Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

veggienomad's Avatar


veggienomad
06.23.2012 , 03:52 PM | #11
Ah, this is a thread about whether or not Revan was handled right. I thought it was a thread about whether or not he was right handed. This is less dumb a question.
We'll always have Taris

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
06.23.2012 , 03:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Neltronluur View Post
Can you elaborate a tiny bit more, I'm just curious as all not standoffish
The Revan novel was not only rushed, it tore apart the Exile's character and made her into just another generic Jedi, Revan himself wasn't elaborated upon at all and the chance to have him be that epic 'do what must be done' type character was thrown out in favour of hyping up Sidious 2.0.

Not only that but T3 looked like a set-walker the whole time, practically everything in KotOR II was ignored entirely, and the repeated attempts to demean the exile in favour of Revan in Drew's "My character's better than your's" way throughout the whole novel was so forced down your throat I almost felt sick reading it.

Even worse was the ending and the obvious way in which Drew went about it, he literally sat there and thought to himself: 'How can I keep Revan alive for three hundred years so we have an excuse to put him in a game he has no business being a part of?' so he killed off the other main character and in a way that made her look even worse than he'd portrayed her throughout the novel, she was meant to be a powerful Jedi Master not Revan's padawan learner.

Then when we see Revan in the game he's just another madman for the Imps to put down.

Neltronluur's Avatar


Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 03:59 PM | #13
I definitely see your point more clearly now, thank you
"Master of the Living Force"

Invictos's Avatar


Invictos
06.23.2012 , 04:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by veggienomad View Post
Ah, this is a thread about whether or not Revan was handled right. I thought it was a thread about whether or not he was right handed. This is less dumb a question.
Revan is not left-handed.

Unfortunately, the Emperor isn't left-handed either.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.23.2012 , 04:44 PM | #15
Having Revan in the game didn't really make sense. I think it was just another way for them to sell the game to the "Revan fanboys'. I didn't like the book either for two reasons. 1. The exile was turned into some Jedi chump that couldn't sense the Scourge of the galaxy from backstabbing her. 2. They killed T3-M4, the best little droid in the galaxy. I haven't wanted to play either KOTOR games because I know where the end is and the end is not good. Poor little T3.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Neltronluur's Avatar


Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 05:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Having Revan in the game didn't really make sense. I think it was just another way for them to sell the game to the "Revan fanboys'. I didn't like the book either for two reasons. 1. The exile was turned into some Jedi chump that couldn't sense the Scourge of the galaxy from backstabbing her. 2. They killed T3-M4, the best little droid in the galaxy. I haven't wanted to play either KOTOR games because I know where the end is and the end is not good. Poor little T3.
I do see where you are coming from, in fact I can definitely see both sides of the arguement.
"Master of the Living Force"

RevanKnight's Avatar


RevanKnight
06.23.2012 , 06:20 PM | #17
I didn't really like bioware using Revan as an opponent for imperial players (one reason I dont do empire). But I am looking forward to knowing what happens to him after the foundry (he didn't die).

Now, I also saw some people complaining about how Meetra was handled here, and I'd like to say my opinion. I thought karpyshyn did great with the book. To be honest, I was actually shocked because the way she was in the book was almost completely how I thought she was in the game.The game made her seem like she was loyal to the Jedi Revan. The one thing I was worried about was I thought she might get between Revan and Bastila, and that didn't happen. Meetra was also just as bad*** as she was in the book as she always was in the game. Taking on 3 members of the emperor's guard at once and winning with hardly a scratch? If u played either of the jedi classes u know how tough those guys are. Also, as too how she died, I looked at it as that was the only way she and Revan could have lost. I think they were both too good to lose to anything but betrayal.

Finally, I think Meetra got off easy compared to Revan. She died almost instantly and became a force spirit while Revan was locked up for 300 years, facing mental torture and getting his life-force leeched out of him the entire time.

Neltronluur's Avatar


Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 06:28 PM | #18
I ask a question now. A friend of mine is pissed off about Revan's physical appearence see he is from Kenya and he really wanted an African Revan but now he is all disheartened about the character. He likes Jeff Bennett's voice but not the appearence, what do I tell him? I already told him it was because of building his character but he still isn't convinced.
"Master of the Living Force"

Invictos's Avatar


Invictos
06.23.2012 , 06:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Neltronluur View Post
I ask a question now. A friend of mine is pissed off about Revan's physical appearence see he is from Kenya and he really wanted an African Revan but now he is all disheartened about the character. He likes Jeff Bennett's voice but not the appearence, what do I tell him? I already told him it was because of building his character but he still isn't convinced.
Tell him to imagine how female KoTOR players feel.

Neltronluur's Avatar


Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 06:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictos View Post
Tell him to imagine how female KoTOR players feel.
I like the way you think lol
But yeah I do see where he is coming from
"Master of the Living Force"