Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.22.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Senior Game Designer, William Wallace talks about the new Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Quote:
Hi, Iím Senior Game Designer William Wallace. In Game Update 1.2, we introduced Legacy Unlocks, a system in which characters across your Legacy could unlock special rewards for reaching different milestones. Since Game Update 1.2 went live, your Smuggler may have learned a new skill from their Sith Inquisitor father, or you might have unlocked new species options for your classes. No matter your personal choices, you have now started to build your very own Star Warsô legacy.

With Game Update 1.3, we are continuing to expand the Legacy system by introducing the new Character Perks system. Character Perks allow you to customize each character in your Legacy, allowing you to modify how you level them with modifiers to increase the experience you gain from Flashpoints or Space Missions. Character Perks will also grant your Legacy character new conveniences that are useful both during leveling and once youíve reached level 50.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

obi-joachim
06.22.2012 , 03:30 PM | #2
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee, now you told us everyting about 1.3 in depth.. Only thing which misses are the patch itself going live!

celldoom
06.22.2012 , 03:32 PM | #3
I still think some of the experience bonuses are too weak. 30% from class missions is not enough to level up. But so too is the cost because it is char-based, not legacy-wide.

ChaoticDynamite
06.22.2012 , 03:36 PM | #4
That repair droid is going to come in handy first thing I will buy.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2012 , 03:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
I still think some of the experience bonuses are too weak. 30% from class missions is not enough to level up. But so too is the cost because it is char-based, not legacy-wide.
So transfer credits to the character your going to level up then?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Wookieluva
06.22.2012 , 03:40 PM | #6
I think that if i go thru the hassle of getting the field respec it should Not cost anything to respec (or at the verry least only cost the base amount 5000 or so creds)

make the class mission bonus just a story mission bonus providing bonus xp for every quest that is completed, and not a FP.

and lastly the droid sells adrenals? really adrenals; not stims? im buying this one asap
"You don't know me son, so lemme explain this to ya once. If I ever kill you: you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

~Captain Malcom Reynolds

Kada
06.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #7
I think you need to change the way the credit factor works. I'm almost legacy lvl 40 now. I'm not going to spend millions of credits on this crap. I do think that you should be able to spend credits on it if you like. But for us that have put in the hours we should not have to pay millions for something we have unlocked.
Ark'n DeathfireHutt's Don't Have Feet
HoG/PoF

Lord_Karsk
06.22.2012 , 03:44 PM | #8
New money sinks most players cant afford.This is what they work on when they should have been working on minigames.There are many threads on PTS forums were alot of players is trying to tell them it cost to much the legacy fluff and taking out mods is way to high, do they listen no.And btw 30% extra to storyline mission or exploration is nothing !! from lvl 35+ now you can hardly see the bar move at all when completing a storyline mission on a planet.
Save your money folks on mods etc you need more for a better lvl experience.And the fact that players with a high legacy lvl still have to pay, that is just low !

AelixVII
06.22.2012 , 03:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
New money sinks most players cant afford.This is what they work on when they should have been working on minigames.There are many threads on PTS forums were alot of players is trying to tell them it cost to much the legacy fluff and taking out mods is way to high, do they listen no.And btw 30% extra to storyline mission or exploration is nothing !! from lvl 35+ now you can hardly see the bar move at all when completing a storyline mission on a planet.
Save your money folks on mods etc you need more for a better lvl experience.And the fact that players with a high legacy lvl still have to pay, that is just low !
I too would love to see mini games in future offering credit rewards. I'd rather see mod extraction costs banished lol but I'd be happier if I had a better way than dailies and crafting to earn the cash to do it.

Callianna
06.22.2012 , 03:50 PM | #10
Those perks are nice but the price is too high, especially since it's for each character.