Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rebazar
06.24.2012 , 10:17 PM | #111
Combat Logging for healers... Are you guys working on a way to determine the overhealing amount, plus take into consideration something like a sage's force bubble, which absorbs damage on its target?
I Bind all of my keys to Grav Round and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming "I am teh Leetness!" at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Pdarkk
06.24.2012 , 11:14 PM | #112
Im still missing several Titles and codex entries for planets due to bugs or for some reason you had removed from the game but left it in the codex. Can you tell us your reasoning for removing certain titles? Also will we be getting them back?

LilTsar
06.24.2012 , 11:31 PM | #113
Would you ever consider changing some of the current set bonuses? Most will agree that some are great and some not so great, and, come 1.3, i know of at least 1 that will have been directly affected by patches (2-piece field tech), and while that nice little quality of life bonus will still be so, it won't make as much theoretical sense anymore (ie more alacrity means faster energy consumption so it was nice to get a quick 'cushion' to work with, but with accuracy/armor penetration the bonus being on the same talent feels rather arbitrary. I dont know if any other set bonuses have been affected like the target acquired/illegal mods related one, but, not to be negative, i definitely know of some bonuses that i consider to be of little value.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

KhamG
06.25.2012 , 12:23 AM | #114
Does the first boss in heroic mode Lost Island meet your expectations in terms of presenting players with a challenge?

Will massive wiping via the group finder be a concern that would make you considering changing this or any other encounter that are less PUG friendly?

Jogepari
06.25.2012 , 05:11 AM | #115
Please explain in detail how Guard ability works and show damage reduction for both persons step by step. Is 50% of redirected damage count afrer reducing it by 5%, whose armor mitigates that 50%, is tank able to shield/avoid that damage himself? For example, in pvp tank with high damage reduction guards dps with low damage reduction while defending a point. Is it possible that they both will die faster than without guarding because of higher overall damage taken (assuming that attacking players focus on guarded player, and switch to tank after he's dead)?

Novarium
06.25.2012 , 07:04 AM | #116
Will there be any implementation of gear that has the visual appearance of other sets like light armour that has the visual appearance of the columi enforcer field medic gear "i am a big fan of the visual appearance of that gear. maybe allow gear to take on the appearance of other gear for a small fee from a vendor? or a legacy perk that allows you to make items legacy bound and not charector bound. or like a legacy uniform where u can have all the charectors in your legacy take on the same visual appearance. In short make customisable orange gear that has raid visual appearance for all light medium and heavy or a way of copying the visual appearance of items or a legacy unlock to do this. Thanks

Glaurion
06.25.2012 , 07:05 AM | #117
How does short-duration damage buffs works on delayed attack skills? E.g.: I use my Rakata Attack Adrenal, which buffs my Power stat for 15 seconds. When its almost over, lets say 3 seconds to expire, I use Stick Grenade (tropper skill), which takes 6 seconds to explode. The output damage will takes in concern my buffed Power from the time I have used the skill or the regular stats from the time the grenade explodes?

Styxx
06.25.2012 , 07:16 AM | #118
Will we ever see the current Bind on Pickup gear turned into Bind on Legacy?

Explanation: With the incentive to roll alts, the "mains" might have excess comms or gear that can be sent to Legacy alts (various levels and potential mission / flashpoint / op bind on pickup gear). It seems counter-intuitive to lock any gear in an evironment where sending gear is twice as important.

And no, buying a Legacy set for 750k and pulling mods and putting them in it, then pulling them again, only to benefit for set bonus, AFTER you get the said set, which you already have / can buy on other toons, is NOT intuitive nor productive.

dudeyoumadbro
06.25.2012 , 07:19 AM | #119
I have an Idea for a legacy unlock..

You know how you can send your companions to gather materials for you? how about we can send our alts to craft stuff for us with their respective crafting skill? that would save the trouble of logging off, logging back on, etc.

something to think about!
The Leto Legacy
Athius - Jedi Guardian Stiffler - Scoundrel Annadorf - Vanguard Ellesif - Jedi Sage
Dalexs - Mercenary Dethex - Marauder Tights - Sniper Dythius - Assassian
The Bastion - PvP

raykimaru
06.25.2012 , 07:42 AM | #120
I agree with an earlier post:

Are we going to see customisable ships? Or have other ship types available to buy?

Or even as a Legacy unlock: Allowing you access to another class' ship?

(For example having a Jedi Knight character, but being able to use the Trooper's ship for them due to a universal legacy unlock or something)

Also,

Are we going to see additional droids which can be bought as companions or pets?