Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any other Reps having unusual trouble in PVP this week?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Any other Reps having unusual trouble in PVP this week?

earthtoearl
06.23.2012 , 12:47 AM | #1
NOTE: I am a average player, but not a noob. Also I am not trying to rage or troll.

I can only speculate the cause of this issue but....
This week has been extra tough for Reps in Harbringer server, at least for me and friends I have played with and talked to. I am talking about players with good valor ranks, 60 to 80+.
The 1st week of the transfer pvp seemed pretty balanced. Since the patch this week it seems the Imps got some crazy buffs. Its not just one particular class but definately those with heals and force lightning. For my lvl 30 trooper I noticed a Sith with Lightning that outranged me. In the Star Wars lore, force lightning has never been a long range attack, medium at most. Also the lightning seems to last longer and do more damage then it seemed in the past. OFCOURSE imp players will not complain and even defend it. But in match after match with different team makeups something seems out of balance. I normally love PVP but I am about to stop untill this is at least looked at. If other Reps havn't had this problem then good, but I know I am not the only one.
My only question is might this be fixed with 1.3 and Ranked War Zones?

EDIT: photos added
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7...texample1a.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/701...texample1b.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/798...otexample2.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4...otexample3.jpg

djrtykow
06.23.2012 , 12:55 AM | #2
Wow, cry more? What happened was the old Imperial players on your server clearly SUCKED at PVP and when transfers opened, GOOD PVPers transferred over. We didn't get ANY buffs, in any patch, at any time.

So, to summarize it for you:

1. You THOUGHT you were good at PVP
2. You were proven incorrect
3. Work on your PVP 'skills'

Some days Imperials destroy Republic, other days the roles switch. That's life.

P.S.
Any individual's Valor Rank, in no way, determines a players PVP ability. If you thought this, you were incorrect. I see dozens of players everyday with 70+ Valor who are horrendous in PVP.
Perfection. You are looking at it.

earthtoearl
06.23.2012 , 12:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by djrtykow View Post
Wow, cry more? What happened was the old Imperial players on your server clearly SUCKED at PVP and when transfers opened, GOOD PVPers transferred over. We didn't get ANY buffs, in any patch, at any time.

So, to summarize it for you:

1. You THOUGHT you were good at PVP
2. You were proven incorrect
3. Work on your PVP 'skills'

Some days Imperials destroy Republic, other days the roles switch. That's life.
Why do you comment without reading? Or you just don't get it. As expected you defend it. The game has been proven on many occastions to be out of balance. Why else do they keep buffing and debuffing powers to make it more balanced. If when a player sees a REAL imbalance why are they attacked and told to "improve" PVP skills. As I stated it is with a lot of Rep players.

ProfessorWalsh
06.23.2012 , 01:12 AM | #4
Currently in the live game there are a couple bugs which favor the Sith in PVP. There are no known bugs that favor the Republic in PVP.

There is the issue with Project vs Shock for example.
There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)
There are a number of other issues.

Mechanically the game does slightly favor the Sith. That is simply a fact. It isn't a large bonus and usually it can be mitigated by skill but all things being equal the Sith have the advantage. It has been this way since launch.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

djrtykow
06.23.2012 , 01:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Currently in the live game there are a couple bugs which favor the Sith in PVP. There are no known bugs that favor the Republic in PVP.

There is the issue with Project vs Shock for example.
There is an issue with the Scoundrel's dirty kick vs the Operative's mirror ability. (The Scoundrel has to stop, the Operative does not.)
There are a number of other issues.

Mechanically the game does slightly favor the Sith. That is simply a fact. It isn't a large bonus and usually it can be mitigated by skill but all things being equal the Sith have the advantage. It has been this way since launch.
Incorrect. I have a character on both factions and I do NOT have to stop to Dirty kick on my Scoundrel. Bad information. Not a good idea to post misleading information on the forums.

ProfessorWalsh
06.23.2012 , 01:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by djrtykow View Post
Incorrect. I have a character on both factions and I do NOT have to stop to Dirty kick on my Scoundrel. Bad information. Not a good idea to post misleading information on the forums.
It isn't any misleading information, unless they changed it this has been a confirmed bug for months by BioWare.

Oops, no I take that back. That bug actually was fixed in 1.2. Had to go back and look.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

earthtoearl
06.23.2012 , 01:31 AM | #7
I was just saying that somethinig seems out of wack the last few days. And its not coming from just me.
There is still plenty of other stuff to do in the game. I just normaly like pvp a lot more and don't need to win all the time to have fun.

BTW: pvp for under lvl 50 seems pretty good.

djrtykow
06.23.2012 , 01:34 AM | #8
The fact, not the 'opinion' is that the sides, as far as SAME class are equal. A commando isn't more OP than a mercenary. A sorcerer isn't more OP than a sage. That isn't the way the game was designed and it isn't the way it is played. Do each of the classes have their own balance issues? Yes, but that's the same for both sides. Not just one in particular. A sorcerer beating a sage in PVP, with the same gear, is a skill-based reaction. Not a mechanic based one.

Not to remove the idea that an undergeared player can still beat a better gear played. As I recently watched a Juggernaut, with 12k HP and no recruit gear, hold off 2 Guardians in a PVP match while he waited for back up.

Is it because the Juggernaut is more OP than a Guardian? No. It's because the Juggernaut exactly knew how to play and time skills to keep himself alive long enough to be the victor. That's the way PVP works in this game.

Brool
06.23.2012 , 02:01 AM | #9
as a republic pvp'er on this server, I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary with the empire.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

gofortheko
06.23.2012 , 02:18 AM | #10
Powertechs/Mercs have better resource rates than Commando/Vanguards, the community have made numerous posts with hard data to back it up and bioware ignores it.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger