Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quicker way to exit the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Quicker way to exit the game

amdroyd
06.24.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
New Player and may have missed answer, but why does it take forever to exit the game? (shhh...guilty of turning off computer just to get it to stop or hitting CTRL-C over and over) I do have an older gaming computer, but it runs WOW, WOW beta and D3 on it without issues. Do you have any tips on a quicker exit?

Tahana
06.24.2012 , 02:53 PM | #2
Escape>Exit Game doesn't work for you?
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

amdroyd
06.24.2012 , 02:56 PM | #3
I appreciate the reply. It seems to be hanging somehow, even with that sequence.

chefd
06.24.2012 , 02:56 PM | #4
Alt+f4?

amdroyd
06.24.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
I'll give that a try, thanks. Plan B is to Alt-TAB and play around with browser until it dies...errr the game exits.

boxfetish
06.24.2012 , 03:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by amdroyd View Post
New Player and may have missed answer, but why does it take forever to exit the game? (shhh...guilty of turning off computer just to get it to stop or hitting CTRL-C over and over) I do have an older gaming computer, but it runs WOW, WOW beta and D3 on it without issues. Do you have any tips on a quicker exit?
I always exit the game by hitting ALT+ESC and then right clicking on the taskbar icon for SWTOR and selecting 'Close Window'. Much, much faster.

-Azimov-
06.24.2012 , 04:48 PM | #7
/quit to exit the game fully.
/camp to go back to character select.

Doooz
06.24.2012 , 08:24 PM | #8
I don't know if it is the same problem but when I exit the game I have a black screen
with the game's mouse pointer in the middle. It takes forever to go back to the desktop.

I always tought it has something to do with caching of textures or game data because it always happens
when I exit the game after going to the fleet and during the "black screen" my hard drive spins a lot. Like the game was unloading all the textures it loaded from the fleet...

I'm not sure if it's because of my computer having only 4 gig of RAM or because I run the game under Windows 8 beta but to exit this "black screen" I hit ALT-TAB and then the the Windows key on my keyboard and I get back to the start screen.

Hope it helped

Dooz

Eternalnight
06.24.2012 , 08:25 PM | #9
Get a better computer

Dafpants
06.24.2012 , 08:27 PM | #10
I wish, from the character select screen, I could hit Esc and Enter to exit the game instead of clicking the tiny little box in the bottom left hand corner.
I also wish I could use the up and down arrows and then Enter to log in as a character.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.