Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Idea for LR-5 Sentinel Droid

gtangtan
06.25.2012 , 07:01 PM | #21
Having to clear LI HM every week on my sent, gs, shadow tank, and sage healer, i agree with the notion that its easier with rdps. but it's also a matter of grp and skill. with a grp that doesn't know how to interrupt or cleanse, u'll prolly wipe. and with a grp that knows what they are doing u can clear it no matter what ur grp make up is. granted, having 2 mdps makes this fight way easier. but then again, where's the fun in doing easy FP all the time? if you want easy, go do T5.

cleared LI HM on my sent with 2 other sents and a scoundral healer. no death, and done it in 30-35 mins.
also cleared LI HM on my sent with 1 other sent and 2 scoundral healers. 2 death, no wipe, and done in 30-35 mins.

Hate to sound like an elitist but i would love for more people to learn how to play their class better instead of asking BW to nerf everything. we shouldn't have newbs running around in BH gear, thinking they are somehow good anyway.

Monoth
06.25.2012 , 11:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by gtangtan View Post
Having to clear LI HM every week on my sent, gs, shadow tank, and sage healer, i agree with the notion that its easier with rdps. but it's also a matter of grp and skill. with a grp that doesn't know how to interrupt or cleanse, u'll prolly wipe. and with a grp that knows what they are doing u can clear it no matter what ur grp make up is. granted, having 2 mdps makes this fight way easier. but then again, where's the fun in doing easy FP all the time? if you want easy, go do T5.

cleared LI HM on my sent with 2 other sents and a scoundral healer. no death, and done it in 30-35 mins.
also cleared LI HM on my sent with 1 other sent and 2 scoundral healers. 2 death, no wipe, and done in 30-35 mins.

Hate to sound like an elitist but i would love for more people to learn how to play their class better instead of asking BW to nerf everything. we shouldn't have newbs running around in BH gear, thinking they are somehow good anyway.
So you cleared HM Lost Island with no tank, just 3 sentinels and a healer... I call BS on that....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Sithcreep
09.12.2012 , 12:50 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
So you cleared HM Lost Island with no tank, just 3 sentinels and a healer... I call BS on that....
Hahaha Point! This man´s a big time liar!!!

Sithcreep
09.12.2012 , 01:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MaliksKid View Post
The point isn't to make the FP easier as such, it's to make sure it isn't a gimp to take melee instead of range. I've started to see plenty of "LF1M Ranged DPS for Lost Island". Now fair enough they may be wanting to balance melee with range, but i think it more likely the healer and tank want an easier ride so take ranged over melee. A poster above mentioned Shadows / Assassins which don't tend to suffer in this encounter quite as much as a sentinel or guardian does. Moving the boss around the room while staying within 4m at all times is tough, especially when the boss decides to stop mid move to cast something.

I'm willing to bet come tomorrow there will be a post on the forum saying that a melee dps got vote kicked from a Lost island group.
Exactly! Not nerfing this instance but making it more challenging for a group with rDPS too. At least seeing it from a tanks point of view, its pretty boring to just stand in the center and burn that robot in like 10 secs. haha

Quote: Originally Posted by MaliksKid View Post
It's no secret that this boss is a melee hater. The tactics for melee compared to ranged DPS make this highly unfair to melee guys (especially sentinels). So I would propose the following tweek to make this fairer to melee groups while still remaining challenging and fun. When the boss is about to drop his lighting ball thingy and the target appears at the DPS's feet, instead of it being a second before the ball appears make it 5 seconds. Next make the target follow the DPS (or healer or whoever) as they run around.

Now when he puts the target at your feet the DPS has to run from the center and place his ball of lightning on the edge then run back to the center. You are still filling the arena with lighting, so it's still a challenge, but the tank can stay in the middle same as with the range guys. If you did it with an all range group the tactics would remain I would imagine pretty much the same.
What did u expect from Biofail? Thats what I´ve been crying ever since the launch: this game is imbalanced, this game is imbalanced, this game is imbalanced. But those guys at BW are obviously not the chosen ones to bring balance to the force. lol The way this game is designed, ranged classes are nearly always at advantage. Sounds really stupid to me, why would anyone design a game that way?

But concerning this instance its really just a matter of practice. I used to hate to have to kite that damn robot with my jugger tank but know I love it, when I have to tank through this with 2 mDPS, simply because theres no challenge whatsoever for me with 2 rDPS.

I use this strategy: I pull him, then he starts his incinerate, thats when I force charge, what will disrupt his incinerate immediately. Then I kite him around every time he casts those plasma arcs. I move him from the center to the right platform and further in that direction counter-clockwise. Important thing is, I always move him directly after I disrupted his incinerate, else you risk to miss disruption. Even if you miss it, should be no problem with 1-2 mDPS, u need to assign one of them as your backup disruptor, since u dont need to disrupt anything else, exclusively focus on incinerate. And you can basically ignore those adds too, they are just there for distraction like most things in that instance. Incinerate is your one and only concern.

Using that strategy I´m beating this instance easily on hm on a daily basis with any group. If I fail, its only due to low geared dps and enrage timer.

Good luck! ;-)

haliy
09.12.2012 , 04:47 AM | #25
Please don't suggest any changes to any part of HM LI. The bosses are meant to be harder than your normal HM Fp's for a reason. If you are getting hit by the lightning, this is not a DPS problem. It would be a Tank problem since he is not moving the boss either in time or far enough.

Making your suggested change would make this boss way too easy since you could stack all the lightning off on 1 side of the room leaving the other sides untouched. Less coordination would be needed and would almost make the boss faceroll.

The boss designs are good just the way they are and i would prefer LR-5 to stay exactly the way he is. On the average, i usually find myself killing him faster with the Melee DPS compared to the ranged DPS probably because the ranged DPS need to stop their attacks while moving to the next spot during the lightning attacks compared to the constant barrage of attacks from the melee even while moving him.

Having LR-5 being the first real boss and the hardest is preferable to me in the since I can see if the group knows the instance, knows situational awareness, and has decent damage to keep out of the enrage timers. Having a well coordinated group that knows what to look for with LR-5 makes this boss really easy.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Petnil
09.12.2012 , 07:00 AM | #26
a better change would be to not exclude the tank from the lightning ball thing. hell, make it drop on tank everytime. That way tank will allways have to kite, so bringing melee or ranged dps wouldn´t matter..

Atramar
09.12.2012 , 07:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
3 sents and healer might be BS if did by gf (tip, sentinels can't mark 'tank')
But, I went on LI HM from GF with friend mara and friend merc dps (I was operative healer) and pugged tank decided to bail on us since he won't put up with mele dps, we started clearing waiting for other tank, and in the end 3manned whole instance.pipe boss was most pain tbh, sentinel was tight, lorric was easy peasy.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

haliy
09.12.2012 , 07:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
a better change would be to not exclude the tank from the lightning ball thing. hell, make it drop on tank everytime. That way tank will allways have to kite, so bringing melee or ranged dps wouldn´t matter..
Still not sure if it was actually added within the recent weeks but I have been hit with the lightning drop while tanking. Others have had the same. See this thread for what others have said.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

DakotaDoc
09.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #29
All I want to see is all three boss's drop Rakata gear or better. This is a LVL2 HM FP. why are we getting Columi gear on the harder boss.

wainot-keel
09.12.2012 , 11:10 AM | #30
@Sithcreep

Then I wish there'd be more tanks like you. At this point, I've given up using the group finder for LI hm with my Marauder. It's bad enough to queue as dps in general, but to have the tank decline LI everytime they see melee in there, highly discouraging.