Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

irl speculation,what code do you adhere too?jedi or sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
irl speculation,what code do you adhere too?jedi or sith?

Baphomet_x
06.21.2012 , 02:02 PM | #1
this is probably a one sided notion,as the majority of human beings whether they know it or not,are more applicable to the sith code

id think the planet earth would make a good crown jewel for the empire no?there wouldnt be much converting to do as most people to some extent already live by the sith code

Sauska
06.21.2012 , 02:37 PM | #2
I think I need a translator...
The Borealis Legacy

Tatile
06.21.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
Baphomet is essentially saying that people are mean and by extension "live" by the Sith code i.e. following their passions, using their emotions and not using pure logic for making decisions, perhaps even having a flexible moral code. Also, Earth would apparently be good for the Empire, as we're *****.

The problem with living by either Order's code is that each represents an extreme: adherence to emotion or being abhorrent of it (simplified, I know. I've not really done any philosophical readings on either Order), and that simply doesn't work in the real world.

If we were doing a scale, with Jedi being 1 and Sith being 6, I'd probably be around a 2. This is really only because I have a tendency to get quite stressed and yell at people unfairly, which is bad as I'm an Operations leader and healer, so I make a conscious effort to be in control of that. Doesn't always work.

Hojdar
06.21.2012 , 02:55 PM | #4
... Doomy doom? Maybe the sith comes to earth december 21st

GnatB
06.21.2012 , 02:56 PM | #5
Lightside Sith, probably, at least how prequal trilogy & TOR seems to treat things.

From what I understand, even "good" emotions (such as love) are "sith". (and I'm sorry, while I could see how love could lead to the darkside, love itself I would argue is STRONGLY lightside.)

Course, I would argue that the jedi are a bunch of hypocrites. There is no way I could see them doing what they do/sacrifice what they sacrifice if they didn't have a lot of love for their fellow beings. Which in itself would appear to violate the basic tenants of the jedi code.

edit: And yes, in regards to the earth. Emotions rule. Mostly good, (I would argue) but some bad. Either way it certainly isn't "pure unemotional logic". Thus... Sith.

Captain_Zone
06.21.2012 , 03:03 PM | #6
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Baphomet_x
06.21.2012 , 03:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.
now that is pure epicness

what im saying is that basically,even if you think your good irl..almost everything you do is against the jedi code,you feel love,compassion,anger (we all feel that in some amount everyday)

everything that composes the notion of someone having a "soul" goes against the jedi code basically...everything that makes you human is therefor sith

Tatile
06.21.2012 , 03:15 PM | #8
You removed the post I was referring to, but not this one. So I edit it.

To thread, I stand by my previous post. In general, humans will fall between the two Codes, with natural inclinations toward being a bit Sith-y, because emotions are a natural thing.

Malkosis
06.21.2012 , 03:30 PM | #9
Just because someone expresses their emotions/passions doesn't necessarily make them a follower of the Sith path.

If simple expressions of anger are all it takes to be considered a Sith, then every road raging citizen of the Republic might as well defect to the Empire. That's what you seem to be implying.

Baphomet_x
06.21.2012 , 03:33 PM | #10
im just expressing that the jedi seem to enjoy alot of rulebending of there code

the republic is also somewhat different from the jedi

the jedi are supposed to follow there code without error,yet everytime they smile,everytime they move,everytime they protect something..they are violating there code