Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

WickedDjinn's Avatar


WickedDjinn
06.23.2012 , 06:37 PM | #21
He was handled wonderfully.

Unless he's dead.

If that was his last stand, so to speak, then no he wasn't handled right.

Revan-the-knight's Avatar


Revan-the-knight
06.23.2012 , 06:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Yes and no. He had been locked in stasis, fighting a mental war with Vitiate for 300 years. Now, Jeff Bennett doing his voice was outstanding.

His motives in Foundry were good, but his methods were 100% Dark Side. Ending the war was a great motive. Unfortunately, killing nearly every man, woman, and child in the Empire was not the way to go about it. Revan should have seen that, but he was blinded by his insanity.

Now, without proper backstory on what happens to him between Jedi Prisoner and Foundry, we have nothing to go on as to WHY he went completely off his rocker again. There are several story hiccups along the way. Malgus saying Revan was "released" obviously wasn't true, if we go off the Jedi Prisoner FP. What happened when he went to Tython? How did he react to seeing his great great great great great granddaughter as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order? None of these questions have been answered.

Jedi Prisoner was good. Foundry was hack work.

Just my view.
i was lead to Believe that he meanth the sith population as in the SITH Population, i think he had plans to merge the Republic with the Remainder of the Empire when the sith were extinct, because without the Sith the Empire falls apart, they are dependant on eachother, i believe Revan survived the Foundry battle

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
06.23.2012 , 07:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I think Drew and Bioware completely tore apart the whole KotOR franchise and sacrificed it just so they could sell more copies of SWTOR.
^ .........

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.23.2012 , 07:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
i was lead to Believe that he meanth the sith population as in the SITH Population, i think he had plans to merge the Republic with the Remainder of the Empire when the sith were extinct, because without the Sith the Empire falls apart, they are dependant on eachother, i believe Revan survived the Foundry battle
And it was stated in the Foundry FP by HK that 97% of the Imperial population had Sith DNA in them, making them targets.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
06.23.2012 , 08:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
And it was stated in the Foundry FP by HK that 97% of the Imperial population had Sith DNA in them, making them targets.
Been a while since I ran BP and the Foundry, but wasn't it Revan's droids would kill anyone with Sith heritage or a drop of Sith blood, for a lack of better term? HK then estimates it to be about 97% of the Imperial population but he conveniently leaves out any defectors to the Republic or those who may be Republic citizens and happen to have ancient Sith lineage going back decades,generations or hundreds of years.

If I'm remembering that correctly, it makes Revan a lot nuttier and dangerously close to falling again or full on Dark Side without even being aware of it.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.24.2012 , 02:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
Finally, I think Meetra got off easy compared to Revan. She died almost instantly and became a force spirit while Revan was locked up for 300 years, facing mental torture and getting his life-force leeched out of him the entire time.
Drew ripped apart anything that made her character interesting and unique then turned her into generic Jedi #3187, not only that but in both major battles, she is made to look far far weaker than her counterpart Revan who had been imprisoned for six years.

TalkingDinosaur's Avatar


TalkingDinosaur
06.24.2012 , 03:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Yes and no. He had been locked in stasis, fighting a mental war with Vitiate for 300 years. Now, Jeff Bennett doing his voice was outstanding.

His motives in Foundry were good, but his methods were 100% Dark Side. Ending the war was a great motive. Unfortunately, killing nearly every man, woman, and child in the Empire was not the way to go about it. Revan should have seen that, but he was blinded by his insanity.

Now, without proper backstory on what happens to him between Jedi Prisoner and Foundry, we have nothing to go on as to WHY he went completely off his rocker again. There are several story hiccups along the way. Malgus saying Revan was "released" obviously wasn't true, if we go off the Jedi Prisoner FP. What happened when he went to Tython? How did he react to seeing his great great great great great granddaughter as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order? None of these questions have been answered.

Jedi Prisoner was good. Foundry was hack work.

Just my view.
Read the book "Revan" it explains what happens.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

TalkingDinosaur's Avatar


TalkingDinosaur
06.24.2012 , 03:24 AM | #28
Yes, (This spoiler contains Jedi Knight story spoilers)
Spoiler
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Lithy's Avatar


Lithy
06.24.2012 , 03:40 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Been a while since I ran BP and the Foundry, but wasn't it Revan's droids would kill anyone with Sith heritage or a drop of Sith blood, for a lack of better term? HK then estimates it to be about 97% of the Imperial population but he conveniently leaves out any defectors to the Republic or those who may be Republic citizens and happen to have ancient Sith lineage going back decades,generations or hundreds of years.

If I'm remembering that correctly, it makes Revan a lot nuttier and dangerously close to falling again or full on Dark Side without even being aware of it.
Ever wonder where all the pureblood vanished to after this time period? I think it's safe to say HK's plan managed to succeed in some way even after what happen in the flashpoint.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

grandmthethird's Avatar


grandmthethird
06.24.2012 , 06:41 AM | #30
i didn't come from Kotor (probably i should go and play it) the first i knew of revan was when i was reading the novel, and i thought it was great. in no way did the exile seem like another generic jedi to me.

i'm guessing by generic jedi what your are saying is any jedi in the acadamy could have played her role in the book and you not have know the difference ?

she might not have come across as an extraordinary force user (although cutting yoursefl off from the force then re-learning it all again, seem quite powerful to me), but she was the only one that could have found revan. i seen it said that her death was poor, as she should have sensed scrourge about to stab her in the back, to this i would say all her attention was on the emperor, at any other time she would have seen this betrayal coming, but right there right then, there was only one thing on her mind, and that is why she didn't notice it. i didn't think her death was insulting to her powers in anyway. and to my last pont about her, she had to be the person to find and help revan as she was the only person that could have stayed with him the way she did for 300 years helping him fight the emperor, only she had that sort of connection, a connection not even his own wife had, as we found out when meetra and bastila met

as for revan, in what way was he done bad? i thought he was a great character, he had a kinda confidence that didn't boil over into arrogance which i thought made him likeable, and came out while he was with the mandalorians, and his time in the cell with scourge. being both of the dark and the light made him very powerful but really messed up his head, which i thought came through the whole book, (right at the beginning hes stood on his balcony couldn't sleep, i know this is to do with the threat he senses, but it is explained that him not sleeping is not a new thing) there was his loss of memory and the way the other jedi shunned him, even though he was a public hero, the whole story had a tragic feel to it, which i guess is the fate of any jedi touched by the dark, you might be able to turn back to the light but you will never be the same again

i thought the ending of the book was very well done. sure the exile died and the droid got fried (droids can be rebulit, and scourge could have picked up the pieces,,, you never know), but meetra had to die, it was the only way revan could have achieved his goal of stopping the emperors invasion. sure they could have beat the emperor as an alternate ending. but that kinda goes agains the whole tragedy feel of the book (which as i said i believe comes from the fact that revan was once darkside) so they battle the most powerful being in the galaxy and at the same time are betrayed by a sith (lets face it, it is what they do) the outcome seemsed pretty spot on to me. as much as the last chapter is hard to read, it is offset by the epilogue where we find out that revan sacrifice was not in vain, he secured the future he was fighting for, for his child.

the game appearance of revan i guess kinda makes senae after 300 years in a box, you would messed up too

as i said, i didn't come from kotor so revan and meetra was new to me, and i guess that has a lot to do with why i don't feel like they ruined revan. but i do understand where alot fo ppl are coming from. i love tekken, and in tekken there is a character called "king" my fav character, if they made a story and treated king in a way which i thought made him look like a chump and then killed him off, i'm sure i would be as upset and angry as some of you are now.

pew, sorry abit long winded lol
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"