same gear level as I do and played his MM very well in my opinion. Nevertheless, I consistently edged him our as Lethality in almost all of our Ops fights and he soon switched after that.
I don't pretend to know much about snipers but we have 1 who runs Leth and 2 who run MM, and both of our MM snipers come out on top on just about every fight. There are obviously fights every once in a while where they don't, but that's usually due to 1 of them dying or not paying attention. We haven't done dummy parses in a while, most people are playing alts because they're bored out of their minds right now.
Myk, Mercenary of Rapture
A 16 man Hard/Nightmare Operations Guild on The Shadowlands
http://www.rapture-guild.org

bbare
07.23.2012 , 09:55 PM | #16
1. Annihilation Marauders
2. Lethality Snipers
3. Pyro Powertechs.
4. Arsenal Mercs and Lightning Sorcs (very similar dps)
5. Anything else.

*I didn't include other specs from the same AC.

Krunstal
07.26.2012 , 10:55 AM | #17
I currently have a dps Juggernaut. I want to do better dps for my guild since we are small. I was wondering if it would be worth re-rolling a sith assassin or if their dps output isn't high enough to merit the time investment. I haven't seen anyone mention either on this thread, but I haven't seen many in the logs on askmr.robot etc so I don't know if they are bad classes to play for pve or if they are just more niche in that regard. Thanks for any advice regarding this in advance.

theangryllama
07.26.2012 , 11:00 AM | #18
Its fight dependant really. I'm giving MM a whirl at the moment because it really seems like many fights in EC cater towards it more with a lot of 'kill this add quick/burn phase' and even the extra range for T+Z. However heavy movement lethality will edge ahead and in a pure tank n spank leth will be a few hundred dps ahead. MM is also a lot harder to do a perfect rotation with.

Gnugthreeonefive
08.02.2012 , 07:04 AM | #19
I don't really understand those rankings, considering one of our PTs is top DPS literally 98%+ of the time in RWZ (100% in normal).

They lose to Mara's 1v1, but simply put up better numbers overall every single time.

wetslampigduex
08.02.2012 , 07:11 AM | #20
i seen pyro's in tio gear beat fully campaign mara's...