Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sporadicus
06.24.2012 , 12:23 PM | #101
For PVP armor. Reducing Mod Cost

example, I have a Juggernaut robe I got form Corellia.. and as I am doing pvp I now have the battlemaster vest.
I would much like to keep my current gear (PVE) over the looks of the pvp gear (battlemaster), so my question is:
can you lower the cost of removing mods from the pvp gear as each costs the best part of 40k, and if you take into account that you want to do it for all the gear, that is quite an amount.
I also think many people would wear different attire so we don't all look the same in pvp.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards

Zin-Zin
06.24.2012 , 12:48 PM | #102
Hello!

We were told at the Guild Summit in March that chat bubbles were coming. With many of the performance issues apparently solved and UI customization now live, many people would like an update regarding the status of chat bubbles.

With server moves having made for a more healthy population density, this is more important than ever since dealing with chat scroll is a lot more difficult with more people around to talk.

So how about an update? ETA? Anything? Thanks very much.

Stevoholmes
06.24.2012 , 02:15 PM | #103
What are you planning to do about giving us more of an endgame experience?
Love the game, thank you!

Madstommy
06.24.2012 , 03:54 PM | #104
In the group finder, i heard that ou can pick more than one role for you character to participate as, will there be a system to hold one role over another, such as it being your primary role.
Hello, I love you!
Go Away!

Story of my life ^^

Lesai
06.24.2012 , 03:57 PM | #105
When it comes to planning content and game direction, how much of it is based on the developers plan for the game, and how much of it is based on community suggestion and feedback? Are the players merely a drop in the bucket, or are we helping drive the game updates?
Lesai Carter

Freezzo
06.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #106
Have you ever thought about some sort of mentoring system? I really like playing with others and you seem to encourage people to do so, but there is no way I'm having fun helping out someone on Balmorra with my level 50. It would be great if there's being thought about the ability to level-down and join in the other persons quest and also see the story, possibly in the way I see their class stories.
Sorry, this turned out to be more of a suggestion. The question was: Is there anything in the making that lets people level down and join on quests with friends?

Sarezar
06.24.2012 , 04:56 PM | #107
The new PvP relics are better for PvE content than PvE relics. I would agree that in some cases and for some characters (only) the PvE relics may offer temporarily a better option. However, it is both mathematically and empirically better to have a permanent +113 power/defense stat than a clicky for +380 power/defense. I personally never PvP but I always try to get the best gear for my characters. I don't want to PvP to maximize my PvE characters' gear. How do you feel about this predicament you have put me in?
Endure... In enduring, grow strong...
-- Dak'kon, of the People

Sir-steve
06.24.2012 , 05:17 PM | #108
Couple of quick questions:

1) What is the rationale for waiting until level 25 to get a speeder i.e. you get a lightsaber at level 10, but can't ride a bike?
2) The 'commendeered speeders' on hutta are great, but few and far between - can you put more of them in the world if we can't get speedered earlier?
3) Why can't players craft directly i.e. only companions are able to do this

Aderes
06.24.2012 , 06:04 PM | #109
Will set bonuses be retained when moving mods to preffered custom gear? I did not see anything that says the PVE sets were fixed in this regard.
(‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[|][‾/‾/‾/‾/‾/][)

Drudenfusz
06.24.2012 , 06:08 PM | #110
There are still many codex entries that one cannot get (because of various bugs). Are you guys from BioWare working on this? Why is this issue still around? How long will it take until this get fixed?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version