Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to change crew skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How to change crew skills

QumarsR
06.23.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1
hi, im a sith warrior with three companions. the first is vette second is Quin and the third is the help robot. i want to change quins crew skills from vettes but when i go to a trainer it says i have to unlearn it. how do i change quins crew skills without changing vettes

uniz
06.23.2012 , 11:38 AM | #2
if i understand what you are saying correctly, you cant change companions crewskill bonuses. what is being prompted is to change your crewskill.

the only crew skill bonus that can be changed is the item that give the ships droid his through the legacy ship merchant. change the item changes his bonus. only he can equip this item.

PresentTense
06.23.2012 , 11:47 AM | #3
Crew skills belong to you, not your companions. You get three total, and you can send any companion on any of the three skills. Quin and Vette cannot have separate sets of skills, because you are sending them on errands for you.

SelinaH
06.24.2012 , 02:23 PM | #4
Just to clarify, when a companion has a certain bonus, such as "+15% Slicing Efficiency," you can only take advantage of the bonus if you've actually picked up that particular crew skill. If you chose Armstech, Scavenging and Slicing, you're not going to be able to use your companion's "+2 Underworld Trading Critical." To be quite clear: You cannot use the skill listed in the companion bonus unless you have trained that skill.

Some players try to min-max their crafting by matching their crew skills to their companions' strengths. Others just pick and choose what they want. It's ultimately a matter of individual playstyle and how much you value small increases in efficiency.
"Homogeneity breeds weakness: theoretical blind spots, stale paradigms, an echo-chamber mentality, and cults of personality. A diverse dramatis personae is a powerful tonic against these ailments." -V.S. Ramachandran
"Relax. Stupidity produces antibodies." -Susie Derkins