Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Giolon
06.22.2012 , 04:50 PM | #11
I have a question about this note about loot drops in the recent dev blog: "Drops are restricted to the advanced classes present for the loot event."

Does this mean that a piece of gear absolutely will never drop if the Advanced Class that it's designed for is not present? This would make it very difficult to gear up specific companions, or try to obtain moddable gear to wear that doesn't strictly fit your advanced class's profile (e.g. Jedi Sentinels that like to wear moddable Smuggler gear for aesthetic reasons, or in my case, Sages who like the textures on some Shadow equipment better).
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~

Thyferra
06.22.2012 , 04:53 PM | #12
What will happen to the 187 now pretty much dead servers. Will they get merged into one big server for people to come back and transfer off of or will you just shut them down?

Darth_Victus
06.22.2012 , 04:55 PM | #13
Pure and simple, when will Pazaak be in the game so that players can have a social mini-game to play with their friends online?

Dellgar
06.22.2012 , 04:58 PM | #14
My question is will there be any bonus or rank with being in a guild. It would be really cool if there was some incentive to be in a guild besides with friends. Doing Raids or heroic together as a guild. Right now I really don't see any reason to be in a guild unless your lonely and want some company.

Incindaar
06.22.2012 , 05:15 PM | #15
What are the plans for dealing with performance issues and long queues that might affect the newly transferred to servers (especially when patch 1.3 hits)? I'm worried that while its fun to play with a full group of people every night right now, when the new patch hits disaster could ensue.

Edit: I just realized that patch 1.3 is coming on Tuesday, so by the time this question is answered it would be too late. Any chance of receiving a response to this concern sooner? I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear the answer.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

BenjaminminU
06.22.2012 , 05:29 PM | #16
Can we please have some more information about HK-51? Or at least a pretty picture of him to keep us HK fanboys going a bit longer?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Marjk
06.22.2012 , 05:40 PM | #17
My question has to do with the unavailability of electrostaves for Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassins -- even though they learn how to equip these when they reach their advanced class these individuals are unable to use certain abilities that are specific to their advanced class. The reason why this is an issue for me is due to the fact that Jedi Guardian/Sentinels and Sith Juggernauts/Marauders can utilize vibroblades to their fullest extent and not be hindered by the aforementioned loss of abilities. Are there any plans to allow full ability usage via electrostaves for Jedi Shadows, and their counterparts, sometime in the future?

MusedMoose
06.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #18
Will we ever see gear appearance customizations for companions? I'm talking about being able to hide the head slot and make their gear colors match. Y'know, the same options our characters have. I love having the companions around, but it's a real shame when you can't see their faces, and it kinda sucks not to be able to set their gear to the same colors.

Briseius
06.22.2012 , 05:59 PM | #19
Looking back on pre-beta days and guilds, there was a heavy emphasis on 'allied / rival' systems. Can we expect to see further development regarding UI integration for these features and if so perhaps an increased chance to join a queue against a rival guild with allied guild chat channel?
pɐǝɥ ʎɯ oʇ ƃuıɥsnɹ sı poolq ʎɯ ɟo llɐ

DarkSaberMaster
06.22.2012 , 06:01 PM | #20
Asking again. Why do Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors the only classes that don't have a shared armor system like all the other classes?
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger