Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas the ultimate sith lord?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
George Lucas the ultimate sith lord?

Mordegrus
06.24.2012 , 09:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That evening...

George Lucas watches the news of a man killing himself over the cancellation of KOTOR III

George: That'll teach 'em to steal from me.
We should start writing comics with each other!
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

darthtayls
06.25.2012 , 02:00 AM | #12
[QUOTE=Forgon;4725023]How funny. However, I am in agreement. This is pretty childish. Then again, I do take a bit too much pleasure (no pun intended) in the Worst Star Wars Quotes to Use in Bed thread.[/QUOTE
It my be childish but it is a lot better then all the QQ and all the ************ that goes on and I was really drunk when I made this thread.

Liquidacid
06.25.2012 , 04:08 AM | #13
Lucas definitely has some sort of dark magic going on considering how he can butcher certain aspects of his works , have fans world wide rage about them... yet every single one of them still goes out and buys anything he puts out... so many people claim to hate him with a passion yet still can't help but throw their money at anything he makes
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

grandmthethird
06.25.2012 , 05:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
Lucas definitely has some sort of dark magic going on considering how he can butcher certain aspects of his works , have fans world wide rage about them... yet every single one of them still goes out and buys anything he puts out... so many people claim to hate him with a passion yet still can't help but throw their money at anything he makes
this is so true, i myself ran out and bought the complete saga on blu-ray even after i was so upset at the dvds, and i wouldn't be surprised if i bought the 3D box set when it gets released. (but i already know the 3D box set is going to be amazing - er hang on thats what i thought about the blu-ray)

darkside is at work here your so right
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Liquidacid
06.25.2012 , 05:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
this is so true, i myself ran out and bought the complete saga on blu-ray even after i was so upset at the dvds, and i wouldn't be surprised if i bought the 3D box set when it gets released. (but i already know the 3D box set is going to be amazing - er hang on thats what i thought about the blu-ray)

darkside is at work here your so right
OMG I hate the prequels... GL should be shot for what he did!!!!... oh they are releasing collectors editions of the prequel blue-ray? pre-order me 3 copies now! TAKE MY MONEY GEORGE... i still hate you tho!
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Aurbere
06.25.2012 , 09:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
We should start writing comics with each other!
The adventures of George Lucas. That sounds fun!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Mordegrus
06.25.2012 , 08:07 PM | #17
George Lucas wasn't that bad.
He wrote the Original Triology, right?
Plus, without him, we wouldn't have Star Wars, or Indiana Jones.
What kind of a world would that be?
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Captain_Zone
06.26.2012 , 02:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordegrus View Post
George Lucas wasn't that bad.
He wrote the Original Triology, right?
Plus, without him, we wouldn't have Star Wars, or Indiana Jones.
What kind of a world would that be?
He wrote the basic story for the OT, and he got really lucky with his script for, and directing A New Hope. He's admitted that he can't write dialogue to save his life, and his directing is spotty at best. He had a different director and script doctors for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Yes, he created Star Wars. And thanks to him creating Star Wars and letting other authors write stories for it, we get some great stories and dialogue that put his movies to shame.

Oh, and Indiana Jones was also made by Spielberg. That's the reason the Indy movies were good..... up until the last one.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"