Some people think I'm a ***** or too nice

But the way I see it, even if I hate someone, they may later

In life be of use to me...so why cut off help just because

Of personality conflict?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Kreia was wiser than the average player gave her credit for. She had alot of profound wisdom to share with the Exile. In my experience of K2, after hearing her tell me something from an objective point of view, I would at first think she was being very harsh and *****y, but after thinking about it for a minute, I thought she had a really good point that could even be applied in the real world. Of course, not everything she said was based on pure objective thinking, but I think that even if she did turn out evil in the end, both the Jedi and the Sith could learn some valuable lessons regarding their black-and-white views of the galaxy.

Kreia was wrong actually, there is only the Light Side and the Dark Side, they is no grey zone or neutrality, Kreia acted as if she was neutral, despite the fact she was the most malicious and dark force in the entire known universe at the time.

Kreia was wrong actually, there is only the Light Side and the Dark Side, they is no grey zone or neutrality, Kreia acted as if she was neutral, despite the fact she was the most malicious and dark force in the entire known universe at the time.

The Grey area exists, its called "The Force" Not limiting yourself to any side, The Grey area is the Force in its Purest Form, neither Corrupted like the Dark Side or Serene like the Light side

dude,kreia was pure epicness...shame they had to kill her off at the end of the game...wouldve loved to have seen her in swtor

There was one guy that theorised that Kreia is a part of the Sith Warrior story, according to the codex she fits in with Kreia description, as vague as it is, however the things she say are pretty loophole-ish if its kreia, so i dunno

no,your the one thats completely wrong,cause im assuming your speaking about the star wars lore...and i can drag up any number of instances in the star wars universe displaying neutrality in the force to shoot your statement down with ease

also the most solid and evident proof...on this game you can be a neutral sith inquisitor,or neutral force user of any type really

and since all of this is decided by lucas arts itself in the end...you have no say in it..your theorys are garbage,youll be better off keeping your dogmatic and unintelligent veiw of the force too yourself

The Grey area exists, its called "The Force" Not limiting yourself to any side, The Grey area is the Force in its Purest Form, neither Corrupted like the Dark Side or Serene like the Light side

All the canon in-universe and out-of-universe says otherwise, it is simple, I'm sure Professor Walsh will come in here and teach you all a thing or two about this whole mess, needless to say, you are either using the Light Side fully, or the Light Side in a much lesser degree than true Light Side practitioners and getting it mixed up or you are using the Dark Side of the Force.

All the canon in-universe and out-of-universe says otherwise, it is simple, I'm sure Professor Walsh will come in here and teach you all a thing or two about this whole mess, needless to say, you are either using the Light Side fully, or the Light Side in a much lesser degree than true Light Side practitioners and getting it mixed up or you are using the Dark Side of the Force.

>.> not really...there was a jedi in kotor 1 that prided himself on being neutral,and often irritable to boot

also on this game no matter the force user you can be perfectly neutral

and to try and defy the word of both lucas arts and the legend of kotor is a sin that will see your character tarred and feathered

>.> not really...there was a jedi in kotor 1 that prided himself on being neutral,and often irritable to boot

and to try and defy the word of both lucas arts and the legend of kotor is a sin that will see your character tarred and feathered

Jolee Bindo ftw!

no,your the one thats completely wrong,cause im assuming your speaking about the star wars lore...and i can drag up any number of instances in the star wars universe displaying neutrality in the force to shoot your statement down with ease

also the most solid and evident proof...on this game you can be a neutral sith inquisitor,or neutral force user of any type really

and since all of this is decided by lucas arts itself in the end...you have no say in it..your theorys are garbage,youll be better off keeping your dogmatic and unintelligent veiw of the force too yourself

Really? you want to get into this? the Potentium Theory is flat-out wrong and has been stated so out-of-universe.

Vergere wanted to turn the NJO to the Dark Side, that was her goal, the whole balance shtick she may have believed but nonetheless that was what she was trying to do.

Kreia is certainly no proponent of neutrality, not at all, she was very clearly Dark Side the whole time she spoke with anger and hatred when referring to the Jedi Order and would rather have the Jedi be destroyed than abandon her own ego, when referring to the Sith she acts as if they are pure brutes and fools, whenever anyone claims she is wrong she lashes out and she even stated herself, that perhaps all she was in the end was an old woman who had come to despise the thing she relied upon, she wanted revenge on the force for being cast out twice, her mind was twisted and deceitful and was clearly nothing like 'neutral' she was a Dark Sider, just not Sith.

Then let me guess who you would have brought up next... Revan right?

Well Revan is not someone you want to label as this neutral demi-god at all, he had lost his mind over time, he was naturally a user of the Light Side, but when pressured and driven to the extreme he would revert to the Dark Side, he was clearly not in his right mind whatsoever the whole time, because we all know a sane person would commit genocide on an entire Empire.... right?

