Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats question (myself & kaliyo)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Stats question (myself & kaliyo)

smulx
12.18.2011 , 04:59 PM | #1
Quick question about stats. I've read that Cunning is the most important and should take priority over everything else, but I've also seen that too much cunning can gimp other abilities. Which is correct? I'm level 20 so far and I've just been stacking cunning. I assumed it didn't matter as I'll be changing my gear often. Should I be concentrating on Aim too?

What are the best stats for Kaliyo? I've only been giving her quest rewards which haven't been provided often. I'm thinking I should buy her some better tanking stuff but I'm not sure which stats are best for this.

Thanks!

b-morgan
12.18.2011 , 06:57 PM | #2
The IA main stat is cunning. Kaliyo's main stat is aim. When given a choice between two pieces of cunning gear, I have been taking the more balanced piece so that my endurance goes up as well. I can't say that's the right thing to do, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Steegon
12.18.2011 , 06:59 PM | #3
I have been wondering that myself. I am only lvl 14 and all I have seen is gear with Endurance and Cunning, nothing with Aim.

Locke
12.18.2011 , 07:02 PM | #4
You do not need Aim at all for Imperial Agents. Cunning is your main stat and it applies to all your abilities.

b-morgan
12.18.2011 , 07:05 PM | #5
I've taken the following approach with Kaliyo...

If I get an upgrade, I check to see if the old piece is better stats for Kaliyo. In the beginning, she was wearing lots of medium armor pieces I could no longer use. My thinking here was that something in a slot was better than nothing in the slot.

As we progress, I'm finding more armor that is heavy and has her primary stat, aim. I've even gotten an orange piece for her that looks hideous, but I've modded it specifically for her.

b-morgan
12.18.2011 , 07:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You do not need Aim at all for Imperial Agents. Cunning is your main stat and it applies to all your abilities.
In addition to your own character, each companion has a primary stat that is often different that your character's primary stat. Feel free to ignore this if you want, but please don't advise others to do the same.

Brilderee
12.18.2011 , 07:44 PM | #7
Im looking at the level 20 pvp gear and the some gear has power and crit. What is the better stat to have on gear between those two?
Operative
<Death Wind Corridor>

BubblePoP
12.18.2011 , 08:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Brilderee View Post
Im looking at the level 20 pvp gear and the some gear has power and crit. What is the better stat to have on gear between those two?
Im not 100% sure here, But I do think that Snipers go for crit and Operatives go for power.

Jordan_Hoffman
12.18.2011 , 08:45 PM | #9
Power and Crit are all based on what you are looking to do and how you want to spec your character.

Power applies to Tech/Healing abilities and applies a base damage/healing increase.
More Power = Higher Damage/Healing - Pretty straight forward.
Alacrity is how fast you activate your abilities. Very good to go Power/Alacrity

Crit applies to Damage/Healing also - Yet it is only CRIT CHANCE. This is different than Surge which gives you a bonus to CRIT DMG. Very good to stack Crit/Surge
More Crit = More crit chances for dmg/healing crits, derrr

Now there are hybrids,

I.E Crit/Power for a base bonus with higher chance to crit. Snipers love dis

Or Surge/Alacrity while having tons of Cunning to make up for lower crit chance and dmg. Money for operatives

Edit*

To answer the OP, Cunning is the only stat you should be stacking along with End, depending on your build, for concealment I go End/Cun and Stack Crit. Your companions are significantly less important and most quests will keep them well equiped. Always use main stat for every char being your main or a companion
Live life quick...

Locke
12.18.2011 , 08:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by b-morgan View Post
In addition to your own character, each companion has a primary stat that is often different that your character's primary stat. Feel free to ignore this if you want, but please don't advise others to do the same.
That is why I said for Imperial Agents. I said nothing of companions. Obviously each companion has their own primary stat..