Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Revan handled right? (Honest Opinion)

Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 01:46 PM | #1
I want to hear from all of you, do you think Revan was handled right? There is no right or wrong in this instance and my personal views don't matter right now. I just want to hear your opinions.
"Master of the Living Force"

Invictos
06.23.2012 , 01:50 PM | #2
Nope

(10 char)

Captain_Zone
06.23.2012 , 02:09 PM | #3
Yes and no. He had been locked in stasis, fighting a mental war with Vitiate for 300 years. Now, Jeff Bennett doing his voice was outstanding.

His motives in Foundry were good, but his methods were 100% Dark Side. Ending the war was a great motive. Unfortunately, killing nearly every man, woman, and child in the Empire was not the way to go about it. Revan should have seen that, but he was blinded by his insanity.

Now, without proper backstory on what happens to him between Jedi Prisoner and Foundry, we have nothing to go on as to WHY he went completely off his rocker again. There are several story hiccups along the way. Malgus saying Revan was "released" obviously wasn't true, if we go off the Jedi Prisoner FP. What happened when he went to Tython? How did he react to seeing his great great great great great granddaughter as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order? None of these questions have been answered.

Jedi Prisoner was good. Foundry was hack work.

Just my view.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Rayla_Felana
06.23.2012 , 02:10 PM | #4
I think Drew and Bioware completely tore apart the whole KotOR franchise and sacrificed it just so they could sell more copies of SWTOR.

Rahak
06.23.2012 , 02:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I think Drew and Bioware completely tore apart the whole KotOR franchise and sacrificed it just so they could sell more copies of SWTOR.
Yeap.
Kagekvinde

Forgon
06.23.2012 , 02:12 PM | #6
Yep.

He was best treated as a tragic character from start to finish and got some poetic justice imo.

Did not make him too eccentric outside of his given qualities and did not make him too subtle imo.

Did not exaggerate his character nor role but did not diminish his significance.

Simply put, I read a biography of his life and his end and read something human about it, with real humanity in it.

Just my two cents.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Invictos
06.23.2012 , 02:16 PM | #7
Yeah, that's about the size of it. To expand on my admittedly flippant first comment, and in part to respond to Captain Zone's more thorough commentary -- Revan may have been handled well enough within SWTOR, but in my view his story was already butchered by the Revan novel. I have no objection to the voice acting or the dialogue in Flashpoint content.

BrianDavion
06.23.2012 , 02:17 PM | #8
he was handled fine, one of the reoccuring themes in SW of late that's really been pushed, (one I suspect comes straight from the top) is that there is no grey side, and those who straddle it tend to fall. we've seen this with Jacen Solo, and now the poster boy for the "Grey fallacy" Revan himself.

if you simply accept that as a result of his imprisonment Revan had simply fallen to the dark side something he was skirting for ages anyway, it makes sense

Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 02:24 PM | #9
All very good stuff so far I really want to hear more from you guys

Neltronluur
06.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #10
Can you elaborate a tiny bit more, I'm just curious as all not standoffish