Then let me guess again, Kyle Katarn? yeh if you'd really learnt anything about Katarn, it is that he eventually submitted to Skywalker's greater wisdom.

Bindo really? *le sigh*

I'm not saying this isn't true, but even if she was the closest thing to Satan in the Star Wars universe, that doesn't mean she was stupid. The Sith are not always wrong and the Jedi are not always right. This is clearly stated in the movies, the books and even the games. Seeing things in black and white blinds you to many things, and I think everyone can agree on that. Take Jolee Bindo from K1 for example. He stated that he see has had his fill of both light and dark, and sees more grey than anything else. Even looking at his character sheet shows that his alignment was just a little above halfway, which meant relatively neutral. He was arguably the wisest character in the game, and that should tell us something.

Bindo was a 'grey jedi' sure, but he wasn't neutral, he is one of many who was naturally light side, just not one of your full on practitioners, and don't give me that he mixed in anger, if you try the Dark Side conversation when meeting the Bastila on Lehon he very clearly gives his full opinion on the Dark Side of the Force and quite clearly does not advocate any of it whatsoever, sounds pretty Jedi to me, he's Qui-Gon but older and Qui-Gon was still a light-sider, both of those characters were simply fed up with not being able to do what was right instead of logical.

You can try arguing for the Exile being neutral as well if you want, just because she wasn't full on Jedi, despite the fact all the canonical knowledge points to her having the strongest Light Side connection of the Kotor games.

Edited by Qishari
replied/quoted removed insults

Bindo was a 'grey jedi' sure, but he wasn't neutral, he is one of many who was naturally light side, just not one of your full on practitioners, and don't give me that he mixed in anger, if you try the Dark Side conversation when meeting the Bastila on Lehon he very clearly gives his full opinion on the Dark Side of the Force and quite clearly does not advocate any of it whatsoever, sounds pretty Jedi to me, he's Qui-Gon but older and Qui-Gon was still a light-sider, both of those characters were simply fed up with not being able to do what was right instead of logical.

You can try arguing for the Exile being neutral as well if you want, just because she wasn't full on Jedi, despite the fact all the canonical knowledge points to her having the strongest Light Side connection of the Kotor games.

I find it interesting that you mention Qui-Gon Jinn, as he was the one that ignored the council's advice not to train Anakin. This was a perfect example of someone setting aside their order's extremist beliefs in favor of doing what is right. The Jedi want to destroy the Sith, while the Sith want to destroy the Jedi. The council forbade training for Anakin, even though it was clear to them that he was the chosen one, mentioned in the prophecy of the one who would bring balance to the Force. Balance would mean no Jedi and no Sith, only the Force.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

Sorry bud but you missed the whole point of what kreia was doing.

She scolds you for taking no action or simply accepting your fate.

Apathy and Arrogance where her two biggest points. She veiwed your character as anomaly for being able to walk away and simply accepting you fate . Which she tried to undo that the entire game Light or Dark. That is why she had you kill her two pupils , Arrogance on there part .

If you live your life staying neutral and not making choices you will still offend people , be yourself and dont be consumed by what could of or may have been . :rak_03::rak_03:

I think a lot of you are missing the point of what Kreia meant by middle ground, as well as what Jolee Bindo was about.

See, There's the Dark side, and the Force. (or light side) The potentium theory is wrong yes.

That said, Kreia's point was that by worrying too much about the light or the dark side, you did more harm than good. You shouldn't care about whether you are light, or dark. You shouldn't do things simply because they appear light side, or dark side. If you remember in Kotor 2, if you did something that was obviously light side, or obviously very dark side for what can only be construed as being intentionally polar to try to go light or dark side, she would call you out, unless you had justification for it beyond "Hurr Jedi code" or "Hurr dark side"

Jolee bindo and Kreia had a great deal in common, Jolee was like a more light side kreia, he didn't like the Jedi code, he thought it was dogmatic, stupid, and often forced Jedi into a narrow minded view which caused them to oftentimes do more harm than good in the name of adhering to some absolute value. Kreia was the dark side equivolent, she believed the dark side was the means for great strength, however if you did not have something to do with that strength, if you didn't have a reason for having it beyond simply hoarding it, then it was worthless, and that adhering blindly to the ideals of the Sith code or Jedi code weakened you as it closed you off to other avenues.

The point is, There's gray area, not within the Force, but within the definitions of those sides. if you want to strengthen the dark side, doing the obviously evil thing was short sighted and often foolish, if you want to do good, then again, doing the obvious good deed without thinking often times does far more harm than good.

This is a pattern repeated often in the EU. And the lesson seems to be clear,The surest way for a Jedi to fall (not consciously choose mind you) to the Dark side, is to worry too much about falling. Just look at how many Jedi it happens to. first you've got Atris, then you've got Mace Windu (who was so afraid of the corruption of the Sith, that he was allowing himself to become consumed by fear and anger without realizing it,and you can very much see it in him in Episode 3) Luke Skywalker came very very close to falling several times by worrying too much about it.

The lesson here is clear: Act with thought, and consideration for what you are doing, do not be a mindless puppet of one side or another.

I find it interesting that you mention Qui-Gon Jinn, as he was the one that ignored the council's advice not to train Anakin. This was a perfect example of someone setting aside their order's extremist beliefs in favor of doing what is right. The Jedi want to destroy the Sith, while the Sith want to destroy the Jedi. The council forbade training for Anakin, even though it was clear to them that he was the chosen one, mentioned in the prophecy of the one who would bring balance to the Force. Balance would mean no Jedi and no Sith, only the Force.

Exactly my point... but... and I hate to correct you on this, because you seem to be the most level-headed person here, but bringing balance actually meant ending the Rule of Two and the Banite Sith, we now know that the Banite Sith had caused an imbalance in the Force which was increased more and more and by the time of Darth Sidious, the Dark Side reigned almost unchecked, once Vader had killed Sidious, he ended that reign of the Darkness and gave Luke six years in which he had become almost if not more powerful than Reborn palpatine, the even more powerful incarnation of Sidious, the Sith were done for and the Force was returned to balance.

I think a lot of you are missing the point of what Kreia meant by middle ground, as well as what Jolee Bindo was about.

See, There's the Dark side, and the Force. (or light side) The potentium theory is wrong yes.

That said, Kreia's point was that by worrying too much about the light or the dark side, you did more harm than good. You shouldn't care about whether you are light, or dark. You shouldn't do things simply because they appear light side, or dark side. If you remember in Kotor 2, if you did something that was obviously light side, or obviously very dark side for what can only be construed as being intentionally polar to try to go light or dark side, she would call you out, unless you had justification for it beyond "Hurr Jedi code" or "Hurr dark side"

Jolee bindo and Kreia had a great deal in common, Jolee was like a more light side kreia, he didn't like the Jedi code, he thought it was dogmatic, stupid, and often forced Jedi into a narrow minded view which caused them to oftentimes do more harm than good in the name of adhering to some absolute value. Kreia was the dark side equivolent, she believed the dark side was the means for great strength, however if you did not have something to do with that strength, if you didn't have a reason for having it beyond simply hoarding it, then it was worthless, and that adhering blindly to the ideals of the Sith code or Jedi code weakened you as it closed you off to other avenues.

The point is, There's gray area, not within the Force, but within the definitions of those sides. if you want to strengthen the dark side, doing the obviously evil thing was short sighted and often foolish, if you want to do good, then again, doing the obvious good deed without thinking often times does far more harm than good.

This is a pattern repeated often in the EU. And the lesson seems to be clear,The surest way for a Jedi to fall (not consciously choose mind you) to the Dark side, is to worry too much about falling. Just look at how many Jedi it happens to. first you've got Atris, then you've got Mace Windu (who was so afraid of the corruption of the Sith, that he was allowing himself to become consumed by fear and anger without realizing it,and you can very much see it in him in Episode 3) Luke Skywalker came very very close to falling several times by worrying too much about it.

The lesson here is clear: Act with thought, and consideration for what you are doing, do not be a mindless puppet of one side or another.

Very well put and that is something I can agree with, the force itself is The Force and it's corrupted version, the Dark Side, that's it, having a different point of view on how you yourself should act is fine, but there are only two paths with the force, as long as we can agree with that, I'm fine and dandy.

Kreia never mentioned she was ''Neutral'' she just believed that the Dark was not stronger than the Light or the other way around. She believed the ''Force'' was an evil deity and sought to destroy it by using both the ''Light'' and the ''Dark''

Exactly my point... but... and I hate to correct you on this, because you seem to be the most level-headed person here, but bringing balance actually meant ending the Rule of Two and the Banite Sith, we now know that the Banite Sith had caused an imbalance in the Force which was increased more and more and by the time of Darth Sidious, the Dark Side reigned almost unchecked, once Vader had killed Sidious, he ended that reign of the Darkness and gave Luke six years in which he had become almost if not more powerful than Reborn palpatine, the even more powerful incarnation of Sidious, the Sith were done for and the Force was returned to balance.

Hmm, interesting. Is there an official source where I can read this? I admit that I don't know much about Star Wars lore outside of the movies and a few games, but this sounds like it would be accurate and I'd like to see it for myself.

Hmm, interesting. Is there an official source where I can read this? I admit that I don't know much about Star Wars lore outside of the movies and a few games, but this sounds like it would be accurate and I'd like to see it for myself.

A few sources, the best one would be the Darth Plagueis novel, which is a masterpiece by James Luceno.