Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P model worries

shadowrouge
06.21.2012 , 05:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
So how can they say f2p up to level 15? that's more like an extended trial?
Because WoW, and Rift both say the same thing. Free to play up to level 20. So I don't see why SWTOR could not do the same. Seems to be the industry standard now.
Weekend Beta tester 11-11-11/ Thanksgiving tester 11-25-11
http://www.swtor.com/r/XydG2G

Sarfux
06.21.2012 , 05:31 PM | #12
sigh..

again...the free to play model options they were talking about are the f2p up to level 15 OPTION starting in July. That's what it is. This isn't going f2p. Sorry

I believe they are going to do it like they said from the beginning. 15 dollars a month then have all content updates free with expansions free. That's what they want to do. That's how it SHOULD be. Pay a monthly fee, get it ALL
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

jgelling
06.21.2012 , 05:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazedScotsman View Post
This game isn't going to the free to play model.

Where is this information coming from? Is it just wild speculation and rumor being thrown out there to get people to leave the game and to see what sticks? .
Well, it started with lead game designer Lusinchi saying:

Quote:
“Unless people are happy with what they have, they are constantly demanding updates, new modes and situations. So we are looking at free-to-play but I can’t tell you in much detail. We have to be flexible and adapt to what is going on.”
http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/15/swto...-free-to-play/

Then EA's president stepped in with an explanation of those comments that was, well, non-committal?

Quote:
“We’re going to be in the business from a long-term standpoint so absolutely we’re going to embrace free access, free trial, ultimately some day we can move in and embrace that model,” EA’s*Frank Gibeau told GamesIndustry International, noting also that EA is*”really proud of*Star Wars” and “ really excited about the launch.”

“I don’t think subscriptions ever go away, but when you have an IP as broad as*Star Wars, we’re definitely going to look at opportunities to grow that business and look at different ways of bringing customers in and serving them,” Gibeau continued.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-free-to-play/

No one knows what the game has planned but the comments were interesting. It's not just crazy made up stuff from nowhere, no, although this is the Internet so that happens

Noviru
06.21.2012 , 05:36 PM | #14
Hello everyone,

We know that the topics of micro-transactions, free-to-play and EA stock in relations to the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is a popular topic right now. To help keep discussions consolidated and our forums better organized, please use one of these previously existing topics, since we will be closing this one:
Thank you!