Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

puzzling alignment aggrivation with my new char,help pl0x?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
puzzling alignment aggrivation with my new char,help pl0x?

Baphomet_x
06.22.2012 , 12:45 PM | #1
well yeah..ive gotten to dark 2 on my 47 sith sorceror right....that was mainly just basing it off of my personal opinions about conversation options

but ive got my bounty hunter now too...and using the same method im having trouble keeping my alignment in the negative zone....

any heads up on big darkside point oppurtunitys?my bounty hunter is lvl 13 right now

Codek
06.22.2012 , 12:50 PM | #2
Mercy killings will tend to trick you, always seek out the choice the seems to cause more torture to the person and remember that death can be very peaceful at times.

Also helping corruption and people full of greed can be a good indicator.
~Codek

Baphomet_x
06.22.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
ah thanks man....i hate getting fooled

on a side note i wish there were more bounty hunter convo options to show devotion to the empire

also,when will my bounty hunter get a companion that works with darkside choices?

Urael
06.22.2012 , 12:56 PM | #4
Here is something to keep in mind:

You can grind Black Talon and Esseles for DS and LS points. So Don't worry about it for now and play how you are if that is the way you want to play. You will always have to option of grinding alignment after you hit 50.

Codek
06.22.2012 , 12:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
ah thanks man....i hate getting fooled

on a side note i wish there were more bounty hunter convo options to show devotion to the empire

also,when will my bounty hunter get a companion that works with darkside choices?
lol, that might be a while. The earliest one will be one that enjoys Greed and Money choices (can often be a dark side decision) but a true dark side character is actually fairly late in the leveling. Although even he just likes to beat things up... not truly a die hard ******.

Edit: can't believe they censored the last word assuming it was a racial slur... I was referring to a dark side user!!!
~Codek

clintcasey
06.22.2012 , 01:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Here is something to keep in mind:

You can grind Black Talon and Esseles for DS and LS points. So Don't worry about it for now and play how you are if that is the way you want to play. You will always have to option of grinding alignment after you hit 50.
Grinding alignment is a waste of time, if you have to grind a lot of it.

You can get better relics that don't require alignments by putting down 22,000 credits at the Recruit PVP vendor and buying 2 Champion Relics as soon as you hit 50.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

zerosaint
06.22.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
Tying companion character stories to the way they perceive you is horrible for the record. I had the same problem with Kalyo. Every time I wasn't being super evil she disapproved. Just more treadmill from BW.

ValemIroqi
06.22.2012 , 01:11 PM | #8
Save yourself some trouble, under Preferences-->User Interface-->Conversation-->Show Conversation Alignment Gain.

This will display an Icon next to LS/DS choices even if your mouse isn't hovering over it (which is a default setting). That way you can still use the numbers to respond to conversation and still know what options are Light/Dark
Server: Prophecy of the Five
Darth Malficium- 50 Marauder

BJWyler
06.22.2012 , 01:15 PM | #9
For the OP: I tend to play based off of what my character's "beliefs" are. For my Bounty Hunter, he is treading right in the middle - the Grey Area. One thing I have found for making the L/D options easier to choose is to have them highlighted in the conversation wheel and choose the side I most want for the character if I am not too concerned with role-play choices for them.

Quote: Originally Posted by zerosaint View Post
Tying companion character stories to the way they perceive you is horrible for the record. I had the same problem with Kalyo. Every time I wasn't being super evil she disapproved. Just more treadmill from BW.
Yeah, I'm not liking the companion choices too much at this point. I am playing around with all 8 main classes on the PTS and pretty much every first companion (except for T7) would dislike the majority of the choices my characters would make if I wasn't using a cheat sheet for the affection gains. I even attempted to dismiss Khem for one quest because I would have gotten max disapproval from the choices. Turns out it didn't matter anyway - you still get the gains/losses for the last companion you had with you even when they are not present during any part of the mission. That really needs to change.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Urael
06.22.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Turns out it didn't matter anyway - you still get the gains/losses for the last companion you had with you even when they are not present during any part of the mission.
Actually I have found that the rep goes to the companion with whom you obtained the quest. It's not the last companion you had out. You can manipulate the system for intance to increase all the rep you need for one companion and use the companion you preffer in combat. Just remember to get out the companion you are working affection with when you pick up quests.

Caveat: Some quests (usually story) give affection to more than one companion regardless of the companion that was with you when you picked the quest up.