Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

augment kit crafing on pts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
augment kit crafing on pts

Seront
06.22.2012 , 07:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Actually, it's unclear whether or not other professions will be able to RE stuff to get the mats. I don't believe they've actually stated they couldn't, and a biochem on PTS reported getting mats from REing an implant. That being said, they won't be able to do anything with them themselves, and those that can will have access to their own supply of kit mats. ('course, they have access to their own supply of regular mats now, and prices on the GTN are STILL rediculously high, so...)
I'm that Biochem. I'm stockpiling greens as we speak. =) All you need is one friend who can make the actual kits.

In the end, I'm not sure if it's wise. I think the cost, material wise, to do it through biochem is more expensive than through other crew skills (i.e., bracers), but I'm not sure.

Laichzeit
06.23.2012 , 03:38 AM | #12
Greetz from Germany, can confirm that RE Implants will give Mats! Tried it yesterday on the PTR...
RE'ed lvl 49 Green Implant --> Build time ca. 5 mins! Gave me MK6-Augment Mats

Seront
06.23.2012 , 09:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Laichzeit View Post
Greetz from Germany, can confirm that RE Implants will give Mats! Tried it yesterday on the PTR...
RE'ed lvl 49 Green Implant --> Build time ca. 5 mins! Gave me MK6-Augment Mats
Only problem is it's like 8 (expensive) mats compared to an Armomech's cheap belt that requires 4 (cheap Zal Alloy and Durasteel). Hugely cheaper for them. =(

DonJuansen
06.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #14
If i craft green bracers/belts in 1.2 before the game gets patched, if i RE these after 1.3 do i get the augment component parts?

Or can i only get these from stuff i craft post-1.3?

Oggthebase
06.24.2012 , 05:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DonJuansen View Post
If i craft green bracers/belts in 1.2 before the game gets patched, if i RE these after 1.3 do i get the augment component parts?

According to Dulfy's blog, you can already craft your green items and RE them after 1.3 goes live.

(If you do not know Dulfy's blog (callsign iwipe on these forums) I recommend you check out her blog, always very informative tips)

Bartes
06.24.2012 , 10:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
According to Dulfy's blog, you can already craft your green items and RE them after 1.3 goes live.

(If you do not know Dulfy's blog (callsign iwipe on these forums) I recommend you check out her blog, always very informative tips)
this is correct. Also stockpile some subelectronic data modules, you will need them to craft augment kits. I bought 99 of them while they are cheap and I suppose they will be quite expensive soon as every augment kit maker will need them.
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

GnatB
06.25.2012 , 10:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DonJuansen View Post

Yep, but I'm not sure it's wise to stockpile the greens. Mats stack, greens don't. And it only takes like 3 minutes to make a green belt, so unless you think a couple hours difference in time is gonna matter that much, better to stock lots and lots of mats. ('course, at this point probably not enough time to stockpile THAT much mats...)

Seront
06.25.2012 , 10:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Yep, but I'm not sure it's wise to stockpile the greens. Mats stack, greens don't. And it only takes like 3 minutes to make a green belt, so unless you think a couple hours difference in time is gonna matter that much, better to stock lots and lots of mats. ('course, at this point probably not enough time to stockpile THAT much mats...)
You can fit 100x8 for a total of 800 green items in your mailbox. You will make obscene amounts of money selling kits as early as possible, so yes it's worth it so you're not backlogged making greens.

Seront
06.25.2012 , 10:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bartes View Post
this is correct. Also stockpile some subelectronic data modules, you will need them to craft augment kits. I bought 99 of them while they are cheap and I suppose they will be quite expensive soon as every augment kit maker will need them.
Don't worry, they won't be expensive. There's such a huge glut of them that many people have 1000s of them. 1000 data modules will make 500 augmentation kits.

Morvoldo
06.25.2012 , 11:22 AM | #20
Found this interesting but unsure until tomorrow how accurate it is

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...n-system-guide

gives general idea tho
The Anitcipation of Death is Worse than Death it self