Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

augment kit crafing on pts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
augment kit crafing on pts

Migrayn
06.22.2012 , 08:41 AM | #1
I read you need 10 components from REing crit craft able items. Now do the componts gathered have mk levels as wellor can we RE level 20 gear and then make a mk-6 augment slot?
Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller:
If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun.

Wapakguy
06.22.2012 , 09:08 AM | #2
The components have the same level as the other mats you getting from REing the item.

Migrayn
06.22.2012 , 09:32 AM | #3
so we have to craft level 50 gear to RE for mats for MK-6 kits. Makes sense, though sucks from a wasteing materials and the long crafting time on level 50 gear.
If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun.

wainot-keel
06.22.2012 , 10:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Migrayn View Post
so we have to craft level 50 gear to RE for mats for MK-6 kits. Makes sense, though sucks from a wasteing materials and the long crafting time on level 50 gear.
But you get rid of the randomness of getting a crit to have a augment slot. That's more valuable.
And how long does it take to craft a green ? IIRC, a purple is around 45 ~ 50 minutes, a blue around 20 ~ 25. A green like 10 ? So if you queue up all your peeps with 5 greens, you'll get 25 units for augment kits in under 1 hour. I don't think that's a lot of time.

Migrayn
06.22.2012 , 10:22 AM | #5
ohh I did not think it would come from greens I thought only from the orange stuff like the BM and WH craftables. That is much nicer if it comes from greens. Thanks for the info.

GnatB
06.22.2012 , 10:46 AM | #6
Yep, a whole lot of lvl 49 green belts/bracers gonna be gettin' crafted. (and pretty sure they're considerably shorter than 10 minutes)

Ryanbeast
06.22.2012 , 12:26 PM | #7
quick question on it, i have a bunch of 50 orange light sabers that didn't augment. can i RE those for the 10 materials to be able to give them to someone who can make the augment kits?

Mithros
06.22.2012 , 01:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryanbeast View Post
quick question on it, i have a bunch of 50 orange light sabers that didn't augment. can i RE those for the 10 materials to be able to give them to someone who can make the augment kits?
No.

Armormechs, armstechs, and synthweavers can RE their items to get the materials to produce augment kits.

The other skills are not involved in this.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Wapakguy
06.22.2012 , 02:15 PM | #9
The kits themselves take 25 minutes on top of that.

GnatB
06.22.2012 , 03:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
No.

Armormechs, armstechs, and synthweavers can RE their items to get the materials to produce augment kits.

The other skills are not involved in this.
Actually, it's unclear whether or not other professions will be able to RE stuff to get the mats. I don't believe they've actually stated they couldn't, and a biochem on PTS reported getting mats from REing an implant. That being said, they won't be able to do anything with them themselves, and those that can will have access to their own supply of kit mats. ('course, they have access to their own supply of regular mats now, and prices on the GTN are STILL rediculously high, so...)