Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG tool please add one asap

SamuraiCrazy
12.18.2011 , 10:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Attilious View Post
Im sure its been said before but we need an LFG tool one that groups you with people automatically who are also in the queue essentially just copy wow's or rift i dont care.

No one uses the LFG channel and if they do there just lfg no comment on what they want etc. I didnt pay 80 dollars to go back to the days of EQ1 dungeons and shouting in chat for a group that system is old and outdated. do it for the love of the sith please put in a LFG tool
right? talking to people is so outdated.....

the game hasnt even officially launched yet. till then you can /who and mark yourself lfg with a comment or /1 LFG X quest/dungeon.
but that doesnt work you can get over it. heroics give good loot yes, but they dont give you anything if you really think ppl to lazy to form a group can work as one..........
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman

Mavery
12.18.2011 , 10:36 PM | #22
Wow. Some of the opinions here are absolutely ridiculous.

So "creating social connections" or "chatting" is spamming chat channels with LFM for XXX PST and then responding with I'll go is the former or the latter? Get real. Including an LFG tool does away with the nonsense of such an archaic way of forming groups.

Creating social connections and chatting is done INSIDE the group. The reason it did not work in WoW is because it was cross-server. If you include a single server LFG tool then you don't run into this problem.

Don't hate what you clearly don't understand.

ecint
12.18.2011 , 10:55 PM | #23
The tool is not the problem.

Sure, the /who list is limited in several ways (e.g. no way to do multi-filtered searches, i.e. a search for players of a particular level range AND in a particular place).
Yes, the flashpoints are located in a very inorganic place (having them on the "fleets" removes them from the normal play areas and thus the majority of the pve players).

But, the social panel <cough> does have the lfg comment function. You can invite (or /whisper) directly from the panel.
When I am looking for a group for a particular heroic or flash the social who tab is the first place I look. I'm not sure how long I will do that, since result by that method are non-existent.

Anyhow.
The problem is not the existing tools. The problem is that people don't seem willing or able (lack of knowledge?) to use the perfectly useful existing tools. I certainly can't justify asking Bioware to put a bunch of time into developing nmore lfg type tools if people already don't use the handy existing ones.

How hard is it to use the existing tools? Not very. It is very easy. Much easier, in fact, than filtering through ridiculous amounts of /general chat spam (already?!) to find teammates.

Sad.

That being said, I thing a predesignated lfg chat channel (/4?) would be helpful, and remove some of the spam from general. Assuming, of course, that people actually used it, that being the main likely problem (based on a few other games I've seen where there was a mostly unused /lfg).
Intelligence may be overrated, but it is far better than the alternative.

eldisper
12.18.2011 , 11:00 PM | #24
No to lfg automation please
Order,stength,power and compassion. Join now, New and pros are welcome, family friendly . I am 45 yrs old arrrrrrrg

Oteraign
12.18.2011 , 11:03 PM | #25
I would like a LFG tool but not one that add with other player right one, for me the best tool would be a instance-info of the current tool we have, like :

X player joined LF Y quest was Z role, and then the we look in the list, but people don't use the tool so...

bruced
12.18.2011 , 11:04 PM | #26
God no! Oh hell, please no. Please god no!!!!

Larrydizzle
12.18.2011 , 11:13 PM | #27
I prefer to make friends and find groups on my own. Tired of the "grindy, log on and jump in qeue" feel. Game SHOULD have a social aspect to it.
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

SamuraiCrazy
12.19.2011 , 02:33 PM | #28
at one point during TBC expansion, WoW actually had a decent LFG tool. you could /lfg and the tool would pop up and ask what quests and/or dungeon you wanted a group for. then you could see who else was in the que for those quests/dungeons, what class they were and how many players where in their group if they had one.

that was a good tool, and easy to use. if we had something like that i imagine both sides of the argument would be contempt.
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman

Emptus
12.19.2011 , 04:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiCrazy View Post
at one point during TBC expansion, WoW actually had a decent LFG tool. you could /lfg and the tool would pop up and ask what quests and/or dungeon you wanted a group for. then you could see who else was in the que for those quests/dungeons, what class they were and how many players where in their group if they had one.

that was a good tool, and easy to use. if we had something like that i imagine both sides of the argument would be contempt.(sic)
This is actually a good idea.

I know that the only LFG tool that people can remember is the current incarnation of WoW's dungeon finder because the collective memory of the internet is about as long as a single breath, but even in WoW there were several, quite effective LFG tools before the cross-server monster that now exists.

The first (that I remember -- I started playing that game right before TBC) was a simple LFG Channel. You pressed a queue button and you joined a world-wide chat channel. That was it. It was simple, spartan and if you were like me and liked running dungeons, you basically never left it. Honestly under that system I was able to usually make a group in about half an hour, typically through a combination of my friends list and /who <insert appropriate level range> look for classes capable of the needed roles /whisper.

They then instituted a much better LFG tool which let you select which instances you were interested in participating in, what roles you were capable of fulfilling and your level. Groups were made by entering the queue and then asking other people to join you. Certainly an improvement than randomly pestering people.

Lastly, they improved the LFG tool to teleport you to the instance in question and provided auto match up for people on the same server. At this point the LFG tool was basically the dungeon finder that still exists in the game. Notice that Cross-server nonsense actually came after they found people waiting in queue for hours LFG for instances no one wanted to run anymore (Dire Maul anyone?).

Now I agree. I think that the cross-server automated matchup tool in WoW has encouraged insular players -- you can't even put good players on your friends list anymore , cause chances are they are from another server, but I think that the current implementation of LFG needs some work.

Is it serviceable? Sure. But since the /who and other social tabs are currently bugged even basic functionality is seriously hindered. I am lucky enough to be in a very large, active guild that has mature helpful players who would love to run flashpoints all night long. And so all of my groups have come from either my guild or the occasional general chat. But I know that not everyone is that fortunate.
"In the face of evil, complacency is compliance."

Eronenris
12.19.2011 , 04:56 PM | #30
the reason they don't have one of these garbage tools is because no decent players need/want them its only the kids from wow that want everything handed to them like wow did for its players, and by doing so ruining the game for us people that actually like to work for our stuff so we feel it is actually earned i pray that they don't add an lfg tool to this game and dumb it down to the elementary lvls that wow has become.