Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

augment kit crafing on pts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
augment kit crafing on pts

Bartes
06.25.2012 , 12:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
Don't worry, they won't be expensive. There's such a huge glut of them that many people have 1000s of them. 1000 data modules will make 500 augmentation kits.
better save then sorry. I did that before 1.2, stockpiled zal alloy and ciridium and never regretted it coz I could make full augmented WH gear ASAP + sell a lot early. Now you barely see Zal Alloy on GTN and if you do prices are absurd. Not gonna change tomorrow also as you will need this to make armormech stuff AND augmentation kits (if you are armormech) so the demand for it will double.

Not saying it will happen with data modules as even my alt can farm them but why waste time and/or risk money?
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

Seront
06.25.2012 , 12:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bartes View Post
better save then sorry. I did that before 1.2, stockpiled zal alloy and ciridium and never regretted it coz I could make full augmented WH gear ASAP + sell a lot early. Now you barely see Zal Alloy on GTN and if you do prices are absurd. Not gonna change tomorrow also as you will need this to make armormech stuff AND augmentation kits (if you are armormech) so the demand for it will double.

Not saying it will happen with data modules as even my alt can farm them but why waste time and/or risk money?
Heh. I actually bought about 200 full stacks of Smart Cells over the last week. Up until now they've been completely worthless, and the price that they were listed for in the GTN was basically the cost of the diplomacy missions (without the time investment). In 1.3, Ultimate Medpacs and HyperBattle adrenals use these instead of experimental serum. Also, rank 5 biochemicals won't be used any more either, so I sold my entire stock and bought a lot of the cheaper rank 6s instead.

I feel a little bad for the people who bought all my quick-growth agent. =) Suckers!

Anyway, in the best case scenario, I make a modest profit. In the worst case, I have enough smart cells to make medpacs and adrenals for my guild into eternity. Even in the worst case, chances are I could still sell them for about what I paid for them.

GnatB
06.25.2012 , 06:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
You can fit 100x8 for a total of 800 green items in your mailbox. You will make obscene amounts of money selling kits as early as possible, so yes it's worth it so you're not backlogged making greens.
True. But there are new schematics coming out via UT. While I will be REing some greens I've stored to send companions out making augment kits, the majority of my companions are going UWT looking for orange bracer/belt schematics. I suspect it'll be more profitable cranking THOSE out. Sell the augmented ones for a nice profit, RE the failures for kit parts. (heck, If I didn't consider it profiteering, I could probably sell the UNaugmented ones for a nice profit, If I get the schematic(s) quick enough)

'Course, I'm also not keen on charging *too* overinflated prices when things first come out. IME that tends to cause people to blacklist you in the future, whereas if you start off with fair prices, you may end up with customers specifically seeking you out. (though I'll admit, the impersonalness of the GTN does harm that whole aspect. Still, I've had it happen.)

iomed
06.25.2012 , 06:32 PM | #24
I may have missed this, but are the schems/training to build the kits at the Armormech/synth trainers?

GnatB
06.25.2012 , 07:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by iomed View Post
I may have missed this, but are the schems/training to build the kits at the Armormech/synth trainers?
They should be, though you'll have to wait for the patch.