Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

irl speculation,what code do you adhere too?jedi or sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
irl speculation,what code do you adhere too?jedi or sith?

Noviru
06.21.2012 , 03:39 PM | #11
Hello everyone,

Quick heads up that we recently removed several posts for being off-topic. If you quoted or responded to any of this content, your post may have been removed as well.

As a friendly reminder, if you see someone who you believe may be in violation of the Rules of Conduct, please report the post or the member instead of responding in kind. This allows for discussion to continued uninterrupted.

Thanks!

Tatile
06.21.2012 , 03:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Baphomet_x View Post
everytime they move
That seems like a slight exaggeration. I'm sure emotion isn't intrinsically tied to movement - also, I would take it that Jedi do not allow emotion to influence their connection to the Force, nor do they use it to fuel their abilities, therefore they could still feel emotion, but have a need to repress it, not voice it.

ScarletBlaze
06.21.2012 , 04:03 PM | #13
Depends on how you interpret the Jedi Code. I don't interpret it the way most do.

This is my interpretation of the code:

I t does not say that is how one should act. It does not say Act with No Emotion. Instead it shows us the error in heedlessly following our human nature. Emotion clouds peace, ignorance overshadows knowledge, passion distorts serenity, chaos destroys harmony, death hides the Force. Now lets bring this all together and look at each line of the Jedi Code and how it exactly guidesi in daily life.

There is no emotion; there is peace. A Jedi acts and reacts in a calm manner, not allowing the emotions they are feeling to cloud their judgment, reasoning, and objective.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. A Jedi faces each new challenge with the opportunity to gain more knowledge. They do not fear the unknown, but take the chance to learn about the unknown.

There is no passion; there is serenity. A Jedi does not allow their passions in life to affect their judgment, reason, or objectives. A Jedi acts and reacts keeping a serene mind, unaffected by their personal desire.

There is no chaos; there is harmony. A Jedi seeks moderation and balance with all things. Even though life can be very chaotic a Jedi finds harmony with that chaos. Balance in the world around them, balance within themselves, the middle-ground in each situation, and even on a larger scale harmony between technology and nature.

And lastly there is no death; there is the Force. A Jedi understands that the Force is created and associated with life. Yet death is also a natural part of life. For a Jedi there is no fear of death. For death is merely one more unknown, another chance for the Jedi to gain knowledge about the Force itself.

Even if you are angry you should be able to find harmony or a solution to the problem if you take the time to calm down and look at the problem in a rational manner. Sometimes that means taking a walk or just getting away from the situation until you are calmer.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Insomnio
06.21.2012 , 04:23 PM | #14
im just expressing that the jedi seem to enjoy alot of rulebending of there code

the republic is also somewhat different from the jedi

the jedi are supposed to follow there code without error,yet everytime they smile,everytime they move,everytime they protect something..they are violating there code
It is their code, and they acknowledge that they will not always follow it like robots, but it is their guidelines to a productive life (of a jedi)

Insomnio
06.21.2012 , 05:05 PM | #15
im just expressing that the jedi seem to enjoy alot of rulebending of there code

the republic is also somewhat different from the jedi

the jedi are supposed to follow there code without error,yet everytime they smile,everytime they move,everytime they protect something..they are violating there code
It is their code, and they acknowledge that they will not always follow it like robots, but it is their guidelines to a productive life (of a jedi)

Elkirin
06.21.2012 , 05:10 PM | #16
I am a jedi....... until the police car is out of sight.

Majedron
06.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #17
Peace is a Lie there is only Passion
Through Passion I gain Strength
Through Strength I gain Power
Through Power I gain Victory
Through Victory my chains are Broken

I used a red blade in SWG and carry one here for the same reason.

bionamaster
06.21.2012 , 07:21 PM | #18
I'd say I sit in the grey area IRL. I'm not quite as a paragon of virtue as my Lightside Knight, but not as evil as my Darkside Warrior. Just, you know, in between.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Talarchy
06.21.2012 , 07:37 PM | #19
I live in a world where I realize Star Wars was just a movie, I live my life by whatever is thrown at me.
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

Baphomet_x
06.21.2012 , 08:47 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
I'd say I sit in the grey area IRL. I'm not quite as a paragon of virtue as my Lightside Knight, but not as evil as my Darkside Warrior. Just, you know, in between.

well finally someone says this...this is good...wandering between both codes,whatever suits your fancy at the time,the path of chaos is more flexible as you`ve proven (chaos in this definition being a person in a state who is both capable of great evil,and great good...yet wont do so without good reason)