Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service Phone Number from the UK?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Customer Service Phone Number from the UK?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Woetoo
06.24.2012 , 07:08 AM | #1
Edit: 00800 0246 9273 does work from the UK. "00800" is a Universal International Freephone Number. But I had to use a landline for it to work.

The phone number listed on the contact page for the UK is 00800 0246 9273.
"00800" is not a valid dialling code within the UK. Nor as far as I am aware in the USA either. I've no idea where this number would work from, but it's not here.

I've tried :

• 00800 0246 9273
  • 0800 0246 9273
  • 0800 246 9273

All are invalid.

Does someone have a freephone number for SW:TOR customer servers that DOES work in the UK?

Oh, and the reason I'm trying to call is to understand why my account management page says that my next subscription payment is due on the 21-Aug-2012. Yet I just received an email saying my recurring subscription would be taken in approximately 30 days (email sent Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:05:12 +0000 (UTC))... Ticket# 5690443.

It could be a US number I guess. In which case, the international dialing number would normally be listed as +1 800 0246 9273 (Where "+1" is the internationally recognised convention for a USA number from outside the USA, in the same way that +44 is the UK from outside the UK).

At the very least, the page is somewhat confusing and could benefit from a critical eye familiar with international numbers from outside the US.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bioware
Contact Us By Phone

For help with account issues, technical support, or if you require further assistance with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you can contact us via the following toll-free phone numbers:

USA, Canada: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867)
UK, Germany, France: 00800 0246 9273 (008000 BIOWARE)
Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 BIOWARE)

Taken from http://www.swtor.com/support/form
This line intentionally left blank.
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

My SW:TOR Passions : SWTOR is F2P in name only - Varied Choices Within FPs/Ops - Cross Faction Guilds - Better Guild List Panel

Beesodd
06.24.2012 , 07:22 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Woetoo,

The 00800 0246 9273 number should be working from the UK.

Please be aware that if you are having trouble calling that number, you can also use VoIP services (like Skype, Viber, Google Voice etc.) to call our Customer Service team for free, no matter what country you are calling from. Simply open the program of your choice and dial 1-855-GOSWTOR (1-855-467-9867) to speak to a Customer Service Agent.

As for the issue you are experiencing, a number of customers received mails in error indicating that their subscriptions were due expire earlier than they should. We apologize for the confusion caused. As you have done, checking your account page is the best indicator of your remaining time.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Woetoo
06.24.2012 , 07:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Woetoo,

The 00800 0246 9273 number should be working from the UK.
Ah. It seems that whilst 00800 is not recognised on my mobile phone, it works from my landline just fine.
A little (more) searching on the 'net identifies "00 800" as a Universal International Freephone Number. Where the 800 replaces the normal country code.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
As for the issue you are experiencing, a number of customers received mails in error indicating that their subscriptions were due expire earlier than they should. We apologize for the confusion caused. As you have done, checking your account page is the best indicator of your remaining time.
Thank you. I just wanted to double check, because any system that can erroneously send me an email a month early, is capable erroneously billing me a month early too.

This line intentionally left blank
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

My SW:TOR Passions : SWTOR is F2P in name only - Varied Choices Within FPs/Ops - Cross Faction Guilds - Better Guild List Panel